Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Player Update: Sammy Watkins injury update
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

Football Player Update: Sammy Watkins injury update

Nov 15, 2011, 11:27 AM

Sammy Watkins injury update

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not exactly an "update".***

Nov 15, 2011, 11:29 AM

Tnet Teaser***

Nov 15, 2011, 11:31 AM

Helps keep the Wuffies guessing....***

Nov 15, 2011, 12:32 PM [ in reply to Not exactly an "update".*** ]

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It may good to sit him for NC State as needed...

Nov 15, 2011, 11:42 AM

If we get into a bind and need some points, throw him in there as needed. If that's not the case, I'd leave him on the bench so he can rest up. We're gonna want him at 100% for South Carolina.

My thoughts, exactly.

Nov 15, 2011, 12:33 PM

This is a good chance to have Peake, Bryant, Humphries, Craig, and Seckinger get some catches. BUT... we areen't favored by NEARLY as much as we were with Wake. I would love to see a win as much as everybody. But, I would hate to see a minor injury become something worse with a Freshman. Plus, he needs to be good to go for the Shamecocks and the ACCCG

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't like the sound of this. It makes me wonder if the

Nov 15, 2011, 12:25 PM

injury is more severe than they first thought. Sure hope I'm wrong.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I don't like the sound of this. It makes me wonder if the

Nov 15, 2011, 12:31 PM

It really sounds like they are going to rest him regardless. If he's sore for several days, he's not going to practice. It's not worth the risk if the only gain is a 10th win.

no offense but this might be a blessing in disguise

Nov 15, 2011, 12:45 PM

i kind of think Boyd has been "zeroing" on Sammy for the past 2 games. when sammy went out our offense seemed to open back up a little. sammy is awesome, don't get me wrong, but i think it will help boyd get back into a good rythmn on Saturday.

just my thoughts

It's a fair point...

Nov 15, 2011, 12:50 PM

Many of us can remember when Woody would look for Gardener, and who could blame him? If I had Sammy as a target, I'd look his way every chance as well.

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Possibly so. Boyd wound up completing at least 3 passes

Nov 15, 2011, 12:51 PM [ in reply to no offense but this might be a blessing in disguise ]

to seven different receivers Saturday, most of those numbers after Sammy had left the game.

This team is still evolving as far as I can see, which was expected coming into the season. We should have plenty of talent sans Sammy this coming Saturday to beat the Woofies.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: no offense but this might be a blessing in disguise

Nov 15, 2011, 1:08 PM [ in reply to no offense but this might be a blessing in disguise ]

I tend to agree with that. When Sammy is open, he's the 1st choice, but when he isn't, throw to one of our other fantastic receivers and don't try to force it. Boyd is young. I have all ideas he'll grow out of that. Man our future is bright!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: no offense but this might be a blessing in disguise

Nov 15, 2011, 3:58 PM [ in reply to no offense but this might be a blessing in disguise ]

Agreed

If he's not 100% please sit him out this week!***

Nov 15, 2011, 1:02 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Football Player Update: Sammy Watkins injury update

Nov 15, 2011, 3:18 PM

As a precaution, maybe he should sit the game out this Saturday against NC State. I still believe we can win that game without Him, but we are definitely going to need him when we face Carolina on the 26th. We have lost to them two years in a row, PLEASE guys don't make it three!!! They'll rub it in our face and never let us live it down!!!! He has to be 100% by then!!!

Re: Football Player Update: Sammy Watkins injury update

Nov 15, 2011, 4:16 PM

he's not in the running for the heisman and tajh has thrown to him so many times that the wolf pack probably won't have a clue who he will throw to without sammy on the field... may be in our best interest to sit him if he isn't at least 95%

This is the same kind of talk that was coming out.....

Nov 15, 2011, 4:35 PM

when AE was nursing the ankle. I believe Sammy will sit Sat. just as a precaution so he can be 100% for the next 3 games. Hopefully the staff will give Bellamy a chance to take Sammy's spot on kickoffs for the week.

Rest him. If we can't be NCST without Watkins....

Nov 15, 2011, 6:07 PM

We shouldn't be playing for the ACC Championship.

We need a 100% Sammy vs USC more than we need a 75% Sammy vs NCST.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic