Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Freeman relishes chance to win one on the road
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Nov 11, 2010, 3:03 PM

Center Dalton Freeman said he looks at Clemson's trip to Tallahassee this weekend as an opportunity for the offensive line to regain some of their swagger. And snag a needed win on the road. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm sorry, but...

Nov 11, 2010, 3:36 PM

I don't buy the "different package every week" excuses. Every team in our division sees these same packages and I don't see them in the press every day saying it's a problem. On the offensive line, you need to be prepared for anything. With all the "they don't blitz much" hype we've given FSU this week in the press, I wouldn't be surprised to see them blitz the heck out of us. THEN, we could use the excuse, "oh, well, they rarely blitz, so they threw something different at us that we weren't expecting. Otherwise, we played great."

I'm tired of excuses EVERY SINGLE WEEK! Our coaches need to get these kids ready to play each team regardless of their schemes. Period.

What makes this even worse is that it appears every team that plays us knows EXACTLY what to expect from us every week.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

From Dabo

Nov 11, 2010, 3:51 PM

"When asked about the pass/run ratio out of the shotgun, Swinney indicated he did not believe Clemson had any liabilities related to tendencies. "

Don't think he (they) get it, but opposing coaches certainly do.

Re: From Dabo

Nov 11, 2010, 4:41 PM

Having tendencies isn't a problem if we execute well. Like the Nebraska or Oklahoma or Clemson teams of the 80s, or the Soutnern Cal teams of the 70s.

I think the coaches are exactly right - our problem isn't our formation or play-calling tendencies, but the fact that we don't execute well. Which is really just another tendency (the tendency not to execute well).

that was the point of the article and I agree. I'm no

Nov 11, 2010, 4:44 PM

football coach (they don't do my job and I don't do theirs). It just seems that it's not the play calling, but the dropped passes, poor throws, missed kicks etc.

And if you can follow thread logic

Nov 11, 2010, 6:54 PM [ in reply to From Dabo ]

I was responding (and agreeing) with the response to the OP. So lighten up Alice.

Sorry, posted in wrong place***

Nov 11, 2010, 6:55 PM

Then why don't you go to practice and tell 'em that?***

Nov 11, 2010, 5:22 PM [ in reply to I'm sorry, but... ]

I believe a drunk money could

Nov 11, 2010, 6:37 PM

so maybe I am qualified to tell them.

Apparently drunk monkeys and opposing coaches know to put 8 in the box when we go under center and drop 6 when we're in the gun. I think our offensive (any and all meanings) stats testify to this.

I'd just like to see guys like you actually

Nov 11, 2010, 6:44 PM

back up these comments that you sling around. Yeah it's a message board and you have the right to say whatever you want within reason. But if you want to criticize our players, who practice hard everyday, work their butts off, go to school, and still have personal lives, then maybe you should go tell them your opinion yourself if you really want to be heard. Since I'm sure all you probably do is watch the game from your couch on Saturday with beer in hand that you are definitely qualified. Right?

Great speech

Nov 11, 2010, 6:47 PM

but where did I criticize the players? Assuming you can read, I am criticizing the guys making $1,700,000 per year and, quite frankly, based on performance they should be criticized.

then you are on the wrong thread because obviously

Nov 11, 2010, 6:50 PM

you didn't read the original post that i was responding to. If you read that guy's post then you would know what I was talking about. He is saying our players are making excuses, which they aren't, they are telling it like it is. We are lucky they even talk to the media, I know if I was playing I sure as hell wouldn't every say a friggin' word to the media. If you want to talk about "drunk money" or "drunk monkeys" whatever the heck that is, then feel free, I'm not going to stop you from making a fool of yourself.

I think the market has already been cornered on that***

Nov 11, 2010, 6:52 PM

Re: then you are on the wrong thread because obviously

Nov 12, 2010, 8:34 AM [ in reply to then you are on the wrong thread because obviously ]

Whoa, hold on Hoss,

You are getting a mite upset about nothing more than someone voicing their opinion about an underachieving FB team. Obviously, we all had high expectations coming in to the season, and luckily, we are still in the hunt. Dalton Freeman is a fine FB player and tremendous competitor, as are many other players. Truthfully, we have tremendous talent, as we have had for a while.

Now, on to the solution. Let's look at the problem within itself: we have veteran Def. coaches in Steele, Brooks, etc., who are coming up with good game-plans for the last few weeks. On the other hand, we have a HC who has never even been an OC, and who promoted a younger (inferiority complex showing through here) WR/unproven coach to be his OC. Who does such a thing with their first head coaching job. He also retains an OL coach who has never produced dominant, physical OL's. Go back to his FSU days to present and you'll see more finesse OL's with screens and shielding defenders on run plays rather than knocking them off the ball.

So, there it is. That's my analysis of the Clemson FB team. Have a nice day!

Good Analysis! I like it. Pretty good facts.

Nov 12, 2010, 3:04 PM

Don't know why most posters can't actually provide insight into coaching like this. Not bad at all my friend.

I hope he gets his wish. Memory for a lifetime. Go Dalton!***

Nov 11, 2010, 8:29 PM

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic