Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
"Nuke" Hopkins a starter against North Carolina?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1,788

Oct 2, 2010, 9:48 PM

Freshman wide receiver DeAndre "Nuke" Hopkins was on the field for much of Saturday's fourth quarter against Miami, and Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney said Hopkins had "earned a spot." Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

billy, get your head out of kyle's rear

Oct 2, 2010, 9:52 PM

"never considered replacing him with boyd?" Are you serious?
At the very least... consider it. I'm pretty sure Boyd couldn't have done any worse, and i'm pretty sure he wouldve done better.

and don't kid yourself, his 3rd quarter may have been above average for the day, but his 2nd half play was still abysmal

Re: billy, get your head out of kyle's rear

Oct 2, 2010, 9:58 PM

Starting Nuke is a good thing by its self. That will let the other guys know if they can't get the job done. Then the younger guys that are working their butts off for a starting job will get the chance. Good Move !!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ok, sure***

Oct 2, 2010, 11:14 PM [ in reply to billy, get your head out of kyle's rear ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whether he actually considered it or not, what good

Oct 3, 2010, 12:28 PM [ in reply to billy, get your head out of kyle's rear ]

would it do to say that openly? See So Car for what that type of behavior does to your QB's confidence.

hate to break it to you...

Oct 4, 2010, 7:50 AM [ in reply to billy, get your head out of kyle's rear ]

but Tajh Boyd just isn't that good man... Calling for the backup quarterback to come in is pretty cootish in my opinion... Our receivers dropped the passes man, just because Kyle didn't play well doesn't mean you bench him, Tajh is a freshman, you need a proven player in the fourth quarter.

I like this

Oct 2, 2010, 9:57 PM

Good for Hopkins

Re: I like this

Oct 2, 2010, 10:05 PM

Yep, just get the best players on the field regardless of how young they are at this point. If "veteran" WRs aren't stepping up and making plays, put better/younger talent in. It's not rocket science.

I really don't know what to say after this game. We started off in a similar fashion last year, so let's see if we can string together several wins in a row. If we don't at least go 3-1 in our next 4 we're in for a very mediocre season IMHO.

Good move

Oct 3, 2010, 12:22 AM

he actually goes up to get the ball

We could have started a Barn Door today at WR and

Oct 3, 2010, 1:25 AM

it would not have helped.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

XD should not be clasified as a WR.

Oct 3, 2010, 7:57 AM

In order to be a WR, you have to be able to CATCH THE BALL.

The drop early in the third quarter that would have put us on the 5 was a kick in the balls to the team. The pass hit him right in the hands.

I knew when he caught that ball it was too good to be true

Oct 3, 2010, 8:41 PM

None of our recievers have displayed any hands. None of them. And when he did I thought for a second a miracle had happened... I was wrong. He just delayed his dropping of the ball.

Don't be too hard on him..

Oct 4, 2010, 8:35 AM

Less than 12 months ago he was playing for Daniel. He will learn from that mistake. I predict that he will become an all ACC receiver before he is through.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very, very happy- very, very proud.

your forgetting the play just before that

Oct 4, 2010, 10:32 AM [ in reply to I knew when he caught that ball it was too good to be true ]

where he went up against the Corner and took the ball out of the sky for the first down. I have not seen any other WR we have do that.

seriously

Oct 4, 2010, 11:49 PM

not only is starting nuke a good move, it's the right one. xd obviously cannot get the job done. and i will always question his leadership abilities after he almost quit last year.

all you kp haters are IDIOTS. i almost wish dabo would have thrown tajh in there just so you could see how stupid you really are. the kid turned down almost another mil' just so he could play football another year. did any of you watch the auburn game?? did you forget what he did last year at miami overnight?!?! and i guess you all missed tajh's stellar performance against that high school team "blue hose". kp's the best qb we have and if he had any WR's to work with he'd be putting up phenomenal numbers. plain and simple, kp is a competitor. don't ever question his guts or talent.

Replies: 14
| visibility 1,788
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic