Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: The next multisport athlete at Clemson?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: The next multisport athlete at Clemson?

Jan 31, 2012, 12:01 PM

The next multisport athlete at Clemson?

LaChaston Smith who has seen his stock rise in recent months, has taken visits to Clemson recently in football and basketball. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Front Page Story: The next multisport athlete at Clemson?

Jan 31, 2012, 12:05 PM

I'd love to see him unleashed on UNC in hoops the way Dean did w a football guy to Terrell Suit years ago. Swoff would probably do the first mid game suspension

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Come on down young man to play FOOTBALL!

Jan 31, 2012, 12:19 PM

Sorry to be negative but this kid is only 6'1 so I don't see him doing much in basketball. Besides, Coach Brownell showed last year he doesn't handle dual athletes well. Due to his own pride and ego one of CU's best basketball players is now focusing on football only. I think Coach B made it his point last year that football players should know their role on his team...on the bench.

Re: Come on down young man to play FOOTBALL!

Jan 31, 2012, 12:31 PM

uhh seriously BB didnt handle it well? He got us to the NCAA's. He needed another body for practice. NUke came over and helped out. Looks like according to CBB's job description he did just fine. Not sure what was said or promised to Nuke but he never complained and he helped the team out.

YOur characterization in the post is just laughable and completely wrong but dont late being ill informed stop you from being dead certain about your opinion

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who are you referencing? Nuke?***

Jan 31, 2012, 2:00 PM [ in reply to Come on down young man to play FOOTBALL! ]

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

lol... part of my fandom for Clemson was based on playing them in video games too

Jan 31, 2012, 12:18 PM

DDont underestimate the role vodeo games play

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

or video games too***

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: lol... part of my fandom for Clemson was based on playing them in video games too

Jan 31, 2012, 12:21 PM [ in reply to lol... part of my fandom for Clemson was based on playing them in video games too ]

mine was electric football. the old game that vibrated. used to paint the men like my favorite team. guess which team would always win

I had one of those...showed it to my 7 year old and he was

Jan 31, 2012, 12:22 PM

wondering why I liked it so much

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

man these kids look so young...getting really old here***

Hey 74TIGER

Jan 31, 2012, 12:46 PM

uhh seriously BB didnt handle it well? He got us to the NCAA's. He needed another body for practice. NUke came over and helped out. Looks like according to CBB's job description he did just fine. Not sure what was said or promised to Nuke but he never complained and he helped the team out.

YOur characterization in the post is just laughable and completely wrong but dont late being ill informed stop you from being dead certain about your opinion

I'm not questioning Coach B's success with the team last year. I'm simply stating he was making a point last year from the very first press conference about Nuk that they weren't going to talk about him and the attention needed to be on his players, rightly so, but IMO he never intended on using Nuk for nothing more than mop up or practice time. I was with Nuk's former coach when the basketball staff called asking about Nuk coming over to play basketball. As far as I know nothing was promised to Nuk but I'm pretty sure he didn't plan on sitting the bench as much as he did. Trust me Nuk Hopkins is better than some of the current and former scholarship players but that's ok. I think had he played more last year he could possibly be helping the team this year. Nuk knows where he is needed and wanted the most, on the football field. Not really sure how I'm sounding ill informed.

Re: Hey 74TIGER

Jan 31, 2012, 1:04 PM

youre ill informed because you act like this is some big and the go on to admit you know nothing more about it than any other fan. I dont know what BB was proving or not proving. I dont know what NUke did or didnt do in practice. Just like you dont know either.

BB isnt here to develop 2 sport guys he is here to win games. I'm a huge Nuke fan and I'd love to see him play hoops too. I just dont see that absence of that as a big conspiracy or some shortcoming on BB's part. But hey if it entertains you be my guest

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic