Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Clemson 2014 commit Jae'lon Oglesby shatters 39-year old record Friday night
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Clemson 2014 commit Jae'lon Oglesby shatters 39-year old record Friday night

Oct 27, 2012, 10:31 AM

Clemson 2014 commit Jae'lon Oglesby shatters 39-year old record Friday night

Jae'lon Oglesby, a 2014 Clemson running back commitment, ran for 385 yards on 23 carries in Daniel's 35-7 win Friday night. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Front Page Story: Clemson 2014 commit Jae'lon Oglesby shatters 39-year old record Friday night

Oct 27, 2012, 11:00 AM

Get this kid - and his o-line in Clemson orange!

Df back had 396

Oct 27, 2012, 11:12 AM

You might want to check because I think Dutch fork running back had 396 last night against Lexington to set new state record

Think it was his high school record only...***

Oct 27, 2012, 11:41 AM

The article CLEARLY stated it was a SCHOOL record.***

Oct 27, 2012, 6:01 PM [ in reply to Df back had 396 ]

Is this the kid that early in the season played the kid in

Oct 27, 2012, 1:01 PM

Easley that is really good too and both had huge nights running the ball?

Re: Is this the kid that early in the season played the kid in

Oct 27, 2012, 1:28 PM

Yes. Jae'lon and CJ Fuller faced each other in the season opener. Both kids are exceptional talents and just plain fun to watch! If CJ decides to wear Orange too....well I think even ESPN we would have to say we have SEC speed! ;)

Thoughts so, thanks. Wow. Two great backs a stones

Oct 27, 2012, 6:00 PM

throw from Clemson. How do they rank in their class for SC recruits? Are they seen as big time recruits? I don't follow recruiting as closely as some on here and being from the Lowcountry I only hear about upstate kids on here.

Re: The kid from Daniels has already committed to CU,

Oct 27, 2012, 6:03 PM

therefore, he won't be ranked or a the very least, very low.

I knew we had offered both and both are CU fans and the

Oct 27, 2012, 6:19 PM

Daniel kid was already committed, and it sounds like the Easley kid will come our way too. Both are Juniors according to Tnet articles I saw.

Thanks for your info.

Does anyone know where they are ranked among SC kids for 2014 and how they are seen nationally per Scout and Rivals?

My big concern is still the OL. I see for 2013 we currently only have 1 OL commit. This has been our main problem post Ford and the reason for our inconsistency. We either do not think OL is an issue b/c we don't value it or we do not have people that know how to fix it. This is beyond frustrating. And of course our DL and defense in general are still light years away from the trademark Clemson defenses of the late 70s thru early 90s.

They are both 3 star recruits.

Oct 27, 2012, 10:51 PM

This will probably change in the off season after they get to camps and show off a bit. I would say they are both top 50 RB in the country. I think Dabo is recruiting Fuller as an ATH and he will probably be a DB/Safety.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I knew we had offered both and both are CU fans and the

Oct 28, 2012, 8:58 AM [ in reply to I knew we had offered both and both are CU fans and the ]

recruiting O-line kids is very difficult. Talent doesn't show through so well, as with a RB or WR. You teach fundamentals and technique and then hope the talent backs it up. This hard to predict, though, as a kid grows into his body and talent level. We have 16 scholarship O-linemen, not counting TE's or long snappers(this is directly off the home page). That's quite a few. I would use Mr. Spencer Region as an example. Kid is massive, comes from a good football school, and was very highly recruited. But a big body (he was almost 400 lbs) doesn't mean you are a good lineman. i am sure he will get to where he needs to be, but recruiting O-linemen can be frustrating for the coaches. And with 16 scholarship players, we won't be going for many more

There for both

Oct 27, 2012, 7:40 PM

Proud to say I attended both games the records were set and broken. First as a player in '73 when Millard Dawson set the record and last night when Jae'lon set the new standard. Both performances were unbelievable and both came against the Seneca Bobcats.

Clemson 2014 commit Jae'lon Oglesby most exciting recruit

Nov 20, 2012, 1:53 PM

This kid gives me goose bumps! He could be the next Spiller! I wish this kid could be a Tiger in 2013! What a potential stud Daniel High has once again "piped" into Clemson! I cannot wait to see this kid!

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Memory serves me that it was "Millard" Dawson

Nov 20, 2012, 2:49 PM

I saw him play.

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic