Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dawgs on their board saying
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 49
| visibility 4,428

Dawgs on their board saying

Apr 30, 2013, 11:16 PM

"We are glad we are the underdog, we will show the world we can kill these tiggers" blah blah blah. Shut up with your virgin defense.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dawgs on their board saying

Apr 30, 2013, 11:25 PM

Hahah bout to be prom night for that D on Aug 31st.

Re: Re: Dawgs on their board saying

May 1, 2013, 12:24 AM

Without a doubt the greatest comment I've ever seen on tigernet

Re: Re: Re: Dawgs on their board saying

May 1, 2013, 1:14 AM

Thank you sir

May 1, 2013, 1:45 AM

With you being a very new member to this board kind of make's me believe that you are one of those dogs that are Tiger killers. If y'all do beat us with that (as you call it) virgin defense. Y'all are some bad boyzs!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 1, 2013, 2:47 AM

Yeah im a leg humper with a 100% tiger pulse and all of my other posts are about Clemson and this is my first post concerning UGAy.

Exactly what "they" are saying ...

May 1, 2013, 6:43 AM

Bill O'Reilly would not be happy!

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=135&f=1073&t=11508559

Torched for the very first time?***

May 1, 2013, 6:54 AM

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No different than you saying you are going to beat us.

May 1, 2013, 7:54 AM

Both defenses have huge ?. I can't wait to see Murray and Gurley shred that vaunted tiger defense. Haha.

Do enlighten us as to the questions we have on D.

May 1, 2013, 8:07 AM

Apparently, you know something I don't.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Yes. please tell us.... do you mean...

May 1, 2013, 2:20 PM

The loss of Goodman, the overall most underachieving starting DE end we've ever had? Or do you mean the two Senior Safeties we had graduate that couldn't cover for the life of them?

Well they weren't very good last year.

May 1, 2013, 8:11 AM

What makes you think that they would be good this year? Same unit right?

Re: Well they weren't very good last year.

May 1, 2013, 8:29 AM

If this is in reply to my request for enlightenment, your response is about as misinformed as I expected. Our D grew up throughout the season, especially up front. If you think we're going to put the "same unit" on the field, you're going to be shocked and awed.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Well they weren't very good last year.

May 1, 2013, 8:36 AM [ in reply to Well they weren't very good last year. ]

Wrong....add in a 5 star recruit to the backfield mix, along with another 4 star, and a unit that if you watch the game againt that vaulted LSU in the mighty SEC of yours, you'd hear all through the game it was our Defense that controlled that game....and just to think, they'll be even better then that when they play GA...where as GA will have so fresh of one to stop the same offense that left Montgomery, Mingo, and several others laying on their backs by 4th quarter. ^_^

Ok, that's about what I would expect a group of fans to say

May 1, 2013, 8:19 AM

on their own message board.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

which group? the classic underachievers?***

May 1, 2013, 8:32 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is that not the epitome of Mark Richt and his Dawgs?***

May 1, 2013, 8:35 AM

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Dude they didn't even finish in the top 50***

May 1, 2013, 8:31 AM

How much could they have grown up?***

May 1, 2013, 8:31 AM

At least we know how to spike a ball***

May 1, 2013, 8:32 AM

Re: At least we know how to spike a ball***

May 1, 2013, 2:40 PM

We all know how to spike a ball

Re: How much could they have grown up?***

May 1, 2013, 8:53 AM [ in reply to How much could they have grown up?*** ]

I don't know why I'm bothering to answer, but just compare the first half of the season with the second half and you'll have your answer. Our only real issue on D last year was the number of explosive plays we gave up. Time after time, we'd get a team in a third-and-long situation only to give up the first down. That problem was not near as big an issue later in the season. I point to a secondary decimated by injury and the lack of pass rush early last season. The pass rush got much better (ask Mettenderper) and the secondary will be healthy and more talented this time around.

We didn't finish in the top 50 in defense? LOL. Did you bother checking to see how much we improved? Of course not.

May 1, 2013, 8:33 AM

I'm sure you do bud.

May 1, 2013, 8:35 AM

especially if it was against bama with time running out.

May 1, 2013, 8:39 AM

Saying we should have spiked the ball shows how little you know.

And you would have been destroyed by Bama last season

May 1, 2013, 8:40 AM

You made a account just to say that? Did I get under your skin that much?

Re: Re: Well they weren't very good last year.

May 1, 2013, 8:40 AM

You mean that LSU team that was highly in motivated, had a bad offense, and almost lost to Auburn?

Re: Re: Well they weren't very good last year.

May 1, 2013, 8:41 AM

LSU would have destroyed you last year

And there it is: the LSU didn't want to be there argument.

May 1, 2013, 8:58 AM [ in reply to Re: Re: Well they weren't very good last year. ]

You $ECheat homers are pathetic.

You mean the same LSU

May 1, 2013, 2:17 PM [ in reply to Re: Re: Well they weren't very good last year. ]

that made Carolina look like a high school team, almost beat Alabama, and played in the national championship last year?

Wait so your freshmen are going to be studs

May 1, 2013, 8:43 AM

But ours won't? We have several 5 stars and 4 stars on the defense, but I'm not going to predict anything until I see them play. I like your logic though.

Re: Wait so your freshmen are going to be studs

May 1, 2013, 8:44 AM

You have 7 new starters on defense right? Too bad they have to play their first game against one of the best offenses int eh country.

Re: Re: Re: Well they weren't very good last year.

May 1, 2013, 8:43 AM

Ha ha ha ok bro

I've already acknowlede***

May 1, 2013, 8:46 AM

Re: I've already acknowlede***

May 1, 2013, 8:49 AM

My bad. My fingers are too big for my phone. I've already acknowledged that our defense is going to be young. I wasn't defending that. You're the one trying to make an argument for your defense.

Re: I've already acknowlede***

May 1, 2013, 8:55 AM

It's not really an agruement from anyone on our defense...the basic thing is our defense was weak in the secondary...not the whole defense, mainy just the secondary (and slight issues with the pass rush here and there).

We've plugged those secondary holes with some new recruits (one of them being the #4 overall recruit of 2013, Mackenzie Alexander) and some guys that are stepping up better than last year (at least by reports during spring practice). For me, just saying I wouldn't be holding out high hopes that our defense will be like early last years....it's more likely to be like the defense that played LSU or better.

Going to be hard to kill anything when your entire D

May 1, 2013, 8:50 AM

Is laying on the field cramping come the middle of the 3rd... Poor guys, almost feel sorry for them.

I see you guys using that cramping argument alot.

May 1, 2013, 8:53 AM

We are well conditioned and s.c. heat is no different than georgia heat so find a new argument.

My point is this.

May 1, 2013, 8:57 AM

You have nothing, but speculation about your defense. Same as ours. You can't prove that you will be better, but they may. At this point it is all just personal opinon. By the way Mettenberger is horrible.

Wrong again, buttbreath. Do you not realize we return

May 1, 2013, 9:02 AM

practically the whole front seven and get back our veteran corners? We're not "speculating" about a brand new unit.

Re: Do enlighten us as to the questions we have on D.

May 1, 2013, 8:57 AM

Secondary.... Specifically corner back

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

May 1, 2013, 9:00 AM

I knew you would weigh in with that very comment. If you don't know why our secondary was weak last year and why it will be much improved this year, you don't know your anus from a knot in a tree.

May 1, 2013, 9:07 AM [ in reply to Re: Do enlighten us as to the questions we have on D. ]

season-long injuries and lack of depth explain that one. This year, read up...now have depth bult that wasn't there last year, new recruits (which yes are questionable till summer), all injured players are beack to full health, and several defensive guys being moved back to their natural and better spots. Just saying.

It doesn't matter if you return every player

May 1, 2013, 9:05 AM

If they aren't good. Are you guys going to make chicken salad out of chicken crap? My comments were honest and fair. I'm sorry you can't handle the truth.

Riiiiiiiight. Our defense sucks. Gotcha.

May 1, 2013, 9:15 AM

Shock and awe headed your way, SocialButtsniffer09.

Re: Re: Do enlighten us as to the questions we have on D.

May 1, 2013, 9:06 AM

We are thin at cb. Do you deny that?

Re: Re: Do enlighten us as to the questions we have on D.

May 1, 2013, 9:13 AM

As long as Darius and Jenkins are healthy, then yes, I definitely deny that. We have such an influx of talent coming in our problem--if, indeed we have a problem at CB--will be inexperience. Alexander and Baker will push the guys we have. Alexander just may be the Sammy Watkins of this class.

Re: Riiiiiiiight. Our defense sucks. Gotcha.

May 1, 2013, 9:20 AM

Well you haven't exactly proven that it doesn't so. By the way corner back is the hardest skill position in football. It's nothing like playing wr. So while Alexander will probally be a great player, I doubt he will come in as a freshman and shut ppl down right away.

Re: Re: Re: Do enlighten us as to the questions we have on D.

May 1, 2013, 9:23 AM

Lets hope so on Alexander. We should be much improved, but one injury at cb..... Could put us right back into giving up large plays.... We are lacking experienced depth at cb.
I expect this game to be a barn burner....JawJa will field a solid team and so will we. It'll come down to who coughs up the ball the least

Re: Re: Re: Do enlighten us as to the questions we have on D.

May 1, 2013, 9:30 AM

I expect Alexander and Baker both to avoid a redshirt. Blanks did a decent job last season playing out of his natural position. With him at safety Robinson, Jenkins, Alexander and Baker at corner, I have confidence in our secondary.

I agree UGAy will score points. I expect them to put up in the neighborhood of 28-31. I also expect the score to be very close until some time in the 3rd. I do not think they can match our offense, however. We'll be able to score at will in the 4th. I'm looking for a relatively high-scoring game, maybe 45-31 Tigers. It will be our D which will get the critical stops.

Replies: 49
| visibility 4,428
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic