Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Recruit Update: Jeb Blazevich commits to Georgia
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 67
| visibility 1

Recruit Update: Jeb Blazevich commits to Georgia

Apr 23, 2013, 4:52 PM

Jeb Blazevich commits to Georgia

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Milan

Apr 23, 2013, 4:54 PM

Come on down.

Re: Milan

Apr 23, 2013, 4:58 PM

Yep, would love to get Milan.

Jeb says it basically was God leading him to Georgia.

Jeb is a good kid. Wish we could have landed him.

Not sure how he is gonna like all those violations and suspensions his fellow teammates are going to be involved in.

Based on his 3 legged requirement, seemed like Clemson would had been the perfect fit.

Seems like I remember hearing about somebody else going

Apr 23, 2013, 5:23 PM

down to Georgia. I guess he picked up Jeb along the way. One more gone astray.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"You ask, what is our aim? I can answer in one word: Victory. Victory at all costs—Victory in spite of all terror—Victory, however long and hard the road may be..." - Winston Churchill

Re: Seems like I remember hearing about somebody else going

Apr 23, 2013, 10:20 PM

I just think that if they felt that Morris was going to be around for them, they would be coming to Clemson. And I would bet all offensive and HC's are telling our targets just that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 24, 2013, 1:59 PM [ in reply to Re: Milan ]

Agree. He may be getting a stool with about a leg and a half, but good luck to him.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Recruit Update: Jeb Blazevich commits to Georgia

Apr 23, 2013, 4:55 PM

"He said he wanted a 3-legged school - heach coach with high character, great academic support staff and spirtual aspect."

Hmmm - what other school could possibly fit that profile?

Apr 24, 2013, 2:01 PM

I would bet we fit it better than they. Good luck to him, though.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Micheal Palmer, D. Allen, D. Ford

Apr 23, 2013, 4:56 PM

Why would an elite TE not want to come and play for our offense? Someone please get Pearman out of the NC area in terms of recruiting. He's killing us, let Reed do it he has the ties and the connections. It's unacceptable to lose out on North and then JB in consecutive years.

Re: Micheal Palmer, D. Allen, D. Ford

Apr 23, 2013, 10:28 PM

I don't think it's all on Pearman. I think and believe that it's Morris interviewing for 3 different Jobs before our bowl game. And offensive recruits don't think Morris will be at Clemson when they get to Clemson.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It might not be all Pearman

Apr 24, 2013, 10:09 AM

but please name any big recruit other than Hopper (who has been a Clemson fan his whole life) that Pearman has managed to pull out of the Charlotte area.

The fact that he didn't talk to Elijah Hood for over a month is reason enough to have him reassigned in my book.

Apr 24, 2013, 2:04 PM [ in reply to Re: Micheal Palmer, D. Allen, D. Ford ]

Question. I wonder if recruits think it's a good thing to be going to a program where the coaching staff members are not being sought by other programs?

Apr 26, 2013, 12:02 PM

Being sought after and actually interviewing for all the sought after's are two different things. I love that Morris has our offense moving right along. What I don't like is not knowing how long is he going to be all in with Clemson. And I hope that he will give Dabo fair enough warning to have someone that can take over and keep us moving forward without a slow down.

Apr 28, 2013, 8:27 PM

Let me clarify for you. He will be at Clemson until he gets an offer that he feels is a better opportunity for himself and for his family. He is a very motivated man, and he wants to surround himself with others who have that same drive and desire for excellence. Chad Morris will be a head coach for a great BCS program in time, probably in a short time. I hope he gets his dream! Dabo doesn't want anybody on his staff who doesn't want the absolute best for himself and for his family. If we keep getting Coordinators and Assistants who are being highly sought after, we will be a great program. We will fill the vacancies with capable replacements, each of whom will add to the success of our program. If you want a coaching staff that isn't wanted by other programs, you need to rethink your position, IMO.

Jeb is a great kid and we had him locked up...

Apr 23, 2013, 4:57 PM

... and then Jordan comes along and blows everyone's mind with how well he has done. Jeb won't be sitting on the bench in Athens and did not want to do it at Clemson either, but every coaches interview after spring practice went on and on about how Jordan was having a great camp, and then he really backed it up and showed out during the orange-white game. Tough for us to lose Jeb because he is a class guy, but we are lucky to have gotten a kid who would have kept Jeb on the bench. Good luck to them both!

We play two TEs so much, I'd guess having Leggett

Apr 23, 2013, 5:25 PM

didn't have any impact at all. UGA, remember has freshman TE Rome.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We play two TEs so much, I'd guess having Leggett

Apr 23, 2013, 5:44 PM

we're losing too many of our legacies, especially the good ones: Jay Rome, Terence Smith, Kenny Flowers Jr... and we could count Blazevich b/c of him having a brother on campus right NOW??? wow, we have got to stop shooting ourselves in the foot with guys that we can bag. if we had moved early on Alvin Kamara instead of David Kamara, we wouldn't be lamenting Dalvin Cook decommitting... we're doing pretty good in recruiting but we really could be excelling if we could nail down guys like this, Adams, Lawson, North and Robinson...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Isn't Rome a sophmore next season.

Apr 23, 2013, 8:46 PM [ in reply to We play two TEs so much, I'd guess having Leggett ]

Didn't he play some this year?

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Isn't Rome a sophmorer next season.

Apr 23, 2013, 9:03 PM

yes and yes

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wrong, wrong, wrong!

Apr 24, 2013, 10:01 AM [ in reply to Jeb is a great kid and we had him locked up... ]

we lost him because we did a lousy job recruiting him. Pearman is a terrible recruiter (although an excellent position coach) and continues to cost us quality players in this key area. Leggett had nothing to do with it. UGA has boatloads of talent at TE and an offense that doesn't use them nearly as much as we do.

Jeb and Hood are two HUGE losses squarely on the back of Pearman. Maybe now Dabo will put Reed over in Charlotte before UNC and UT start grabbing all the best players. VT has a new recruiter covering this area too who does a great job. We need to do MUCH better in the Charlotte area and unless a change is made, we won't.

This is simply pathetic.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgtbn_110.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Wrong, wrong, wrong!

Apr 29, 2013, 5:20 AM

Not out best recruiter, but certainly not striking out. If I were to offer criticism it would be for his special teams units. What he has for Clemson in developing out TE's and Tackles has been a huge part of our recent success and I would not be calling for his head just yet. Jeb was hardly a must get player considering what we have on Campus.

Maverick Morris

OL

Douglas, GA

Coffee County

6'5"/290

3 stars

Danny Pearman, Chad Morris

Isaiah Battle

OL

Fork Union, VA

Fork Union Military Academy

6'7"/265

4 stars

Andre Powell, Danny Pearman

Kevin Dodd

DT

Chatham, VA

Hargrave Military Academy

6'5"/277

4 stars

Andre Powell, Jeff Scott, Danny Pearman

Germone Hopper

WR

Charlotte, NC

Phillip O Berry Acad Of Tech

6'0"/165/4.5

4 stars

Danny Pearman

Bradley Pinion

K

Concord, NC

Northwest Cabarrus

6'5"/220

3 stars

Dan Brooks, Danny Pearman

Isaiah Battle

OL

St George, VA

Blue Ridge

6'7"/260/4.9

3 stars

Danny Pearman

Jerome Maybank

DT

Pawley's Island, SC

Waccamaw

6'4"/335/NA

2 stars

Danny Pearman

Morgan Roberts

QB

Charlotte, NC

Country Day

6'4"/208/4.7

3 stars

Danny Pearman

Colton Walls

LB

Charlotte, NC

Latin

6'1"/215/NA

2 stars

Danny Pearman

Josh Watson

DT

Chatham, VA

Hargrave Military Academy

6'3"/285/NA

4 stars

Danny Pearman

Tajh Boyd

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Have you seen UGAs depth chart?

Apr 24, 2013, 12:34 PM [ in reply to Jeb is a great kid and we had him locked up... ]

Here's the list of TEs Georgia will have on their roster when Blazevich enrolls. I removed the guys who are seniors going into this season. I know Jay Rome and Ty Flournoy-Smith were both pretty big recruits.

85 Geoff Rapp TE RS SO 6-3 230 Kennesaw, Ga./North Cobb/Georgia Perimeter College
89 Cole Trolinger TE RS FR 6-5 230 Newnan, Ga./East Coweta
41 Jared Chapple TE RS FR 6-4 218 Alpharetta, Ga./Greater Atlanta Christian
83 Jack Loonam TE RS SO 6-0 216 Lexington, S.C./Lexington
Jordan Davis TE 6-4 225 Thomson, Ga./Thomson HS
87 Jay Rome TE RS SO 6-6 265 Valdosta, Ga./Valdosta

84 Hugh Williams TE JR 6-5 241 Atlanta, Ga./Marist

80 Ty Flournoy-Smith TE SO 6-3 237 Moultrie, Ga./Colquitt County HS

Re: Jeb is a great kid and we had him locked up...

Apr 24, 2013, 2:09 PM [ in reply to Jeb is a great kid and we had him locked up... ]

My thoughts, too. We have a great future TE in house, and he showed his potential in the Spring game in great fashion.

No suspensions this year my good sir***

Apr 23, 2013, 5:01 PM

day ain't over, yet.***

Apr 23, 2013, 5:14 PM

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: No suspensions this year my good sir***

Apr 24, 2013, 7:18 PM [ in reply to No suspensions this year my good sir*** ]

Has MR relaxed the expectations that much? Sounds a lot like spurrier, if that's true.

Apr 23, 2013, 5:01 PM

In all seriousness, Pearman needs to be relocated now as far as recruiting. #pearmanproblems

Apr 23, 2013, 5:03 PM

Got to admit, when he spoke of God and being close to home I thought we had him.

Re: Big week for UGA

Apr 23, 2013, 5:07 PM

so glad he committed now we just need Sony to commit

Sony? The TV or the

Apr 23, 2013, 5:09 PM

Playstation?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Sony and Cher.***

Apr 23, 2013, 5:15 PM

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: Sony? The TV or the

Apr 23, 2013, 5:24 PM [ in reply to Sony? The TV or the ]

Sony (playstation) Michel

5 star running back
Between UGA, Miami, Notre Dame, Florida State and Florida.

Apr 23, 2013, 8:29 PM

Well good why dont you talk about it on your own board where someone will give a ####.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Apr 23, 2013, 11:15 PM [ in reply to Re: Sony? The TV or the ]

He's a Miami guy through and through. Sony will be a Cane.

Sony Beach.

Apr 23, 2013, 11:22 PM [ in reply to Re: Sony? The TV or the ]

It's what the THUGA fans will say when he goes to Miami and THUGA gets their @$$ handed to them again on signing day.

Dude, get the h3ll outta here

Apr 23, 2013, 6:29 PM [ in reply to Re: Big week for UGA ]

and I mean that in the nicest way. If you want to talk about your recruits, go to your own message board

Apr 23, 2013, 9:14 PM [ in reply to Re: Big week for UGA ]

Wish sony would commit too. Thats our only shot at chubb. UGA probably gets both but chubb does seem to be listening to our pitch of being the only back we take. Long shot still but would even the odds some.

Apr 23, 2013, 9:15 PM

uh we dont give a #### if you already did not get that.

Crump, B-Meist...do you see what is happening here?

Apr 23, 2013, 11:18 PM [ in reply to Re: Big week for UGA ]

a coot and a leghumper are talking about their own SEC recruits and acting like we give a crap.

Can you all create a ghey board so the gameCOCK lover and the leghumpers can get together and chit chat?

Thanks in advance.

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Apr 23, 2013, 5:17 PM

Hate to lose him to UGa not because I dislike Georgia but because I know Micheal "I'm a f'n dumb ###" Carvell will somehow spin this into a negative for Clemson and how Georgia actually won all of Alabama's national champioships the past couple years even though they didn't play in the game...

Apr 23, 2013, 5:19 PM

Strong chance he ends up at uga as well.

No chance now***

Apr 23, 2013, 6:29 PM

Re: Re: Milan

Apr 23, 2013, 5:39 PM

Lol, right.

Re: Re: Re: Milan

Apr 23, 2013, 5:44 PM

If he truly wants to play for uga he has a spot regardless of who else we took.

Good luck against the coots.

Apr 23, 2013, 7:49 PM

The rest of the year, I won't give you another thought.

"The rock has strange powers. When you rub it, and run down the hill, the adrenaline flows. It’s the most emotional experience I’ve ever had." -Michael Dean Perry

"If you don't like Clemson, something is wrong with YOU." -Dabo Swinney

Anybody can go to UGay...

Apr 23, 2013, 7:55 PM

Why they would still puzzles me...

Re: No suspensions this year my good sir***

Apr 23, 2013, 8:00 PM

Yet....

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We Too Deep at TE For Blazevich***

Apr 23, 2013, 8:04 PM

I wonder which part of the 3 legged stool Clemson did not

Apr 23, 2013, 9:10 PM

meet

ez come ez go ... good luck Blaze ... so moving on

Apr 23, 2013, 9:19 PM

Jordan Leggett is the man!

Kid could have had.....

Apr 23, 2013, 9:57 PM

Chad Kelly and Deshaun throwing him the ball....

I don't know exactly why, but I have a feeling,

Apr 23, 2013, 10:11 PM

a premonition if you will, that this decision will end up being the biggest mistake of his life.

Don't know why, but I don't think it's going to turn out well for him.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Apr 23, 2013, 11:17 PM

Cannon Smith is committed to Clemson and he is higher rated by all sites. With him and Leggett we should be fine. I'd still like to see us take one more guy just for depth reasons though.

Apr 24, 2013, 12:29 AM

I don't see why people believe this is a big deal. He appears to be a good player but we have not lacked talent at the TE position in a long time and we currently do not lack talent at the TE position. I think he will be good but not Dwayne Allen good.

Herschel Walker's nephew would be very nice; maybe Jeb's commitment to GA will help sway him.

Re: But We Know Jordan Legget is Much Better :)***

Apr 24, 2013, 4:53 AM

You just got out recruited.

Apr 24, 2013, 8:14 AM

It happens to every school. No reason to make excuses.

Happens to us a lot in Charlotte***

Apr 24, 2013, 10:20 AM

Why the fuss??

Apr 24, 2013, 3:15 PM

We have Leggett and Richard probably on the way!

Leg the Dawg "have his day", and move on already!!

Clemson is fine!!

Go Tigers!!

Milan Richards***

Apr 24, 2013, 3:16 PM

Re: Milan Richards***

Apr 24, 2013, 3:17 PM

Will be a dawg as well.

Thanks. You've already told us once...and we didn't care

Apr 24, 2013, 3:19 PM

the first time either.

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=13834885

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Re: Re: Milan Richards***

Apr 24, 2013, 3:22 PM

Get over yourself Mutt!!

One recruit does NOT suddenly make Athens frickin Jawja an elite destination.

1. Last cycle - you got shut out on elite talent. Your targets WE GOT= Alexander, Crowder, Dye, Boulware, etc.

2. THIS Cycle we will get the Nations #1 QB right out of your backyard, and others will follow his lead, so

Go bark on your own boards Mutt!

GO TIGERS!!

Re: Re: Re: Milan Richards***

Apr 24, 2013, 3:27 PM

Never said anything about athens being a destination spot. Just said that Richards will be a dawg. It's lineage.

Jeb was one of those

Apr 24, 2013, 5:13 PM

Got to play in the SEC kids. We will be fine. Just hope Cannon doesn't turn on us too and go to Bama. Good luck to Jeb, hope he is successful.

Re: Cannon is a.... .

Apr 24, 2013, 11:08 PM

Legacy and would be dis-owned by his Dad if he went somewhere else besides Clemson.

I wonder if the Perry brothers have any sons or nephews who play football.

Has MR relaxed expectations

Apr 25, 2013, 8:21 AM

No we've just been recruiting kids with higher character these days.

Apr 26, 2013, 11:37 AM

Jeb looks like he would be to old for playing in college. What is he 27 or 28 in HS!!!

Apr 28, 2013, 11:53 PM

I guessed he was going engineering like his brother. Georgia has added a few more engineering programs but they are basically in startup mode. Maybe after he seriously looks at the academic side.

Replies: 67
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic