Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Update: WSJ: College Football's Grid of Shame
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

Football Update: WSJ: College Football's Grid of Shame

Aug 30, 2012, 3:32 PM

WSJ: College Football's Grid of Shame

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Football Update: WSJ: College Football's Grid of Shame

Aug 30, 2012, 3:39 PM

The fact that UGA is up in the Admiral section proves this graph is complete BS....

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep.

Aug 30, 2012, 3:45 PM

Some of the WSJ press should show up for a game in Athens with the opponent's logos on their cars.

They'll learn how admirable Thuga fans are after their car is keyed and pooped on.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is this a joke?***

Aug 30, 2012, 3:53 PM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Is this a joke?***

Aug 30, 2012, 3:55 PM

No.

UGA fans are the most classless out there.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So... Let me get this straight...

Aug 30, 2012, 3:58 PM [ in reply to Is this a joke?*** ]

We're near the top of the APR rankings and we've had exactly one arrest this year? How is that embarrassing?

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

not even doing any research i can think of a star RB

Aug 30, 2012, 4:05 PM

getting kicked off and I can think of a bar fight a couple years ago where football players almost killed a non player.

So at MINIMUM I would think UGA is at the same admirable as Clemson, if not lower. At the bottom? NO, but thats not the point. The point is you were to high (or others were to low)

was the first thing that stood out to me

Aug 30, 2012, 4:02 PM [ in reply to Re: Football Update: WSJ: College Football's Grid of Shame ]

among other things.

in general i think there were more flaws along the admirable axis then the powerhouse axis, but both had issues.

That is beyond ridiculous.

Aug 30, 2012, 4:39 PM

"The shame scale takes into account a variety of factors, from NCAA rules-related scandals and player misbehavior to academic performance and financial state."

We have the current Bobby Dodd coach of the Year. "The Bobby Dodd Coach of the Year Award is an annual college football award given to the Division I Football Bowl Subdivision head coach whose team excels on the field, in the classroom, and in the community. "
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bobby_Dodd_Coach_of_the_Year_Award)

"[T]he Clemson football program has been honored by the American Football Coaches Association (AFCA) for its Graduation Success Rate (GSR). Coach Swinney’s program is one of the top institutions nationally with a GSR of at least 75 percent. This marks the fourth time that Clemson has achieved this academic recognition." (http://www.bobbydoddfoundation.com/pastwinners2.html)

One of our players is a war veteran being featured on national television.

We haven't had a major violation in decades. Literally decades.

Our fans are constantly praised for being friendly to guests, our atmosphere is constantly praised as one of the best in college football.

Recruits constantly talk about the family atmosphere.

I'm not sure why Financials are important, but Clemson is fine financially.

So we fall below the "admirable" line because one player got caught with some weed in his car? That is especially absurd when you consider that he is a star on the team and we still had the fortitude to suspend him for two games, one against a national powerhouse SEC team.

Our academic performance is beyond reproach. Our rules-adherence is beyond reproach. Our financials are solid. And by-and-large our players conduct themselves admirably, and when they don't it is addressed.

Come on.

null

Coots and Arky almost overlap ... does Superior

Aug 31, 2012, 7:19 AM

have a motorbike?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I can't imagine why anyone would buy the WSJ for

Aug 30, 2012, 5:01 PM

sports news in the first place. Regardless, I automatically discount charts like these as being too subjective.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: That is beyond ridiculous.

Aug 31, 2012, 9:52 AM

I was so mad that I wrote a Letter to the Editor. I hope you don't mind that I stole shamelessly from your post.

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic