Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Brownell has different style than Purnell, builds for postseason
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

Oct 7, 2010, 6:40 PM

lemson men’s basketball coach Brad Brownell, embarking on his first season at the helm of the Tiger program, met with the media at The Reserve on Thursday, and he said that his job is to try and get Clemson to the next level. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sounds good to me.***

Oct 7, 2010, 7:16 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people who ask questions.

Re: Brownell has different style than Purnell, builds for postseason

Oct 7, 2010, 7:18 PM

Sounds like this is the coach Clemson needed to get to the next step. I am excited about Rock the'John... Need a really good crowd there like last year because recruis Nick Jacobs and Daniel Sapp will be there. Got to close the deal...

lol.. just means he isnt stupid

Oct 7, 2010, 7:29 PM

OP had 1, JUST 1, negative mark on his record.. postseason play. So naturally if you want to get on the good side of your fans what do you say?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

No he is not. Also the people at UNCW thought highly of him***

Oct 7, 2010, 8:01 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

i'm sure his wife and kids do also.. i hope.***

Oct 7, 2010, 8:15 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

We'll find out. It'll take a few years. Trying to

Oct 7, 2010, 8:25 PM

assess his coaching ability right now is a little dumb. I have heard lots of good things about him, but until he proves it I will wait.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL...JUST 1?***

Oct 7, 2010, 11:25 PM [ in reply to lol.. just means he isnt stupid ]

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think it's safe to say coach Brownell has picked up on

Oct 7, 2010, 8:00 PM

the fact that we are not a good shooting team.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

has there ever been a Clemson basketball team that shot

Oct 7, 2010, 8:14 PM

the ball well, much less make field goals?

They've been few and far between.

Oct 7, 2010, 8:45 PM

Seems to me the answer to that ongoing problem is to recruit guys that can shoot but we can't seem to do it to save our lives. I hope that will change soon; at least Brownell recognizez it and very publicly and vocally acknowledges it. This is by far the biggest job he's ever had and you think we'd have better talent, but he said we don't shoot as well as the places he's been before. I take that as an indication that he will make fixing that a priority.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

OP didn't have a half court offense. It is hard enough for

Oct 7, 2010, 8:53 PM

us to recruit good shooters......and good shooters aren't gonna stay where there is no half court O. Evidence in TO leaving.

Agreed***

Oct 7, 2010, 9:07 PM

- H. L. Mencken

I also look for Jennings and Johnson to shine in Brownell's

Oct 7, 2010, 10:49 PM [ in reply to OP didn't have a half court offense. It is hard enough for ]

system. They are outstanding players who were completely miscast in OP's system.

- H. L. Mencken

Re: I think it's safe to say coach Brownell has picked up on

Oct 7, 2010, 9:41 PM [ in reply to I think it's safe to say coach Brownell has picked up on ]

I would guess he has looked at enough film of us over the past 5 years to know that. So yes, thats a fare assessment....

Re: Brownell- sounds fine- just make sure....

Oct 7, 2010, 8:17 PM

....we don't slip back in the pack for years to get to the next level. That would be nice to see us build from where OP left. Tall order as I think Booker will be missed

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 7, 2010, 8:20 PM

OP got athletes in his system and few basketball players. OP did not coach high basketball IQ and thus we often played dumb. I hope Brownell teaches smart bball.

A few years ago we lost back to back games when we were up by 3 with just a few seconds left and Twice OP chose not to foul and Twice they hit a three pointer and we lost.

Oct 7, 2010, 10:52 PM

Yep -- But Brownell has a steep hill to climb. Whatever, OP DID take Clemson to consistent levels that we did not achieve before.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Consistently started hot and ended slumping...***

Oct 7, 2010, 11:39 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

BROWNELL IS THE MAN - Glad OP is gone...***

Oct 8, 2010, 7:58 AM

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic