Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Update: Texas WR interested in Clemson as transfer option
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 38
| visibility 1

Football Update: Texas WR interested in Clemson as transfer option

Jul 29, 2013, 11:38 PM

Texas WR interested in Clemson as transfer option

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Never going to happen.

Jul 29, 2013, 11:41 PM

Look at Bellamy, Dyer, etc.

Re: Never going to happen.

Jul 29, 2013, 11:44 PM

They never learn! That's all!

I doubt Clemson would take him with that incident***

Jul 29, 2013, 11:46 PM

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

Rich Rod would take him***

Jul 29, 2013, 11:52 PM

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

cant c it

Jul 29, 2013, 11:52 PM

Just cant see our coaching staff taking a previous problem. If they do, I will stand behind their judgement.

No thanks***

Jul 30, 2013, 12:23 AM

Re: Football Update: Texas WR interested in Clemson as transfer option

Jul 30, 2013, 12:29 AM

A player like him would be a huge pickup but with a charge like that on his record, I don't even want him. We don't need a bunch of thugs running around. This isn't UNC...

or USC***

Jul 30, 2013, 12:37 AM

NO FARMERS NO FOOD

Or USC***

Jul 30, 2013, 7:39 AM [ in reply to Re: Football Update: Texas WR interested in Clemson as transfer option ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I can't believe all the judging going on here....

Jul 30, 2013, 4:47 AM

that's a lie. I do believe it.

The dude got into a fight and landed a pretty good punch.

Who here never got into a fight in their lives?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He sucker punched a guy

Jul 30, 2013, 7:26 AM

in front of a ton of witnesses, broke the guys jaw and has been charged with a felony. I don't think it's unfairly judgmental to say that Clemson doesn't want to recruit felons.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

it was dropped to a misdemeanor....therefore not a felon....***

Jul 30, 2013, 8:39 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Jul 30, 2013, 8:48 AM

I don't think anyone is considering that maybe the tennis player had it coming. They can be some bishes....

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Seems like the prosecutor thought that way

Jul 30, 2013, 8:51 AM

It was over a girl if I remember correctly. He would be a solid pick up for Clemson.

exactly. and not trying to stereotype but I have known many

Jul 30, 2013, 8:52 AM [ in reply to Re: Football Update: Texas WR interested in Clemson as transfer option ]

rich ###### on tennis teams and know from experience how they can talk to people...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Jul 30, 2013, 9:03 AM

as bad as Texas needs players and yet slack Mac is willing to cut this guy loose? Something is up here. Wouldnt touch him

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What a pussified society we live in where a guy who punches

Jul 30, 2013, 12:06 PM

another guy in the face is now instantly looked at like a criminal. The punched guy might have deserved it... because... you know... thats a thing that exists. People deserving to be punched. Is that such a crazy concept?

A society where you can get punched for being a #####, is a more polite society.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

2 guys fighting over a girl

Jul 30, 2013, 12:10 PM

That's never happened before. This guy is obviously a hardened criminal and probably deserves the death penalty (that being said, if the other dude had his concealed carry licence he could have shot the WR).

I'm all about CWP, but we really should reign in the laws

Jul 30, 2013, 12:14 PM

allowing deadly force. If some ####### with a CWP calls my wife a horrible name and I punch his face, I dont want to get shot. Punching and shooting are very different. That's one situation in which open carry is better. If I see a dude has a gun, I'm less likely to physically attack him.

It is an interesting subject to say the least.

That's the rub

Jul 30, 2013, 12:17 PM

You can run your mouth, start a fight, take a punch, and then cap someone because you are a giant #####.

I think the only remedy, which is full of problems, is to

Jul 30, 2013, 12:22 PM

say if the shooter does ANYTHING that contributes to the altercation, then that person forfeits the immunity under any stand your ground law, unless the other person does something that clearly (to a jury) threatens the shooter's life. (like begins to use a deadly weapon)

In other words, don't start #### that your fists are not willing to finish. And don't shoot a person to avoid an ### kicking... only do it to save your life or your possessions.

Also assault laws are ridiculous. You automatically go to jail for hitting a person, but can go home free after shooting a dude. I'm certainly pro-gun, but I'm also pro-standing-up-for-yourself the old fashioned way. As long as you do it honorably, and only in very rare circumstances, pugilism is not evil.

Need to define deadly weapon

Jul 30, 2013, 12:33 PM

You'll get people that tell you that every punch/shove/kick is potentially deadly, and that you are justified in shooting someone who raises their hands because the first punch could kill you.

Absolutely right. But for the practical purpose for a

Jul 30, 2013, 3:35 PM

"common sense" application of the law, I would say that bats, knives, clubs, pipes, crow bars, hand-sized rocks, ninja stars, guns, golf clubs, axes, dynamite, flame-throwers, tazers, brass knuckles, spears, or any improvised device that could be substituted for the above should be considered deadly.

If you can fight barehanded well enough to kill a person you should not be discriminated against unless you actually kill someone. ;)

This post was of course partially tongue-in-cheek, though I happen to find it a useful framework.

Can I punch you in the face?***

Jul 31, 2013, 7:42 AM [ in reply to What a pussified society we live in where a guy who punches ]

are you tall enough? maybe you need a leg up?***

Jul 31, 2013, 8:18 AM

Maybe he could climb up on your back? That's assuming that

Jul 31, 2013, 9:02 AM

GWP isn't there already...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

i'm sorry, we're waxing philosophical. i could call you

Jul 31, 2013, 9:06 AM

when chuck e. cheese opens, maybe buy you a coca cola?

What a coincidence... I'm having my back

Jul 31, 2013, 9:11 AM

waxed today.

nice...

Jul 31, 2013, 9:12 AM

lbu complaining about rug burns again?

It's almost like a brier patch when it grows out***

Jul 31, 2013, 9:20 AM

nice, sounds like it's time, just don't let the sissies

Jul 31, 2013, 9:33 AM

@ greenpeace know about the deforestation.

gwp will show up with the injunction.

smh.

I hadn't thought about the wildlife that would have to be

Jul 31, 2013, 9:36 AM

relocated. Maybe I can ship them off to the rainforests in South America?

maybe you should give it a few days? sherman burned

Jul 31, 2013, 9:38 AM

columbia & see what grew back?

smh

What if something like this grew back?

Jul 31, 2013, 9:44 AM

photo cockbush_zpscaeb767a.jpg

Maybe I should go with Roundup?

deer lord man, you could put an eye out.***

Jul 31, 2013, 9:47 AM

Sort of a DA question, but to play along hypothetically

Jul 31, 2013, 11:45 AM [ in reply to Can I punch you in the face?*** ]

If you thought I gave you a reason to, then I would rather you not get arrested for it. I would rather try and make you pay for on my own.

Then again, some meat-headed idiots want to punch as soon as they become frustrated... which is pathetic. This is why all people should learn self-defense.

Jul 30, 2013, 3:17 PM

all this kid literally did was get into a fight and ultimately dominate it. I mean, he broke a kids jaw, he wasnt doing drugs or causing any other kinds of trouble. College kids fight, its not a big deal. Clemson needs more kids like this and tennis players are pretty boy loudmouths anyways haha

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 31, 2013, 9:28 PM

A sense a little too much testosterone and self richteousness and too little grey matter in many of these threads. If he now has his priorities in order and has a positive attitude, he should be given a chance to redeem himself and live a productive life. Trust that our coaches are good judges of character and support their decisions. Until then, passing judgement on Cayleb Jones without knowing the circumstances is just an exercise in passing gas.

Replies: 38
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic