Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Boulware gets jitters out of the way, explains crazy punt play
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Boulware gets jitters out of the way, explains crazy punt play

Sep 2, 2013, 3:38 PM

Boulware gets jitters out of the way, explains crazy punt play

Freshman linebacker Ben Boulware has been a player that Clemson fans want to see out on the field, and he got his chance on special teams Saturday night. What did he think about the atmosphere? What happened on the punt play where he touched the football? Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Front Page Story: Boulware gets jitters out of the way, explains crazy punt play

Sep 2, 2013, 3:49 PM

He ran directly into the ball; the Georgia player nailed him, but it was pretty much exactly the same time he hit the ball. I'm guessing if they had reviewed it they probably would have said he would have hit it regardless of being hit. Thank goodness for heads up thinking from C.J. Jones! I see exactly what he was trying to do, and it would have been awesome if it had worked out. He just needs to be a bit more careful about avoiding the ball next time. Love the effort, and I'm excited about seeing him play the rest of his time here!

Re: Front Page Story: Boulware gets jitters out of the way, explains crazy punt play

Sep 2, 2013, 3:58 PM

I think Ben is going to be a fine player for us. He will learn that this is a chance he just can't take. I'm not at all sure it would have been reviewed and in our favor. Also, one other thing Ben, SC State is not a great team. Actually, they aren't even a good team. Having said that, go out there and continue to wipe people out!

Sep 2, 2013, 5:54 PM

Wholeheartedly agree - great effort from the young man, maybe a little reckless,but don't stop now - ALL IN, all the time.

I don't know if the refs on the field would have gotten the call right, so the awesome heads up play by Jones should definitely earn him a game ball.

Sep 2, 2013, 7:45 PM

IMHO, Boulware is going to be a monster player for us at linebacker. He plays with an attitude, and by next season will be playing at around 245. And, he loves to hit people.

Love Boulware. One of my favorites.***

Sep 2, 2013, 4:15 PM

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

Re: Love Boulware. One of my favorites.***

Sep 2, 2013, 5:20 PM

Ben is my favorite freshman. He reminds me so much of a young me. I went at everything full speed ahead, and don't tell me that I couldn't do something. B/c I would show you better than I could tell you. Ben is going to be a special player for us at Clemson....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Would much rather see mistakes being made going full speed

Sep 2, 2013, 4:28 PM

than being hesitant or lethargic. Boulware is a beast and will go down in CU history imo.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mississippi Tiger --------- Clemson University - 8 Time National Football Champions - 1900, 1906, 1948, 1950, 1981, 1983, 2016, 2018

Re: Would much rather see mistakes being made going full speed

Sep 2, 2013, 7:46 PM

You got that exactly right. Look out!

Sep 2, 2013, 5:44 PM

He's defiantly going to have some fun interviews to watch

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Love Ben and Garrett could not be more opposite

Sep 2, 2013, 7:40 PM

personalities and be brothers. Both give 110% and we are fortunate to have them at Clemson.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My favorite too. an awesome young man!

Sep 2, 2013, 5:46 PM

Im a big fan of this guy! He will end up an alltime great before he is done here. I'll be cheering him on!

Boulware is great: Plays just like I did in high school

Sep 2, 2013, 7:48 PM

...except, of course, I was in the band.

And skinny.

And slow.

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL...+1...One of the funniest posts on TNet in a long time!***

Sep 3, 2013, 5:15 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 3, 2013, 1:59 AM

Correct me if I am wrong but I am pretty sure if you are pushed into the ball from an opposing player, play remains as if nobody ever touched it. I am pretty certain he was not familiar with this nor was the return man....either way it worked out and most importantly UGA goes home in tears!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic