Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Player Update: More Dwayne Allen combine results
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 3,193

Football Player Update: More Dwayne Allen combine results

Feb 25, 2012, 8:25 PM

More Dwayne Allen combine results

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Football Player Update: More Dwayne Allen combine results

Feb 25, 2012, 8:49 PM

Sorry crump but this isnt whats reported on NFLs actual site. Heres the link http://m.nfl.com/combine/profile/2533046/dwayne-allen/
Sorry its the mobile version.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Feb 26, 2012, 3:21 PM

that sounds more like the d.a. we all know. thanks for posting the link.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 26, 2012, 7:23 PM [ in reply to Re: Football Player Update: More Dwayne Allen combine results ]

Sadly this sounds an awful lot like the tripe and total BS that was put put on Daquan last year that cost him millions as he plummeted to lower draft rounds, and when all was said and done he had a very productive year and the team he signed with got the best bargain in the draft. I hope this does not happen to D. E. who is THE top TE in the draft and who will be a huge asset for any team that is able to draft him.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Everything I have seen has him at 4.89

Feb 26, 2012, 7:30 PM [ in reply to Re: Football Player Update: More Dwayne Allen combine results ]

http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/dwayne-allen?id=2533046

####, I wouldn't drop a ball either if

Feb 27, 2012, 10:11 AM [ in reply to Re: Football Player Update: More Dwayne Allen combine results ]

my hands were 9 5/8 inches long.

one

Feb 25, 2012, 8:50 PM

More thing a 33 inch vert is very good for a 250+ lb athlete.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Feb 25, 2012, 9:27 PM

Flip on the video and tell me he's disappointing. The combine is ridiculous.

Reflection on S&C and lack of training table?

Feb 26, 2012, 2:15 PM

Is it just me or does anyone else think this is a direct reflection on Batson's strength and conditioning program and our lack of a training table (I understand this is coming). We have to make changes in this area.

Clearly Duane Allen is a very good football player, but our players seem to continue to underwhelm in the combines.

Re: Reflection on S&C and lack of training table?

Feb 26, 2012, 2:16 PM

Also, how much better could he be in S&C program like LSU's and Bama's that focus on explosion off the ball?

I wonder if the pro scouts talk about our S&C program as a negative?

You do realize his bench rep total was excellent

Feb 26, 2012, 4:14 PM

You can't coach speed. Yes you can make someone slightly faster with the proper training but everyone has a ceiling. Dwayne Allen may have just reached his cieling on speed.

27 reps on bench for a TE shows either
1. Our strength and conditioning program did its job
2. Dwayne Allen is a very dedicated hard working player

My guess is its a little of both

I'd say there's more to an SC program than your bench max***

Feb 26, 2012, 4:19 PM

Re: You do realize his bench rep total was excellent

Feb 26, 2012, 6:14 PM [ in reply to You do realize his bench rep total was excellent ]

How does bench press help you in football? Maybe some, but not a big factor in evaluating a player or his capabilities.

Speed, explosiveness, flexibility (especially in the hips), these are the things that winning programs are doing and winning with their S&C.

Would you not say that both LSU and Alabama have better S&C programs that Clemson.

15 years of wallowing in the dregs of mediocrity and one common denominator - Joey Batson.

Mike Golic put it best...

Feb 26, 2012, 5:34 PM [ in reply to Reflection on S&C and lack of training table? ]

You can take what you want to from combine results, but they don't put a bench press at the 50 yard line when it's time to play.

Re: Reflection on S&C and lack of training table?

Feb 26, 2012, 7:39 PM [ in reply to Reflection on S&C and lack of training table? ]

I did not see anybody whip D.E., nor did I ever see anybody run him down from behind. I didn't see him drop balls, nor did I see him put in less than impressive performances. Whoever drafts D.E. will be getting a player who is about as good as it gets at his position. As for Batson and his strategy, I don't know how he rates, but we are getting better as a team, and he may be a part of the reason. Could we do better? Who knows, but we don't have the horses from top to bottom from the get go like AL or LSU to start with. If we bought more cars and houses, maybe the playing field would get more even, but that is not likely. That said, the graft and corruption is probably a more significant reason why we are not as good as those programs. We already see that usuc found a way to get better, but NCAA infractions await their new found success. I don't want that. Do you?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Although, Brian Linthincum (x'fer 2 MSU) didn't win the...

Feb 26, 2012, 5:28 PM

...Mackey award.

I wonder how Linthicum will turn out in the Combine?

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

J. Marc Edwards
Cary, NC

Replies: 15
| visibility 3,193
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic