Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dabo says there is no set time for Boyd to play, talks about Wolfpack
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 35
| visibility 1

Nov 2, 2010, 1:25 PM

Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney confirmed on Tuesday that quarterback Tajh Boyd would play on Saturday, but said there was no set time for the redshirt freshman to hit the field. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Once again, David Hood with multiple errors

Nov 2, 2010, 1:47 PM

You know, at most jobs multiple errors would get you fired. But at TigerNet (and Clemson) it's just swept right under the bed.

Re: Once again, David Hood with multiple errors

Nov 2, 2010, 1:58 PM

Dear TigerNet,

I am an aspiring sports writer (currently sports editor for a 7,000-circulation daily paper in Oklahoma). I graduated from Clemson in 2008 and would love the opportunity to overtake David Hood. T-mail me for my resume and samples. Heck, I'll even be a copy editor (see below).

I'm sick and tired of getting online and reading TigerNet articles that are lacking in the proof reading department. Anything I can do to help would help make you a more credible source.

1) “Tajh has gotten better,” Swinney said. “I'm excited about him and the future. It's going to be a good situation. He's going to be the starter here, and de's going to mistakes..."

- Now I know this is a quote, but I highly doubt that Dabo Swinney said, "...and de's going to mistakes..."

2) The Tigers face N.C. State in a Death Valley on Saturday in a noon kickoff, and Swinney said the Wolfpack are playing as well as anybody in the conference right now.
- First, Clemson does not play "in a Death Valley," just "in Death Valley." Second, first rule of AP writing, which is what I'm hoping you're teaching David Hood is Time, Date, Place. For example, "a noon kickoff Saturday in Death Valley." It's pretty easy to remember for Clemson people because it's Time, Date, Place, or TDP.

3) N.C. State’s defensive coordinator is John Tenuta, who also coach at Georgia Tech, and Swinney said the Tigers are familiar with his schemes.
- And finally, "who also coachED at Georgia Tech." He doesn't still coach there.

Thanks,
Ben

UMAD***

Nov 2, 2010, 2:00 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

good grief get a life man***

Nov 2, 2010, 3:14 PM [ in reply to Re: Once again, David Hood with multiple errors ]

Dude...seriously? B*tching about typos???

Nov 2, 2010, 2:09 PM [ in reply to Once again, David Hood with multiple errors ]

I think Hood does a d@mn good job, and I don't read his articles like I'm grading the thing.

null

Re: Dude...seriously? B*tching about typos???

Nov 2, 2010, 2:10 PM

And there's the underlying theme. Clemson people not expecting the best.

Let the football team get better first, then I'll worry

Nov 2, 2010, 2:16 PM

about T-Net writers.

null

Re: Let the football team get better first, then I'll worry

Nov 2, 2010, 2:18 PM

I'll agree with that. But, this is the first time I've said anything about Hood's writing ... and I'm certainly not the first. It's pretty bad that I get on to read about my school and I continually see error after error when reading. One error every couple or stories, sure. That happens. But 2-3 every story? A middle schooler could do that...just sayin'.

I have a hard time seeing how he will be used.....

Nov 2, 2010, 2:19 PM [ in reply to Let the football team get better first, then I'll worry ]

I hate using two QB's, doesn't seem to work for anyone. I am just hoping that he uses him in a support role...maybe there is something in practice that says he is really good at hitting the out route out maybe he is good passing through the middle. Who knows.....

Screw it, the season is over.

Nov 2, 2010, 2:28 PM

Put Boyd out there with KP and make the defense honor 2 passers. Maybe pitch it to Boyd and run it a couple of times then later utilize it for some deep passes.

best bowl possibility

Nov 2, 2010, 2:49 PM

at best we reach the ACCCG..probably not...after that maybe the peach...at 8-4, probably not. why not play boyd on an offense which will graduate 1 player other than kyle parker, correct? (chris hairston) grow some offensive continuity over the next 4 games and possibly a bowl and we have the chance to be special next season.

Re: best bowl possibility

Nov 2, 2010, 3:38 PM

The Textile Bowl.. Saturday

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: best bowl possibility

Nov 2, 2010, 5:34 PM [ in reply to best bowl possibility ]

I am in TOTAL agreement with all you said

The season isn't over. Loser... or coot, whichever.***

Nov 2, 2010, 5:57 PM [ in reply to Screw it, the season is over. ]

I disagree. It's not a board post, it's a front page article

Nov 2, 2010, 5:22 PM [ in reply to Dude...seriously? B*tching about typos??? ]

on the #1 Tiger fan site on the web.

His content is generally good, but the content and grammatical errors damage his credibility as a writer and, to outsiders, the credibility of the website.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I argee! It does'nt matter what odrer the letters our in or

Nov 5, 2010, 4:04 PM [ in reply to Dude...seriously? B*tching about typos??? ]

if you use the write wrods in the right palaces.

badge-ringofhonor-elscorcho.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'd rather get the information fast than perfect.

Nov 2, 2010, 3:10 PM [ in reply to Once again, David Hood with multiple errors ]

I spent more time reading your complaint than the sum total of time I've spent trying to deciper any trivial grammatical or spelling errors over the years. It's a quick and dirty Clemson football blog, not the New York Times.

I'm far more concerned with the pro-administration bias than the grammar. Heck, I'd opt for 50 times more grammatical errors if they'd just ask the coaches tough questions and provide fair & balanced evaluations of the coaches, players, and gameplans.

Re: Dabo says there is no set time for Boyd to play, talks about Wolfpack

Nov 2, 2010, 2:05 PM

Depending on the first quarter, especially if it goes anything like the BC game... Id like to see Boyd play the whole 2nd quarter. if things go well, continue the 3rd.

Why is Dabo talking about this in public? Covering his butt?

Nov 2, 2010, 3:30 PM

How does it help the team to talk about this in public? Doesn't it just help NCSU prepare a package to rattle Boyd when he goes in and prepare for his tendencies?

What if KP plays flawlessly, but it's a tight game? Will Dabo risk losing the game by trying out Boyd? No. So then why even bring up this topic? It's just like Dabo's stupid, failed promise to play Willy Korn in every game. It serves no useful purpose.

The coaches always talk about staying focused on the next game, but then they open up a media circus (which surely distracts some of the players and coaches) with this stuff about playing Boyd. The only thing that I can think of is that Dabo is trying to deflect fan criticism and save his own butt.

And again, Dabo makes the claim that Parker gave up $900k to play football for a year, but I have never seen any article that actually cites a source close to the Rockies (even an unnamed source) or cites one of the Parkers in confirming that the Rockies offered Parker an extra $900k to not play football. When Kyle was asked directly if the Rockies offered him more to not play football, he evaded answering. I seriously question whether the Rockies offered Parker $900k above the standard slot bonus to not play football for a few months. But if somebody can point me to an article that actually cites a source close to the Rockies (even an unnamed source) or cites one of the Parkers in confirming that, I'd really appreciate it. (Please don't bother providing links to the dozens of articles where beat reporters speculate or make the claim without citing any source. There are plenty of those.)

Re: Why is Dabo talking about this in public? Covering his butt?

Nov 2, 2010, 3:37 PM

Yep!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why is Dabo talking about this in public? Covering his butt?

Nov 2, 2010, 4:03 PM [ in reply to Why is Dabo talking about this in public? Covering his butt? ]

Fans want information, people ask questions. What would you do in his situation, just say "no comment" and have the entire whining fan base calling for your head?

What I get out of what he's saying is that chances of winning the division are slim. Experience is valuable. Boyd is the future quarterback. Therefore, fans can expect to see Boyd on the field as the season progresses.

People just need to chill and get off the man's butt.

So you agree this PR covers Dabo's butt while hurting team?***

Nov 2, 2010, 5:08 PM

WHATEVER!!

Nov 2, 2010, 3:57 PM

Kyle, might not have had a bad game on the stat sheet, but the GT game: he was terrible! WR had to turn back, slide, make sideline catches, Kyle hasn't, "in reality" had a good game ALL SEASON, borrowing the UNC game, but thats one game, Dabo: it's time to move on, get prepared for next year, because right now there is no advantage to having kyle on the field, if anything he's the opponent's advantage.

yeah...

Nov 5, 2010, 3:57 PM

Dabo must think we're stupid- he has not played like a d-1 quarterback all year- throw low, high, behind, over their heads, roll right and throw an incompletion with no pressure; he's probable got his head in the nfl. But, i guess i'm part of the crazy 5% that thinks clemson fans deserve better than 20 years of crap.

Dabo is starting to sound more and more like a D bag

Nov 2, 2010, 4:13 PM

We have no obligation to Kyle Parker. I don't care what he gave up to be here, none of that matters. We are not required to start him just because he really, really wants to play. That rhetoric is such BS and should help earn Dabo his ticket out. More stubborn BS from a rookie head coach who thinks he knows best. Maybe he will read Tigernet more this week so he can gameplan for the pack.

All Im saying is.....

Nov 2, 2010, 5:33 PM

Well in the BC game when the BC defence drops 9 in coverage and the only pressure is coming from the outside, Put Boyd in and so he can at least run hard and fast up the middle instead of rolling out and throwing an incomplete or worst an INT, thats all Im saying

Boyd may run....but, fast....he is not.***

Nov 2, 2010, 6:07 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No good deed goes unpunished.....

He is a big boy at 6'1" 230#***

Nov 3, 2010, 12:32 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Nov 2, 2010, 7:29 PM

a quote " You guys have seen how we have lost games this year " that's the problem ; u lost to a so-so Miami team and a bad N C and a really bad Boston College team ; hasten to say we will be B C's only conference win

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 2, 2010, 10:28 PM

Yeah, just like last year with Maryland, Clemson their only conference win and again this year with BC, same thing most likely. #### poor trend to start making...

we are so hosed! This guy is not only BAD,

Nov 2, 2010, 8:10 PM

he let's everybody know it and DAILY!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Is he still here?***

Nov 2, 2010, 10:29 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I GOT IT... HE EXPECTS TO GET BLOWN OUT...

Nov 3, 2010, 8:08 AM

He just doesn't know how long it will take Wilson to do it.

Amazing!

Nov 3, 2010, 10:43 AM

Yes the season is disappointing but I think the coaching has been good. During the Bowden years I remember constantly saying ### are they doing! But since Dabo, I don't have those moments. It has been more player performance (i.e. dropped balls, getting beat deep) that freak me out. And remember its basically his second year, look at the track records of other good coaches at that time. Even look at Spurrier at SC for years 2 through 5. I think the program is going in the right direction. I do think Boyd needs a lot more reps, he definitely looked like a freshman the other times he's been on the field. But the future is bright.

As far as I am concerned

Nov 3, 2010, 12:29 PM

It's all lip service.

I will take the wait and see approach

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Replies: 35
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic