Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dabo Swinney Sunday teleconference
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 42
| visibility 1

Nov 14, 2010, 7:09 PM

Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney's teleconference with the media on Sunday after Clemson's loss to Florida State. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Same arrogant, stubborn crap that TB used to spew***

Nov 14, 2010, 7:40 PM

What do you want him to say? That our team sucks, Napier

Nov 14, 2010, 10:11 PM

sucks, etc.?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Here Are A Few Examples Of A Proven Coach Dealing With it...

Nov 15, 2010, 9:50 AM

Nick Saban After Losing to La Monore:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvWx8QaFdDY

They got the message....BTw he isn't sugar coating anything

Nick Saban After Beatinbg Clemson:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPzqO8LvpBE&feature=related

He is going nuts after they just beat the 9th ranked team in the nation....

Nick Saban last week on the Field COACHING:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pay8PsXy4wE

You be the judge.............

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

Re: Here Are A Few Examples Of A Proven Coach Dealing With it...

Nov 15, 2010, 10:21 AM

You got 5 million to pay Saban with?? pony it up and we can hire him... he is a money wh@@@ and cares not for ALabama at all, he cares about winning, period.

Re: Here Are A Few Examples Of A Proven Coach Dealing With it...

Nov 15, 2010, 11:56 AM

....and you have a problem with that? At this point, I'll take a winning coach who does not care about the school. Pay his salary and win championships. Lets add a little perspective....if a business offers to double your salary at work (wherever that may be) are you going to stay because of loyalty or take the money at provide for your family. I am willing to bet that Alabama is not loyal to Saban..in that if he has three or four losing years, they would cut him loose. Since 1989 we have had a lot of "great people" as head coach. What do we have to show for it? South Carolina has now jumped in front of us in terms of football programs. They show more commitment to winning and it is finally paying off for them. How many "great people" coached did they go through before they realized, you have to pony up the big bucks to have a winning program. Since Spurrier has been at USC, they are averaging 7 wins per season. In that same time we are averaging 7.6 wins per season. And yes, they are doing it in a tougher conference. Say what you want about the ACC and SEC, the reality is that the SEC is more difficult to win in.

More money often time does lead to more W's.

We'll said!***

Nov 15, 2010, 1:20 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What do you want him to say? That our team sucks, Napier

Nov 15, 2010, 4:05 PM [ in reply to What do you want him to say? That our team sucks, Napier ]

Just be honest and quit sugarcoating everything. Parker played "excellent"?? BS, give me a break. If he'd played "excellent", we'd have scored some touchdowns in the redzone. And it "didn't work out" to give Boyd some playing time??? It didn't "work out" because he didn't want to let him play. I think he's afraid Kyle Parker will get mad and pout like a child!

Re: What do you want him to say? That our team sucks, Napier

Nov 15, 2010, 4:12 PM [ in reply to What do you want him to say? That our team sucks, Napier ]

What he should say is if the admnistration would give me the money, I would hire a real offensive coordinator. Till then, you get what you pay for.

Wondered why Cat paused on one of the misses***

Nov 14, 2010, 7:58 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dabo Swinney Sunday teleconference

Nov 14, 2010, 8:01 PM

glad i listened to this, thats a h*** of a man

How high school is that: snapped the ball before the kicker

Nov 14, 2010, 8:18 PM

was ready.

Freaking idiot!

Nov 14, 2010, 8:26 PM

Same stupid BS answer!

Dabo measures success in some obscure way

Nov 14, 2010, 8:36 PM

that means nothing everybody else!

"last year when we scored more points than any team in Clemson history"
we lost the SCAR game, sure needed some points there

lost the ACCCG on bad play calls. Lots of points, but not ENOUGH points

"There will come a time where we'll look back at this and we'll say, 'Wow, we've made a lot of progress.' And that's what I'm looking forward to."

TDP will not put up with this any longer than 8 to 10 years, so you better get on it Dabo!!

It's true these coaches are putting everything they have into it. Problem is, it's not enough as they aren't skilled enough.

Quit Dabo, you and your homies suck!!

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

hmm, we didn't lose the ACC championship b/c of Offense***

Nov 15, 2010, 1:21 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: hmm, we didn't lose the ACC championship b/c of Offense***

Nov 15, 2010, 1:27 PM

Are you referring to the ACC Championship game with 0 punts. As in our defense forced 0 punts the entire game. Blaming that game on the offense is a stretch.

Exactly my point!***

Nov 16, 2010, 11:49 AM

Yes, Dabo, we're lucky to have Napier...his O is

Nov 14, 2010, 9:05 PM

on fire.....but of course what else is he going to say at this point.

"Billy Napier is a heck of a football coach, and we are luck

Nov 14, 2010, 9:43 PM

Geez!! It worse than I thought!!

I was a Dabo fan, but no longer!!

Dabo will miss you.***

Nov 14, 2010, 10:06 PM

he just dont get it....

Nov 14, 2010, 10:14 PM

"I don't pay any attention to what some people on a message board may say. That is totally irrelevant to what reality is."

reality is the play calling and coaching suck...we see it but somehow he cant..just like he couldnt see that ellington was a far better RB than harper yet he continued to play harper..just like he is gonna "try" to get boyd playing time..he wont do it..so next year when we suck again he will have an excuse nothing new.

Nov 14, 2010, 10:47 PM

Last year Clemson had Spiller to make Parker and Napier look good. This year Ellington, Harper, and a great offensive line have been the offensive bright spot. Take away Harpers' TD and Clemson had 6 points, 2 missed field goals, and 2 int's with no td's. Parker is a joke!

No passing down field, which even the broadcasters noted more than once. It was the receivers, mainly Harper, that made Parker look good. What game was Dabo watching. It obviously wasn't the Fa. St. game this year.

WAKE UP! HELLLOOO! Predictable play calling and less than mediocre performance by an overrated QB. The receivers made Parker look good on at least three receptions.

Get real. If this is the best the offensive coaches, and notice I said coaches, can do with the talent Clemson has, well....and the buck starts at the top, Dabo!!!

Nov 14, 2010, 11:35 PM

I think I heard this teleconference a few years ago.

We're going to finish 6-6 this year ...

Nov 14, 2010, 11:58 PM

and he's happy with himself and Napier. Enough said!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We're going to finish 6-6 this year ...

Nov 15, 2010, 12:59 AM

Some of you guys are borderline mental over this stuff. And I'd venture to say that the vast majority have zero experience with football past playing high school ball. Guess that makes you experts. Someone tell me what you expected in reality this year? We lost two of the biggest playmakers in Clemson HISTORY, A LB corp that was thin at best and you suddenly expected us to win the ACC based on what? A good showing in Auburn?

Am I happy with the teams results this year? No. But I'm not dumb enough to wring my hands over 18-21 year old kids playing a game. I think things will improve. I honestly think next season we will be in front of our division and play whoever in the ACCCG. Fire this guy, fire that guy, he sucks, he's an idito, he's whatever does no good. You got a complaint then email, call, write a letter or go see Barker and Phillips. How about stop airy the dirty laundry in front of everyone in the world to see.

Does anyone here think that the staff, player etc aren't giving it everything they have?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They're giving it their all. They're just incompetent.

Nov 15, 2010, 2:01 AM

Do you think that any self-respecting big-league FBS football school in the country would have hired Dabo Swinney to be head coach or hired Billy Napier to be OC?

Nobody would have even INTERVIEWED them. No big league team would interview them now either, becaue they're shown how mediocre they are.

If they're not competent enough to be interviewed by self-respecting FBS schools, then why are they good enough for Clemson?

Re: They're giving it their all. They're just incompetent.

Nov 15, 2010, 4:48 AM

Sorry buddy, but I don't see the incompetence. I see things maybe I would have done differently but that by no means speaks to the inability of the coaching staff.

I see 3 place kickers that have failed to live up to expectations. Admit it, we make those missed field goals and all of you are happy. Don't even sit here and tell me that you'd still think these same things about the coaches. Because you wouldn't. You'd be as happy as a pig in $hit at our 8-1 record or better and talking about how we'll "grind" out another win next week.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wow! You think Clemson looks like a well-coached team?!?!

Nov 15, 2010, 4:51 PM

The play-calling has been weak most of this year and much of last year.

The offensive execution has been terribly inconsistent both years.

The personnel decisions have been bad, like playing Ashe & Dye over Hopkinds and Brown, or evenly splitting carries between Ellington & Harper.

But you want to blame Clemson's sorry record on the FG kicking? Fine. The coaches are responsible for recruiting and training for special teams, including the field goal unit. Many of the missed FGs were kicked off the hash marks (mostly from the more-difficult right hash mark) because Dabo & Napier don't seem to understand that it's easier to kick a field goal from the middle of the field. Against Auburn, our scholarship long-snapper double-clutched the tying FG snap, and against FSU he snapped the ball too early. Dabo wastes schollies on long-snappes who can't long snap consistently and on FG kickers who warm the bench. Apparently, you think that's all good coaching, good use of scholarships, and that the missed field goals are just bad luck.

Even if Clemson had made every field goal this season, it doesn't mean that Clemson would have won every game or that Clemson would have been 8-1. Our opponents would have changed their play-calling based on the score, so it's a fool's fantasy. The real question is whether or not this is a well coached team, and I find it hard to believe that anybody that has watched Clemson for the last 2 years (and watches other teams play) could say that this is a well coached team.

Even if Clemson had won some more games on field goals, I'd still think that Clemson is a poorly coached team for the reasons listd above, just like I did last season when they won the Atlantic, and just like I did after the ugly NCSU win. I'd still think we have a crappy head coach that no decent FBS school would even interview.

For nearly a decade Bowden (who is still unemployed after 47 FBS head-coaching changes) had those same kind of "one play away" excuses that you seem to put forth. I just want Clemson to hire a top tier coach for a change.

Re: They're giving it their all. They're just incompetent.

Nov 15, 2010, 11:01 AM [ in reply to They're giving it their all. They're just incompetent. ]

I said the same as Razz. If TB had been fired after the season was over or better yet the end of the year before, Dabo would not have even gotten an interview!

That said I will continue to support him. (although i do kind of miss Rob Spence at times, NOT)

I did not expect us to be 6-6, and a 6-6 record this year is

Nov 15, 2010, 12:33 PM [ in reply to Re: We're going to finish 6-6 this year ... ]

unacceptable to me. I did not expect us to lose to UNC's 2nd string defense. I did expect us to beat BC, and I did expect us to score at least 1 offensive touchdown against them in the process. I also expected us to win 1 of the following games: Auburn, Miami, Florida St., or South Carolina. Realistically, we should have finished this year 8-4 or 9-3. 6-6 is a colossal underachievement, and with the inconsistency we've shown over the season, 6-6 is no guarantee.

Nov 15, 2010, 12:54 AM

You know if all you ######### that are criticizing Dabo could really coach a team you would be making a whole lot more money than you are right now. But since the only team you can really coach is in your head or on the local "fantasy" site, why don't you do us REAL Clemson fans a favor....shut your fricking hole and jump off the bandwagon!!!!! You're not wanted and certainly not needed!!!

Message was edited by: gmurphy10®

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah! Accept Clemson's crappy coaching like a TRUE fan!***

Nov 15, 2010, 2:03 AM

Re: Yeah! Accept Clemson's crappy coaching like a TRUE fan!***

Nov 15, 2010, 4:53 AM

TRUE fan? What's that mean? Do I accept mediocrity? Nope, but I'm not throwing the baby out with the bath water either. And this true fan has much more important things to get upset over than a football game. I used to, but not anymore.

I hope Dabo can fix the problems. Wether that be a massive overhaul of his coaching staff or one guy leaving. Don't care. I'm going to put a little bit of trust into the guy that is getting PAID to do the job. Not a bunch of internet superstars that seem to crawl all over this board.

I'm curious to know who on here that complains about the coaching actually ever coached before.

My guess is that not many of us have actually ever coached

Nov 15, 2010, 3:34 PM

football before, but if that is your standard, then I guess the vast majority of us shouldn't voice concerns and/or criticisms over things like the economy, the war on terror, the new mission project at the church, healthcare reform, energy legislation, where to build a new school, etc, since most of us are not economists, soldiers, clergy, healthcare professionals, industrialists, or contractors?

While most of these examples are obviously much more serious than college football, my point is that sometimes all you need is a little common sense to see that the job is simply not getting done at the top, the same mistakes are being repeated week in week out, and very little progress is being made.

Also, please spare us the sanctimony. I'm sure most of us are glad that you have more important things in your life, and most of us do as well. However, this is a website devoted to Clemson athletics, not a website devoted to managing life's problems. Fans getting upset over our program being stuck in perpetual mediocrity should actually be a normal thing on here, at least for a fanbase that is really serious about our program once again returning to championship level.

Well said.***

Nov 15, 2010, 3:58 PM

I don't want to throw out the baby, just the bathwater!!!

Nov 15, 2010, 4:07 PM [ in reply to Re: Yeah! Accept Clemson's crappy coaching like a TRUE fan!*** ]

You used to get upset, but not anymore. That's exactly what worries me. Clemson used to be a football school. Clemson fans used to care. But too many years of neglect and mediocrity is draining our fanbase of any expectation of excellence, so the fanbase lets the administration hire a zero-experience wide recievers coach that no self-respecting FBS school in the country would have even interviewed.

Nov 15, 2010, 9:36 AM [ in reply to Re: Dabo Swinney Sunday teleconference ]

I'm not a good coach, I'm not even good at XBOX football, but while there's a million things about coaching that I don't know, there are a few things that I do know. I know that when your running back is getting 3-5 yards a pop, you run the effing ball on 2nd and 6. Stick with what works. That's plain and simple common sense right there. You ain't gotta be Bear Bryant to understand that concept.

Nov 15, 2010, 8:41 AM

All you so called fans on this message board don't have a clue probably never coached anything in ur life. let me say again DF went 6-5 in yr2 sounds the same as it did back then just no message boards to do it on. We are a good team and we did have missed opportunities and poor execution on a couple of plays at key times.

Nov 15, 2010, 9:33 AM

He's right. Years after Billy and Dabo are gone, they will be able to look back and say that Clemson has made progress, but it won't have anything to do with either of them.

Heckuvajob, Brownie, errr Billy...

Nov 15, 2010, 9:39 AM

right..How about some TD's

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Nov 15, 2010, 11:22 AM

Defense is good enough but offense lacks game time leadership. Auburn is an extreme example of what a great leader on the field does to win games. The only thing I blame our coaches for is not developing leaders on this offense. It seems every QB we have that is good when they first start then stink it up the next year - Whitehurst, Harper, etc. I watched a great call inside the 5 yard line - a misdirection play where Parker faked the handoff and instead of running through the hole and making contact to score, he ran sideways to the out of bounds to avoid being hit and lost 2 yards. In the film room somebody needs to be on his &%$@ - If you look through the top 25 every QB on those teams will take hits and most will deliver them. This is not an option, if you won't run the ball tough then sit down.

For some reason we have the WORST field goal kickers in the country year over year - WHY?? This has to be lack of confidence - how do multiple kickers on the same team lose confidence year after year?? PLEASE Coach do SOMETHING different with the kicking game - our local HS has a better % than we do! We will NEVER win many close games when our kicking is this bad.

Nov 15, 2010, 1:04 PM

I just love how my 'fanship' is brought into question because I believe our coaches to be inept. Nice try!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 15, 2010, 4:39 PM [ in reply to Re: Dabo Swinney Sunday teleconference ]

I think Parker is afraid of taking a hit because of his baseball contract. He's afraid to run like other quarterbacks do and it's costing us over and over.

Replies: 42
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic