Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Recruit Update: AJC: Why do other colleges keep recruiting Clemson QB commit Deshaun Watson?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 32
| visibility 1

Recruit Update: AJC: Why do other colleges keep recruiting Clemson QB commit Deshaun Watson?

May 17, 2013, 9:48 AM

AJC: Why do other colleges keep recruiting Clemson QB commit Deshaun Watson?

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Recruit Update: AJC: Why do other colleges keep recruiting Clemson QB commit Deshaun Watson?

May 17, 2013, 9:51 AM

Why doesnt the AJC find a Ga commit and report on him possiblly, maybe wavering? Why is it always a guy committed to Clemson? Pretty obvious and it's why I dont ever visit AJC links

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ahh...the Atlanta Urinal and Constipation is at it again...***

May 17, 2013, 10:35 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wish I was a professional troll

May 17, 2013, 10:49 AM

These articles are self-fulfilling prophecies.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

To bad he DID come out and say his recruitment is over

May 17, 2013, 11:03 AM

and I haven;t seen a report since where he's mentioned taking any visits.

So kindly go #### yourself AJC and all affiliated parties.

I basically just told Carvell that, though less direct.***

May 17, 2013, 11:31 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

On twitter or what?***

May 17, 2013, 11:36 AM

No. AJC comments on the article. Staying pertinent.***

May 17, 2013, 2:26 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh gotcha. Yea I refuse to click on any AJC links

May 17, 2013, 4:34 PM

so I'll take your word for it.

The article mentions he told the writer last month he might

May 17, 2013, 4:20 PM [ in reply to To bad he DID come out and say his recruitment is over ]

visits other schools. Whether he does or not, who knows, but he it sounds like he did leave that door open though when talking to the reporter.

Regardless, he's probably just using those as free trips to have some fun. Like any kid in his situation should do.

Carvell citing an old article rather than a more current AJC***

May 17, 2013, 7:15 PM

Oh ok. Probably not the best move on his part.***

May 17, 2013, 8:25 PM

He also said at one point he was 80% committed. He is just a

May 18, 2013, 12:40 AM [ in reply to To bad he DID come out and say his recruitment is over ]

kid. He is a good kid. Makes good grades, no drugs (unless you want to call ###### a drug), He is a leader and a very hard worker. He will do fine being surrounded by all those beautiful Clemson girls. He will do the work in the class room and be the hardest worker on the team. Then he will be getting tail. H won't have time to get in trouble, He will start as a true freshman because he is smart and will out work everyone. He played on a below average team last year. He had about 3 guys he could count on

Re: Recruit Update: AJC: Why do other colleges keep recruiting Clemson QB commit Deshaun Watson?

May 17, 2013, 11:03 AM

What a rag of a publication. It's sad that the newspaper industry is struggling so bad that this is what it's become.

It's the propaganda wing of the SEC! SEC! SEC! homeros.***

May 17, 2013, 11:33 AM

Re: It's the propaganda wing of the SEC! SEC! SEC! homeros.***

May 17, 2013, 12:15 PM

Carvell may have tried to get into Clemson academically and was rejected. Could have caused his hatred and revenge. Poor boy needs help.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It's the propaganda wing of the SEC! SEC! SEC! homeros.***

May 18, 2013, 12:06 AM [ in reply to It's the propaganda wing of the SEC! SEC! SEC! homeros.*** ]

AJC reporter is using Clemson's recruiting to sell more papers do to Clemson football program is on the rise. Targeting top tigers recruits for debatable info that will help him(ajc) pocketbook by way of possible espn & esecpn. It all about the rating and the dollar at all cost. Even if this kid heart and focus is set to do what best for his mother and her health issue. Golden story and Golden opportunity to gather info, sale the story, sale the papers, stirup the recruiting world, maybe to land a future job with espn or etc. Don't click, I felt bad for (RN) having to nationally defend his words, confused his mindset at such a young age while the world spectulate, critcized,teardown and defeat his attitude as well as his seventeen year old personality.

so update the "(last month)" article, #####!

May 17, 2013, 12:47 PM

because he has more recently said OUT LOUD - he has shut it down. Focused on taking his high school team to anther championship.

May 17, 2013, 4:37 PM

The truly sad part is: Carvell has been spot on TWICE so he's 2-0 on our recruits wavering. Let's hope lightning doesn't strike THRICE in the same spot.

In related news, Why does AJC keep beating the dead horse?***

May 17, 2013, 4:54 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 17, 2013, 5:41 PM

Why does Tnet continue to give that place page clicks? Makes no sense to me.

null

They were right on Nkemdiche when they kept saying

May 17, 2013, 8:12 PM

it wasn't over and eveyone on here said "nuuu uuuuu he says he is solid"

This kid will

May 17, 2013, 11:57 PM

get offers and pressure from coaches until he signs on the dotted line. Clemson cannot take anything for granted - we have to stay in the game.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This kid will

May 18, 2013, 12:07 AM

AMEN

You would have to screw up big to lose him. This not like...

May 18, 2013, 12:42 AM [ in reply to This kid will ]

that stud from Grayson. His brother was already at Ole Miss and Momma made him go there

May 18, 2013, 12:30 AM

Saban Meyer and other great Coaches request a visit come to the High School. What's Deshaun suppose to say to great Coaches like that. He is going to Clemson 98% chance

Re: They were right on Nkemdiche when they kept saying

May 18, 2013, 1:47 AM

It was Nkemdiche's mother who made him de-commit, so he really had no choice. Why else would he go to Ole Miss? He will never play in a BCS bowl down there.

Funny how everyone is so sensitive to this after Nkim...

May 12, 2017, 11:11 PM

But the fact is, in the last interview that I saw him in, he DID say that he would take visits "just in case"....

It aint over unitl we have his signed LOI. Saban and Meyer will keep on him.

Recruit Update: Why does Tigernet post AJC drivel

May 18, 2013, 8:25 AM

about Clemson recruits?

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Orange Googlers Unite

Save Tigernet--Boot the coots(you know who I mean).

This is why I have long supported the NCAA allowing

May 18, 2013, 8:31 AM

these recruits to sign with the schools immediately upon completion of their junior year after which there should be a hands-off policy from other schools. I'm afraid part of the problem, also, lies with the recruits and their families, for parents should want little, if any, distractions from their sons' ability to complete high school work satisfactorily. Thus, if a recruit claims to have made a decision, then his recruiting should be shut down by his parents and him, although I understand the novelty of attracting a volume of offers. And I do realize that we are dealing with teenagers, and that's why I have refrained from overt criticisms of their actions.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agreed. That indeed would be in the best interest of the kid***

May 18, 2013, 9:27 AM

Why can't AJC leave Clemson recruits alone? I don't see....

May 18, 2013, 9:25 AM

any articles of this sort about other school's verbal commitments. What do they have against Clemson?

Carvell Still May Be At It.

May 20, 2013, 2:53 PM

How do we know Carvell isn't trying to cover his tracks by getting another reporter, from the same paper to report on and sway Clemson recruits away, because he knows and has read that Clemson Nation is on to him? So he gets a decoy from the AJC, to do all the reporting while he is doing something else sneaky to lure away top recruits from Clemson.

Replies: 32
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic