Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson vs South Carolina a Sellout
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

Nov 24, 2010, 6:28 PM

The two state rivals will play at 7:00 PM at Clemson’s Memorial Stadium in a game that will be televised nationally by ESPN2. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A sell out is just that...

Nov 24, 2010, 9:19 PM

a sell out is just that,a sell out.
Meaning,the ticket office has NO tickets to sell you.
Doesn't mean 81,000 will be in the stands,and probably
won't.I can see about 75,000.But not 81.Though it would
be very nice,I just don't see a full stadium.
Problem is,including the BB games. Way too many ppl
have tickets and decide not to go.Won't sell their
ticket,nor give them away.Just a waste.I guess they
feel thats their right for paying for them.If they don't
enjoy them,no one will.

I respectfully disagree with that...I think there will be

Nov 24, 2010, 9:42 PM

81,500+ in the stadium on saturday. This game may not mean much on the grand spectrum but the feeling I'm getting from all of the people I know that are fans of both teams paints a different picture. People are fired up about this game. This is a build up like I haven't seen in a while for a South Carolina vs. Clemson game. I dont know why exactly...but folks seems to be really excited about this one.

Maybe its because South Carolina actually has a good team this year & their fans are excited about the SEC championship game. Maybe Clemson fans are just ready to see the Tigers take the gamecocks off of their high horse.

Whatever the reason is...I'm pumped to be in the stadium Saturday & spend some time with family and friend.

Re: I respectfully disagree with that...I think there will be

Nov 24, 2010, 9:59 PM

I think the you're right about the possibility of removing Gheymcock pride is the main motivator for butts in seats for this game (for Clemson tix). No problem with that at all and hope to see it. Either way, we own them for decades.

Re: I respectfully disagree with that...I think there will be

Nov 25, 2010, 1:34 AM [ in reply to I respectfully disagree with that...I think there will be ]

Yep, coots are on their horse, I really don't see it being so high. I could be wrong but, I think that only 4 teams they have played this year is above .500!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

huge game

Nov 24, 2010, 10:09 PM [ in reply to A sell out is just that... ]

I've noticed much higher interest in this game, I think Clemson is tired of the close losses and is ready to take it out on the #####. Plus, night game in the valley vs. the rivals on their high horse, it's a game you don't want to miss.

Re: A sell out is just that...

Nov 25, 2010, 12:40 AM [ in reply to A sell out is just that... ]

There hasn't been a packed house (in reality, not the school's number) since they moved the game to Thanksgiving week. Combine that with a cold night game and there will be plenty of tics available outside the stadium. It'll be a good crowd, just not packed full.

We'll see in a few days though.

Nov 25, 2010, 1:25 AM [ in reply to A sell out is just that... ]

There is always going to be somebody talking down about something. I bet some of you even talk junk about the best F you have ever had....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No,my point is...

Nov 25, 2010, 10:59 AM

I hear this allllll the time.

"this game is a sell out"
then when the game is being played,1/3 of the upper deck
is empty.U missed the point somewhere.

Just saying,a sellout doesn't always mean a packed
stadium.
:D

Nov 26, 2010, 10:06 AM [ in reply to A sell out is just that... ]

I was going to be there but I have a commitment Sunday. Moving it to 7:00 was not good for me but it's great for Tiger Nation so I accept it. God forbid it happen, but if we should lose, I guess I can accept a back-to-back loss once every 40 years.

The #####, much like Clemson last year, got a lot of fortune to make it to the SECCG. They sort of 'backed' into it. In other words, they didn't go out and take it, they had to rely on a lot of other teams' downfalls. But like us last year, they have every right to be extremely excited for being in the big game. I just hope their excitement gets shattered with an embarrassing loss to Auburn!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Too many Gamecock fans there stinking up the stadium

Nov 25, 2010, 6:59 AM

probably yelling S-E-C. Hope we win.

Re: Clemson vs South Carolina a Sellout

Nov 25, 2010, 7:48 AM

I am really pumped up for this game. For once, we actually have something to gain by beating the Coots. I have my share of questions about the state of our program, but I am putting that aside for the next few days. I hope that everyone will do the same. If you're thinking about skipping this one, please don't.

Re: Clemson vs South Carolina a Sellout

Nov 25, 2010, 11:05 AM

Hard to imagine that this game being a sellout is news. Guess the changing times affect everything.

I was offered two free tickets but I can't make it***

Nov 25, 2010, 11:58 AM

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic