Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Morris expects offense to be better in 2012
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 2,183

Front Page Story: Morris expects offense to be better in 2012

Jul 17, 2012, 4:40 PM

Morris expects offense to be better in 2012

The Clemson offense set multiple records a season ago, ending the season by being ranked 16th in the country with 6,171 yards of total offense, but Chad Morris said he wants even more this season. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Front Page Story: Morris expects offense to be better in 2012

Jul 17, 2012, 4:57 PM

I think that the offense will be better even with the departure of veteran OL's. The question is.......How about that defense??? We let far to many mediocre teams run up and down the field against us. Watching the rerun of the Maryland game and NCSU game made me sick and I ain't even talking about the OB! Is Venables the answer? I think that he is .. given the time.

Jul 17, 2012, 5:02 PM

I am thinking that the new 'pistol' will take away some of the responsibilities of the OL as far as blocking is concerned. Sometimes you just have to hide your weak areas. Having a big, bruising back will help and I am not sure that we have that yet. Obviously Andre must stay 100% for the year. That concerns me deeply!

Jul 17, 2012, 4:58 PM

He sure didn't say much about the line. I'd feel a little better if he had some comments about them, but I think we're going to be OK there. Not great, but hopefully passable.

The O can level off this year--I want to hear Venebles

Jul 17, 2012, 5:00 PM

telling us the D will improve. If we had the '10 D last year with the '11 Offense we would've...been screwed out of a National Title with Ok State--but only lost 1 or 2 games.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Can the D get worse than giving up 70 to a BE team?***

Jul 17, 2012, 5:18 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

our o will only go as far as the o line will let them.

Jul 17, 2012, 8:53 PM [ in reply to The O can level off this year--I want to hear Venebles ]

being a tiger fan i have learned to be cautious

Jul 17, 2012, 7:24 PM

I sure hope that Morris and Boyd have fixed that crap where Boyd throws the ball into the turf when throwing left behind the LOS. He did that repeatedly last year. It has to be mental thing. I want to see a Tajh Boyd that plays like he's 18 points behind the ENTIRE GAME.

As for the D - I personally think our O put the D in a lot of those bad situations. Makes the D look like crap IMO. Turnovers killed so many drives last year.

Jul 18, 2012, 10:20 AM

That's what I love about this guy.

I know it's not popular to have a "this aint good enough" attitude around here. But I truly believe that young players respond better when they feel like they have something to prove.

You have to love a coach that wants to be BETTER than 16th in the country in total offense.

Replies: 8
| visibility 2,183
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic