Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson to play Ohio State in 2017
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 2,832

Clemson to play Ohio State in 2017

Jan 9, 2013, 1:46 PM

Been hearing tons of rumors regarding Clemson playing Ohio State for 2017 Kickoff classic in Nashville, Tennessee. Both schools are about 370 miles from Nashville. Are there any truth to the rumors? Or maybe a possible home/away with Ohio State?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Haven't heard that but it would be great. I posted yesterday

Jan 9, 2013, 1:48 PM

about how we need to continue to schedule an OOC powerhouse every year to have a chance of getting into the 4 team playoff.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Haven't heard that but it would be great. I posted yesterday

Jan 9, 2013, 2:09 PM

I'm not sure that's true, but without a really strong schedule, we probably need to go undefeated to make a 4 team playoff. Had we done so this year, we would have made a 4 team playoff.

We were 10th prior to the FSU game and they were 4th. A win would likely have moved us up at least one spot, but likely into the top 6. Prior to the FSU loss, Clemson was ahead of ND in the polls. That may or may not have continued through the season, but I see no way that an undefeated CU is ranked 5th or worse in the final poll. Our competition for those spots would be an undefeated ND, who likely gets in, a one loss Alabama, who may or may not have been rated ahead of Clemson, but would have been in the top 4, a 2 loss UGa team who got blown out by the #####, a team Clemson would have beaten, a one loss Fla team (tougher competition, but not a league champion, which is a factor), 1 loss Oregon (tough competition, but again, not a league champion), 1 loss K State who won their league, but got blown out by Baylor, 2 loss Stanford, 2 loss LSU, or 2 loss Texas A&M.

I really think that whether we play 1 or 2 tough out of conference teams every year, we can only make a 4 team playoff if we run the table. I suppose it's possible that we could lose to FSU on the road early after an emotional win over a national power like tOSU, and then run the table and still make it in, but that's a long shot.

I still can't figure out if Clemson is actually playing

Jan 9, 2013, 1:49 PM

Kent St. next year.

No they're not. Dropped them when ACC changed to 9 game

Jan 9, 2013, 1:50 PM

conference schedule. When it was changed back to 8 games, Kent had already filled that slot.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Someone should tell TigerNet:

Jan 9, 2013, 1:51 PM

http://www.tigernet.com/view/future_schedules/football.do

i believe the Citadel game

Jan 9, 2013, 1:52 PM

is now the week before the Carolina game as well

link?

Jan 9, 2013, 1:52 PM [ in reply to No they're not. Dropped them when ACC changed to 9 game ]

been trying to find that, but everything i've seen still says we're playing them, including Sammich

I wonder if Urban had something to do with this

Jan 9, 2013, 1:54 PM

If the OSU rumor is true, I would have to think Urban enjoyed his visit to DEATH VALLEY so much a couple years back maybe he talked to his AD and had something set up.

I would love to see that match up

I believe this one is the most up-to-date

Jan 9, 2013, 2:03 PM [ in reply to link? ]

http://www.fbschedules.com/ncaa-13/acc/2013-clemson-tigers-football-schedule.php

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

How are they already selling Clemson vs. So. Carolina

Jan 9, 2013, 2:12 PM

tickets?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 2,832
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic