Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Power Line 2010
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 2,436

Power Line 2010

Aug 22, 2010, 2:55 PM

Power Line 2010

The 2006 offensive line was a dominant rushing group that had a reputation as being a bit nasty, and current lineman Landon Walker thinks this group can match them on that point – with a little extra. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The 2006 line was, indeed, nasty. This line has

Aug 22, 2010, 3:26 PM

better size and athleticism, however. It could be a really good year if the defense lives up to their potential.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

It kills me how many people think 2006 line is a good....

Aug 22, 2010, 4:38 PM

measuring stick. I guess they are young folks with no point of reference to the late 80's.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

good to me is when you can pick up third and one or two

Aug 22, 2010, 4:44 PM

near the end of the game. This would be when everyone knows you will run it. that was almost never a strong point in CTB teams. I don't remeber '06 being wespecially good in that area. Maybe I'm overlooking it but doesn't really spring to mind that they were all that strong.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't think it is that

Aug 22, 2010, 4:52 PM [ in reply to It kills me how many people think 2006 line is a good.... ]

I think it is that 2006 was the first good offensive line Clemson has really had since the Ford era.

^^^That

Aug 22, 2010, 4:58 PM

And I agree, you have to be one of us old farts to appreciate the dominating lines of the 80s.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It wasn't that good. That's the point.***

Aug 22, 2010, 4:59 PM [ in reply to I don't think it is that ]

Re: It wasn't that good. That's the point.***

Aug 22, 2010, 5:00 PM

It was the best we'd had in about 15 yrs.

Probably, but Clemson needs to stop measuring.....

Aug 22, 2010, 5:03 PM

itself by what has happened over the last 15 years. if that is what we strive for, we will remain mediocre. It's time to really get mean, nasty, and fundamentally sound again and start kicking some ###.

No, the point

Aug 22, 2010, 5:02 PM [ in reply to It wasn't that good. That's the point.*** ]

is that Clemson has not had outstanding lines since the Danny Ford era, and now in Dabo's second year, it looks like Clemson may have the best line since Ford.

I hope so. My problem is the constant comparisons to....

Aug 22, 2010, 5:05 PM

an average 2006 line. Hope they are better than that.

2006 line was good

Aug 22, 2010, 6:18 PM [ in reply to It kills me how many people think 2006 line is a good.... ]

at least until Roman Fry got hurt. Not saying they were as good as some of Ford's lines but as far as recent history goes; that was the best line in the last 10 years until Roman Fry went down.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It kills me how many people think 2006 line is a good....

Aug 22, 2010, 11:08 PM [ in reply to It kills me how many people think 2006 line is a good.... ]

Truthfully, we haven't had a good OL since BS has been the OL coach. I hope this line is much better than anything we had in 2006.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I bet they consistently played 12 every game in the 80's

Aug 23, 2010, 4:55 PM [ in reply to It kills me how many people think 2006 line is a good.... ]

They had a lot that could play...you couldn't really tell who was or wasn't on the field....they were real good.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Powerline '89!***

Aug 22, 2010, 5:12 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Re: Powerline '89!***

Aug 22, 2010, 5:29 PM

Now you're talkin'

Absolute control of the line of scrimmage...

Aug 22, 2010, 7:21 PM

It ain't sexy like bubble screens, but it wins football games.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

2006 Line Never Had a Chance

Aug 22, 2010, 7:37 PM

The 2006 line would have been remembered as being a whole lot better if we could have thrown the darn ball. Once VT exposed Proctor's weak arm and shaken confidence we were done. Everyone just stacked 9 in the box after that game. Until we played Kentucky (weakest run defense in a BCS conference that year) and only let Davis and Spiller touch it 13 times? We really pissed away some talent from 2005 to 2008.

Re: Absolute control of the line of scrimmage...

Aug 23, 2010, 7:31 AM [ in reply to Absolute control of the line of scrimmage... ]

There's nothing sexy about throwing for negative yardage.

^^^ got the bumper sticker ^^^***

Aug 23, 2010, 9:05 AM [ in reply to Powerline '89!*** ]

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

I gots the poster still.***

Aug 23, 2010, 2:38 PM [ in reply to Powerline '89!*** ]

Re: Powerline '89!***

Aug 23, 2010, 4:54 PM [ in reply to Powerline '89!*** ]

i am proud to say that i witnessed that line up close and personal! i still have my Powerline '89 t-shirt... can't wear it anymore, but my son gets tiger tales on a regular about that line!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Power Line 2010

Aug 23, 2010, 6:40 AM

Just do it like Danny did it. Play great defense and run,run,run the ball. That's the way good teams win games.We seem to have a stable of good running backs,therefore we should just wear the opponents down,by pushing them into the end zone every drive.2010 is the year!!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Seems like we've heard similar talk every year...

Aug 23, 2010, 9:37 AM

It was certainly a joke under that jellyfish Bowden. This is the year that we find out whether it's anything more than just talk with Dabo and Brad.

Honestly, I wish they'd just ST EFF Up and get it done on the field. Show us some results. Talk means nothing.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Power Line 2010

Aug 23, 2010, 2:22 PM

Does anyone know the latest on Tyler Fowler. I thought he was the #2 RG at the conclusion of Spring. But he has not been mentioned as one of the first 8 or 9 for the OL lately.

Replies: 24
| visibility 2,436
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic