Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Football Update: VT's Bud Foster talks Clemson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1,600

Football Update: VT's Bud Foster talks Clemson

Sep 27, 2011, 10:19 AM

VT's Bud Foster talks Clemson

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

when did bud start forming complex sentences?***

Sep 27, 2011, 10:19 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's right about not being able to stop offenses

Sep 27, 2011, 10:51 AM

nowadays. Your best bet is to slow them down enough and get them off rhythm enough to allow your offense to score more points. It's like stopping Oregon's offense of Boise State's offense. You can't realistically do it like in the old days. You have to have a good offense of your own and a defense capable of slowing the other team more than they slow yours.

Bud's one of the best d coordinators in college football. He will slow us down. FSU slowed us down too. But we kept plugging away, and that is what we must do. This game will hinge on how well our defense slows down Va Tech too. We've allowed only 1 td in the second half all year I think. I like how we get better as the game goes on. It's better than starting out on fire and then getting comfortable.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He's right about not being able to stop offenses

Sep 27, 2011, 5:01 PM

i do not see va.tech making the stupid mistakes and penalties fsu made at the wrong time this saturday .

Re: He's right about not being able to stop offenses

Sep 27, 2011, 10:41 PM

Don't think it matters. Most of FSU's penalties legitimately changed the game - pass interference to stop a likely touchdown, facemask to stop a big Watkins run, holding (and only a fraction of it called). I've watched that game 3 times (once in person and twice on replay). Most of their penalties probably were a net gain in their favor.

Replies: 4
| visibility 1,600
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic