Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson loses heartbreaker on the Plains
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

Sep 19, 2010, 12:14 AM

A dominating first half, a wild third quarter, a gut check fourth quarter and a missed field goal in overtime all led to a 27-24 for 16th-ranked Auburn over Clemson on Saturday night. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

nice to have

Sep 19, 2010, 12:26 AM

Doesn't mean anything if you win the ACC

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hate to see 'em lose, but it was a good game, 2 good teams

Sep 19, 2010, 1:21 PM

Two evenly matched teams. Somebody had to lose. The game actually gives me hope because the Tigers performed better than I expected on defense, and played hard-nosed football against a good Auburn team. If Clemson corrects a few mistakes, there's no reason why they can't win the Atlantic, if not the ACC... and beat SCar.

I was (for the first time since the UMD game last year) disappointed in the play calling. There were far too many dropped passes. The refs seemed to be working against us much of the game (though the illegal snap call was the correct call). But there was also some excellent play by Clemson on both sides of the ball for 4+ quarters. I'm very encouraged by the offense, defense, and the fortitude this team showed.

Go Tigers!

"Somebody had to loose"

Sep 19, 2010, 1:39 PM

Wow, sounds like a loosing mentality to me. You've listened to a few too many Tommy Bowden press conferences.

Grow up. At least I know how to spell "lose".***

Sep 19, 2010, 3:49 PM

you spelled loose wrong

Sep 19, 2010, 4:13 PM

;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Haha...what a "looser"

Sep 20, 2010, 10:09 AM [ in reply to "Somebody had to loose" ]

FAIL

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson loses heartbreaker on the Plains

Sep 19, 2010, 1:30 PM

That loss was a tough pill to swallow. Clemson outplayed Auburn for most of the game, but couldn't make the plays at the end to come up with the victory. I'm proud of Clemson and the way that they played in light of the fact that most people expected that Auburn would not only beat Clemson, but beat Clemson pretty handily. That was far from the case.

Last night's game ranks right up there with Boise St. - Va. Tech as the game of the year so far. I haven't seen a game that physical in a while. Both teams punched each other in the mouth all night long and you can't say that this Clemson team is not a physical football team. DaQuan Bowers, Andre Branch and DeAndre McDaniel played like men out there last night. Andre Ellington and Jaime Harper are proving to be quite a RB tandem (Harper's 2nd TD reception was one of the catches of the year), the offensive line is physical and never backed down, and Kyle Parker is one tough dude.

For one of the few times this year, Clemson showed that an ACC team can stand toe to toe and play head up with a good team from an BCS conference (unlike FSU against Oklahoma, Wake Forest against Stanford, and Miami against Ohio St.). If Clemson can recover mentally and physically from this game (and Kyle Parker isn't too beat up and hurt), Clemson has an excellent shot of making it back to the ACC Championship game. Before the season, I thought that Clemson would go either 9-3 or 10-2 and make it back to the title game. Last night's performance doesn't make me waver from that one bit. Even though Clemson lost, the Tigers look like they may be the best team in the ACC at this point. If there's such a thing as a moral victory, last night's game was it.

Sep 19, 2010, 1:34 PM

If Auburn loses next week to USC, Steve Spurrier should give Dabo Swinney a call or text thanking Clemson for softening Auburn up. Auburn left everything out there last night. That was a very physical, very hard hitting, emotional game last night and I don't know if they'll recover enough to beat USC. Thank goodness that Clemson is off next week because last night was a very tough game.

Sep 19, 2010, 2:35 PM

but there are some losses from which you can walk away with your head high, and this was one. Clemson showed the world they are contenders. If the last pass was 6" to the left, we win! It was that close. I am sick of people buying into the media bullcrap that one loss ends your season.

I saw a team that gave it their all, played smash mouth football, and left their guts on the field. I saw a team that could very well be in the Orange Bowl come the New Year!

Dabo has given this team an intensity I haven't seen in a long time. I'm looking forward to good things.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 20, 2010, 1:35 AM

Could not agree with you more icebucket. Clemson stood up and fought toe to toe with Auburn when a whole lot of people expected them to get beat handily. If they comeback and beat Miami on Oct. 2, I expect Clemson to have a very good season. The key will be if the defense continues to play like they did last night and the offense steadily improves. From what I've seen, even though Clemson isn't ranked, they are a top 25 caliber team and could beat some teams that are currently ranked. Go Clemson!!!

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic