Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Update: Dabo's Rant Saved Clemson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 41
| visibility 1

Football Update: Dabo's Rant Saved Clemson

Dec 28, 2011, 11:37 AM

Dabo's Rant Saved Clemson

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

no if only we could beat them again on the field ....any

Dec 28, 2011, 11:44 AM

field .... that woudl be great.

I love Dabo, but talk is cheap

Re: no if only we could beat them again on the field ....any

Dec 28, 2011, 3:18 PM

> field .... that woudl be great.
>
> I love Dabo, but talk is cheap

Sometimes fan talk is really cheap. The one word in the statement ("IF") we could beat them on the field. Listen to what Dabo said again. Ask yourself if any part of his statement was false. What Dabo done was called for, and I commend him for having the nuts to say it in public. And not behind a closed door some where. I don't think nor beleive the word IF belongs in any statement to us beating them on the field again. We will always be the best of this so called rivalry, even if we were to let it begin 3 years ago. Thats right, spot them 3. In the next 15 years, we will be ahead them by 3. Print or tweet that. Because I don't give a crap. We have been, and always will be better than that SH!T hole I live 10 miles from....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

To be the man, you have to beat the man.

Dec 28, 2011, 5:17 PM

You obviously can't. so stay in second place and love those oranges,they taste so good with salt.. in your wounds.History don't and won't take away your ### whippings. Live with it.

So we are saved now? Hmm. I had no idea.

Dec 28, 2011, 11:50 AM

Seeing how we have not played SCAR in anything since the quote... and the quote was about the rivalry... and we only played ONE game since the rant... well... it seems a bit premature (or extremely stupid) to say it saved us at this point.

If he beats SCAR three years in a row then I will be happy to say the rant "saved" our domination over them. But like the poster above said, talk is cheap.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Winning the ACC CG saved our season. He thinks the rant

Dec 28, 2011, 12:10 PM

is what helped cause our team to play well again.

Not sure it did, but I think it helped.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

winning on the field saved our season....

Dec 28, 2011, 12:57 PM

beating the hell out of Va Tech was what we needed. However i love Dabo's passion. if he wasn't a true Tiger before that, he is now. talk is cheap, but you're dealing with 18-22 year old players and when they hear their coach go off like that it does something for them internally. What we see as slightly inappropriate or whatever can fire up young kids who play for a coach who had had enough. for us old timers who were sick and tired of the USuCk game losing "meaning" to some, hearing Dabo put that school in its place fired my 43 year old ### up. i don't care if USuCk is in the SEC, or the Charlie Brown conference and i don't care if we've already clinched the ACC when we play them, etc.. hating them and beating them should be the only thing that matters on that saturday in the fall when the Chickens are on the other side of the ball, period. screw wanting them to be good when we beat them too. i hope they are 0-11 every year. i've been stationed in California for 6 years in the heart of the PAC-12, in the DC area for 3 years and in NC and Parris Island for a total of 6 years. I've been around countless football fans who are fans of teams nationwide. Other than Michigan/OSU and Alabama/Auburn there is no rivaly that is as heated as Clemson/USuCk and hearing Dabo go off let me know that he finally feels what most of us feel about that dump of a school, campus, stadium, atmosphere, program and all things Chicken.

Message was edited by: orngpurple®

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Football Update: Dabo's Rant Saved Clemson

Dec 28, 2011, 12:07 PM

Couldn't agree more with the two previous posters. Look out for WVU! Clemson is the champion of the conference that wanted nothing to do with their program. Do they have a reason to want to show the world that they can kick the ACC in the face?? You bet!! Dabo better be ranting himself silly.

sigh....

Dec 28, 2011, 12:54 PM

so many goobs in this place anymore

Totally classless move by Dabo - how did it "save" Clemson?

Dec 28, 2011, 12:21 PM

Ugly

face it folks

Dec 28, 2011, 12:29 PM

this one knows "Totally classless". ;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

idk 74, seems a stretch to suggest sammich knows anything.***

Dec 28, 2011, 12:35 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Its a safe bet he knows where the Gerbil goes...***

Dec 28, 2011, 2:47 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

point my friend***

Dec 28, 2011, 3:55 PM

Fiat Justitia et Pereat Mundus

Re: point my friend***

Dec 28, 2011, 4:18 PM

Cockeyed is asking about you

Re: face it folks

Dec 28, 2011, 2:01 PM [ in reply to face it folks ]

Shut down the forums 74Tiger has just ended the debate once and for all. POTD

Re: Totally classless move by Dabo - how did it "save" Clemson?

Dec 28, 2011, 12:52 PM [ in reply to Totally classless move by Dabo - how did it "save" Clemson? ]

You will see coot. Tell SOS to keep running that mouth or have Todd do it for him

To the contrary it was a brilliant use of the media by Dabo

Dec 28, 2011, 1:01 PM [ in reply to Totally classless move by Dabo - how did it "save" Clemson? ]

to fire up the team. If you study leadership and leadership tactics you would understand exactly how very effective his speech was.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: To the contrary it was a brilliant use of the media by Dabo

Dec 28, 2011, 10:37 PM

He is a coot. He wouldn't recognize brilliance if it hit him in the face.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yeah those effing, no good, absurd, classless FACTS...***

Dec 28, 2011, 3:06 PM [ in reply to Totally classless move by Dabo - how did it "save" Clemson? ]

Dec 28, 2011, 3:22 PM [ in reply to Totally classless move by Dabo - how did it "save" Clemson? ]

Talking about absolute classless. Turn around and look in the mirror!!!

Dec 28, 2011, 3:52 PM [ in reply to Totally classless move by Dabo - how did it "save" Clemson? ]

nothing "classless" about anything Dabo said.. he only told the truth or gave opinions... the classless talk was byt SOS or toddy-boy Ellis whichever it was that made that comment!! so go back to your c$$t

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 28, 2011, 10:51 PM [ in reply to Totally classless move by Dabo - how did it "save" Clemson? ]

classless?!?!? are you kidding me? That was about as tactfull and classy as a backhanded slam could be. He didn't curse him, he said it straightforward, he said with dignity that we may have lost a few games, but we ARE THE University of South Carolina.

If you look at what he did, I think he is trying to fire up our kids. Considering what hadd been happening for the past few weeks, they needed a kick in the ###. He is trying to regain our prior glory days, and sometimes, you have to stick your hand in the pot and STIR IT UP!!!!

Dec 28, 2011, 11:36 PM

Most coots can't connect those dots. Don't pay any attention to them. Their opinions are pretty worthless.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 28, 2011, 10:54 PM [ in reply to Totally classless move by Dabo - how did it "save" Clemson? ]

SAMMICH have u ever coached or tried to motivat young men?

When did the truth become classless?***

Dec 28, 2011, 11:38 PM [ in reply to Totally classless move by Dabo - how did it "save" Clemson? ]

That's silly.***

Dec 28, 2011, 12:40 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm no liberal, but check out the video on Bentson's burn

Dec 28, 2011, 1:17 PM

I don't feel like finding it and posting a link, but it is a cold, impressive rip.

Dec 28, 2011, 1:59 PM

Whether it was planned or not planned, the rant served a valuable purpose...it stopped a relatively young team in the midst of an injury plagued slide to quit looking around and at each other trying to figure out what was going wrong AND become united in purpose again...a resolve to show the Coots and the rest of the unbelievers that when healthy and focussed they are hard to beat....want to personally thank whoever at USC for stirring the pot....USC's time is coming again where they fall from national grace...they're pretty good BUT NOT THAT #### GOOD....had they played LSU & Bama this year they would have been 8 & 4 going to a mediocre bowl...Spurrier is still an #### whether he said it or not....Go Dabo....thank you for your fire and luv for CU...Go Tigers & beat the 'Neers

Interesting, but I think the players saved Clemson, and the

Dec 28, 2011, 3:30 PM

coaching staff for having a spot-on game plan.

Clemson beat VT at VT before the childish rant

Dec 28, 2011, 3:53 PM

and beat them after the childish rant. Tell me again what the rant did. Other than get Dabo and Clemson laughed at from coast to coast.

There was nothing childish about it.

Dec 28, 2011, 4:35 PM

However, the stuff he was responding to certainly was.

If you didn't like the rant, then you should be upset at the reason it happened...a school and a coach allowing things attributed to them to remain in the public domain without any retraction or explanation.

I love how Scar fans want to talk about class

Dec 28, 2011, 4:58 PM

Your coach benches no starter for any wrong doing, regardless of the offense. He makes jab after jab at press conferences about opponents and their coaches. Was Dabo being respectful to Scar? No. Was he lying about their abysmal past? No. Dabo got the fanbase fired up along with his players, was it classy? No. Considering the actions of the "coot" fans and their coach, who cares what Carolina South thinks. Good luck with your NCAA sanctions by the way. :O

Re: I love how Scar fans want to talk about class

Dec 28, 2011, 10:50 PM

usuc knows nothing about class, except Low class. Never expect too much out of them, or you will face lots of disappointment.

no class...isn't that what Doo Doo is majoring in?***

Dec 28, 2011, 10:51 PM

Re: no class...isn't that what Doo Doo is majoring in?***

Dec 28, 2011, 11:23 PM

Can't really remember any coot on here, or anywhere else, for that matter, with anything but low class. Seems like some things never change. I'm not disappointed in that, though. I never expected anything different.

Re: Clemson beat VT at VT before the childish rant

Dec 28, 2011, 7:22 PM [ in reply to Clemson beat VT at VT before the childish rant ]

Im with you
Leave the childish blabo rant till he beats spurrier and the chickens on the field
3 losses to them is too much.
yes, we did great this year. Im proud of the Chad not dabo.
He and steele started whining about the fans griping and he was whining cause spurrier has trimmed his ### three times in a row.
Again, he needs to shut the big mouth and coach football and beat the chickens!

Re: Clemson beat VT at VT before the childish rant

Dec 28, 2011, 10:46 PM [ in reply to Clemson beat VT at VT before the childish rant ]

The only ones being laughed at from coast to coast are coots. Dabo responded with the truth, but there are some who can't handle the truth. The fact that Dabo brought the truth to light is what brought on the smirks from all but the coots who would rather it not be mentioned mentioned in public.

Dobo's so called rant

Dec 28, 2011, 5:05 PM

was a lot better than "I'm not answering any questions as long as Ron's allowed in here".Coots need to look in their own closet before making stupid claims.................

Re: Dobo's so called rant

Dec 28, 2011, 5:20 PM

Tweet that!!

Clemson Soldier

Dec 28, 2011, 7:08 PM

I am very proud of our coach an he is right them da-n gamecocks will never be as good as we are.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 28, 2011, 11:43 PM

My take on the rant was Dabo was bragging about what other coaches and teams that came before him have accomplished. Dabo has done nothing against them to brag about. Hopefully he will but until he does he should keep his mouth shut.

Replies: 41
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic