Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Swinney issues challenge to Clemson fans
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 51
| visibility 1

Sep 28, 2010, 1:42 PM

Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney issued a challenge during his weekly press conference fans who have complained about the noon kickoff for Saturday’s contest against 16th-ranked Miami. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good for him

Sep 28, 2010, 1:49 PM

I've always preferred night games, but I've never bitched about noon games. If we had night games every week, it would lose its luster.

It's a shame Dabo had to waste his time discussing this issue.

2010_donor_pickem.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There are people saving away this article

Sep 28, 2010, 1:52 PM

for when the time comes that Dabo isn't the coach here. They will pull this out and say something like he hated us all along. Mark it down.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: There are people saving away this article

Sep 28, 2010, 2:32 PM

What D-Bag idiots wrote to Dabo anyway? Like he had any influence over when the game time is. Gimme a break.

Some of the same ones who will do what I said.

Sep 28, 2010, 2:33 PM

It must have been a ton too for him to mention it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Im embarrassed as a Clemson fan thanks to those idiots***

Sep 28, 2010, 2:48 PM

I would like to know what they said

Sep 28, 2010, 7:55 PM [ in reply to Re: There are people saving away this article ]

I mean, I know it was about the time of the game, I just wonder if they did it in an accusing manner, like it was his fault or something. I wonder if any of the coaches ever read websites like this? I know if I was coach, I would NOT want the players to read any internet talk, I would find every way I could to ban it, have the admins put a filter on fan websites, something. But, there is one good thing....after a loss, and everyone melts down and starts blaming players by name, we know they cannot be reading it at that moment, because they are in the locker room, press conferences, etc. I do remember when I was a student, back in 2001, Nick Eason made a comment that I wish I had asked him about. The team was struggling that year, a lot of internet whining was going on, and he said, "the fans hate us." I know there were not students running around campus, cursing players for losing games, not unless they wanted a tail kicking. I have always wondered if Eason got that from the internet, newspapers, media members like Kornblut.....?

Re: There are people saving away this article

Sep 29, 2010, 2:18 PM [ in reply to Re: There are people saving away this article ]

I have 8 year old twins that are more mature than those complaining about the start time or anyone who would save this to use against Dabo.

I'd rather him talk about that than explain

Sep 28, 2010, 5:50 PM [ in reply to Good for him ]

why our quarterback got arrested.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Impossible not to get fired up when listening to Dabo***

Sep 28, 2010, 1:51 PM

Re: Impossible not to get fired up when listening to Dabo***

Sep 28, 2010, 1:52 PM

Hope the team feels the same way.

Re: Swinney issues challenge to Clemson fans

Sep 28, 2010, 1:55 PM

RIGHT ON! Be thankful you have Clemson to come to. We could be like Duke!
Quit griping about game times. We have no control. Put your Orange on and get to the valley. You whiney little girls sound like Coot fans.
I can't believe fans (?) would waste Dabo's game prep time whining about kickoff.
GO TIGERS! SPOT THE BALL!

Sep 28, 2010, 2:02 PM

and everyone one should take it. All i hear is how loud Auburn fans were. I think we need to remind folks around the country how loud it can get in DV.

Absolutely righ!

Sep 28, 2010, 2:20 PM

I don't know where the whining is coming from, but I'm glad Dabo is addressing it.

right!***

Sep 28, 2010, 2:21 PM

So... is everyone in agreeance that...

Sep 28, 2010, 2:40 PM

... Dabo is the right man for the job?

To have a coach that can get people fired up like this, especially to the extent that we saw this team on fire at AU, is priceless.

Is everyone at least in agreement that...

Sep 28, 2010, 3:20 PM

agreeance isn't a word that has been used since the 1600s? According to dictionary.com, it is considered obsolete and a bastardization of 'agreement' Sorry. I've been playing "Words with Friends" on the iTouch and now I have to look up every single word I don't recognize in case I need to use it in a future game. :)

Re: So... is everyone in agreeance that...

Sep 28, 2010, 5:14 PM [ in reply to So... is everyone in agreeance that... ]

I want a coach that wins. Being on fire is great and all, but we're 2-1 and haven't beaten anyone, and you're crowning the guy because he gets jacked up in a press conference. I'll take Tommy Bowden who doesn't get riled up but beats South Carolina like a drum. Everyone will change their tune immediately if things go bad at the end of November.

I hope he does well despite Terry Don Phillips, but the Dabo experiment just hasn't panned out yet. We should just be thankful that the rest of our conference is so terrible.

Sep 28, 2010, 5:33 PM

You must be a coot fan.

hasnt panned out?? in 1 year he did what bowden could not

Sep 28, 2010, 5:58 PM [ in reply to Re: So... is everyone in agreeance that... ]

his teams are more physical and are buying into him. you also got to remember he had ZERO head coaching experience. yet was able to achieve what bowden couldnt (reaching championship game) in 1 season. think about it, Dabo can only get better with more experience. I think it was a good hire and am excited for the present and future with Dabo.

Re: hasnt panned out?? in 1 year he did what bowden could not

Sep 29, 2010, 7:10 PM

I tell you one thing that is back is the physical play. The toughness I saw displayed against Auburn is something I haven't seen in awhile. Now when we go into a game, any game, I feel like we will win. I haven't felt like that since the Ford era really. I think Dabo can get us back there. Maybe even the unthinkable is obtainable in the future; another national championship. Go Tigers!!! And Go Dabo and the rest of the coaching staff!!
Chip

Sep 28, 2010, 10:05 PM [ in reply to Re: So... is everyone in agreeance that... ]

Bet u said the same thing about Danny Ford early on!

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, you're totally missing the point.

Sep 29, 2010, 8:09 AM

I hope Dabo does well. I like him. He might get the job done. My issue is that the Athletic Department took the cheap, easy way out. And they did that in the same year that they asked all of us to give MORE money. This all goes far beyond the Athletic Department as well. They don't give a ### about us and wins and loses aren't far ahead of us. They just want your money for nothing, and we're dumb enough to keep giving it to them.

Do you think Dabo will get the fans fired up again for UNC if we lose this weekend? That ra-ra crap will get you a long way, but not all the way.

results on the scoreboard is what counts***

Sep 28, 2010, 6:28 PM [ in reply to So... is everyone in agreeance that... ]

You must be a coot.***

Sep 29, 2010, 8:10 AM

His Auburn comment is spot on

Sep 28, 2010, 2:53 PM

No killer instinct was a hallmark of CTB. That is something that needs to change to be a championship team.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I challenge Swinney to fire the Scott's and hire us real

Sep 28, 2010, 4:04 PM

OL and WR coaches.

In other words...

Sep 28, 2010, 5:10 PM

You guys, the fans that we work over for millions of dollars every year, quit your b1tchin. We own you, and we don't give a crap what you say. When we slap you in the face, you better say thank you, or we'll just ignore you.

Whatever. As great as Dabo is when we ra-ras, this is no different from when IPTAY/the AD took more money from us for tickets then spent $800k on a football coach.

I'll be there Saturday for the players, but that Athletic Department can burn down for all I care.

^^^ Was one of the people that emailed Dabo....

Sep 28, 2010, 5:36 PM

and asked to change the gametime.

It's time to play Miami this weekend and people are complaining about all kinds dumb stuff this week.

EVERYONE THAT'S BITCHIN, WHINING OR COMPLAINING SHOULD GO GET THEIR DIAPER CHANGED.

STOP COMPLAINING! STOP BEING A LITTLE BABY! NOBODY MADE YOU DONATE ANYTHING, NOBODY MADE YOU BUY SEASON TICKETS. BUT, BECAUSE YOU DID, DOESN'T GIVE YOU THE RIGHT TO ACT LIKE A LITTLE 5 YEAR OLD BRAT WHEN THINGS DON'T GO YOUR WAY OR YOU DON'T LIKE WHAT HEAD COACH HAS TO SAY.

Dabo's comments are spot on and anyone that doesn't like what he said can burn.

It hurts being called out doesn't it?!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, it doesn't.

Sep 29, 2010, 8:11 AM

Does that answer your question?

Re: In other words...

Sep 28, 2010, 8:58 PM [ in reply to In other words... ]

He never said that. He said what is the truth. The coaches have no say in what time the games are played. They do their jobs, which is to have the team ready to play no matter what time the networks or Swoffy of TDP say the games are to be played. I don't like a noon game either, but I don't complain, because it serves no purpose. If the game time causes someone that much heartburn, they should pick another sport or support a team that doesn't get asked to be on TV. Otherwise man up and support your team. The players don't have any say so either. Their job is to bust their butts to try to win the game, no matter what time the game is played. Having been a player at Clemson, I liked the earlier games, because it freed up my time, but as a fan, I like the 3:30 games, because I have a 4 hour ride. I don't care if the Tigers play at 4AM, I'm going to be there and support them and be all in. Let's all act that way!!! The players work so hard to put a great game together. Just support them, no matter what!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You must've missed the part in my post where I said

Sep 29, 2010, 8:13 AM

"I'll be there for the players"

You're a real peach aren't'cha.***

Sep 28, 2010, 8:59 PM [ in reply to In other words... ]

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people who ask questions.

Re: You're a real peach aren't'cha.***

Sep 28, 2010, 9:31 PM

I'm a Tiger fan. Nothing more, nothing less. I don't know what your comment meant, but it sounded kind of snide. If you want to act like a jerk, then FGF might be a spot for you.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think that was pointed to DonnerJD coot...not you Duga***

Sep 28, 2010, 9:55 PM

Re: I think that was pointed to DonnerJD coot...not you Duga***

Sep 28, 2010, 10:10 PM

Thanks for clearing that up. I couldn't imagine that what I said would draw a reply like that, especially from a guy with that many posts and that many points.

I sure am. Anything else?***

Sep 29, 2010, 8:16 AM [ in reply to You're a real peach aren't'cha.*** ]

I don't consider a noon kickoff

Sep 28, 2010, 10:18 PM [ in reply to In other words... ]

a slap in the face. Actually, it's an excuse for me to take a half day off on Friday. :)

Forecast- 75 degrees, clear, 5mph breeze. A PERFECT DAY!!!

Sep 28, 2010, 5:43 PM

What's wrong with noon? You can party until 2AM, get up by 10:30AM, and still make it over to the game by noon. You can get stuff done afterwards or watch football on TV or tailgate and party. You can drive long distances to and from Clemson in the daylight without having to spend money on a hotel.

If the stadium is electric then it will impress the recruits and help Clemson win Saturday and in the future, which should lead to later time slots.

Define long distances in the daylight

Sep 28, 2010, 6:08 PM

If you live long distance most of your driving will be in the dark. 6 hours each way equals 3-4am leaving house.....out of the game at 4pm....sounds like mostly dark driving.....just sayin...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

< 4-5 hours.***

Sep 29, 2010, 1:03 PM

Re: I'll b there, no matter the time, yelling from TDS!!!***

Sep 28, 2010, 6:10 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Me too, but the majority of people busting the people that

Sep 28, 2010, 6:13 PM

drive a long ways live within two hours.....that is a drive in the country.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Me too, but the majority of people busting the people that

Sep 28, 2010, 6:17 PM

I'm driving 6 hours one way. I drove the same for the PC game and I was able to go to the Auburn game. I am lucky to be in Alabama during the begining of football season. I will be driving with my wife and three kids from Oklahoma for the GT game! 18 hours one way,,,,,,I just have to take advantage of the chances I get....probably going to be deployed for the '11 season.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

God bless you

Sep 28, 2010, 6:49 PM

and I have the 6 hour commute each way as well.

And I ain't as young as I used to be.

Re: Swinney issues challenge to Clemson fans - Butttttt

Sep 28, 2010, 7:27 PM

my humble opinion is that he was part of the problem at Auburn...had he not been laughing and so slap happy before the half maybe the team would have remained serious enough to put the game away.
Other that that - great speech.
Go Tigers!

Actually, if we had beat Auburn, we would be on TV at 3:30

Sep 28, 2010, 9:33 PM

or later. So, from the standpoint that a loss caused us to play at Noon, the coaches and players share responsibility and could have done something about it.

Having said that, we cannot undo the Auburn game, and we are now on at 12pm, so I am in agreement with Dabo on the point that people should quit whining and just support the team.

No matter what, the valley should be rocking. Please don't come out flat like we did against UNC when we played them at Noon a few years back. That was a homecoming nightmare.

Sep 28, 2010, 10:06 PM

Someone please explain to me why its such a big deal about the time?? I drive 3-4 hours one way and I'll be just as loud as I would at 330p or 7p...does it have to do with TV or how our team is perceived? Or are some people just too lazy to get up for the noon game? Pardon my frankness, but I just don't get it!
I'm glad that Dabo addressed it but he shouldn't have felt the need to...its crazy to think that he would have anything to do with the time.
Further more, he's the head coach. Regardless if you think he should be, he is...so get behind him or stay home on Saturday with the coots....
:)GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!

Sep 28, 2010, 10:34 PM

Amen!!!

Sep 28, 2010, 11:03 PM

The only thing that bothers me about the time is the way recruits will look at it. This is Clemson's biggest game at home and we get it at 12. Then you see FSU and Miami next week are primetime espn. We arent even on ESPN we are on ESPN 2. Im not whining by any means ill still be out there bright and early, just disappointed was looking forward to a night game. I guess all it means is we have to win more games and earn it, which will start on saturday. GO Tigers

Sep 29, 2010, 2:28 PM

Flying in from Denver with no tickets. I don't care what time it starts. If we are enthusiastic and impressive enough, the recruits will probably not care either.

Awesome

Sep 28, 2010, 11:32 PM

Nothing better than a coach telling fair weather fans to Sierra Tango Foxtrot Uniform.

Dabo is the man!

Message was edited by: DCTiger2K®

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 51
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic