Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Miller Leads Team USA Baseball With .441 Batting Average This Summer
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 2,748

Aug 7, 2010, 8:46 PM

Clemson rising junior shortstop Brad Miller led Team USA Baseball with a .441 batting average during the summer. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

now if he could just work on that defense...***

Aug 7, 2010, 8:58 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He only made 1 E in 27 chances, .963 FA.***

Aug 7, 2010, 9:16 PM

Re: now if he could just work on that defense...***

Aug 8, 2010, 12:54 AM [ in reply to now if he could just work on that defense...*** ]

should probably find out the whole story before you make an idiotic post like that. 1 error all summer.

^^^ Didn't read the whole article^^^...

Aug 8, 2010, 1:20 AM [ in reply to now if he could just work on that defense...*** ]

I get so sick of the constant bashing of Brad Miller.

Re: now if he could just work on that defense...***

Aug 8, 2010, 1:31 AM [ in reply to now if he could just work on that defense...*** ]

I am sure he is aware that he needs to make some improvements on defense, and he does not need for us to let him know about it. It's good that he is on this team, and playing baseball right now. It will give him a chance to work on his game, and whatever improvements that need to be made. And he is likely around some better coaches. Not saying our coaches are bad, but this is team USA. He might find a coach that will show him what mistakes he is making on every aspect of his game. They may be able to show him just one simple little mistake he is making in fielding, which can possibly make a 100% turn around in his game.

I think what he need to do...

Aug 8, 2010, 1:53 AM

is slow down some and not rush his throws. He also could use to just hold on to the ball sometimes instead of always trying to make an out at first base. It's better to let a batter reach on an infield single than to overthrow first and put him on second, or maybe even third. There's a feature article on him on Baseball America that talks about his athleticism, but I'm not a subscriber and can't read the whole thing.

This is very interesting

Aug 8, 2010, 3:46 AM

What you said could be it, and I will add in another thing, and that is his confidence. Baseball is a very mental game, you could be perfect and without errors for the first three quarters of the season, and one bad play could possibly mess you up mentally, and the last quarter of the season, you are commiting that same bad play over and over again. I think back to the nineties, when Mark Wohlers was the Braves closer. In the '96 world series against the Yankees, he gave up a devestaing home run, that changed the momentum of the world series, and changed him forever.

And this is a key word I have never heard of, and is very interesting. Steve Blass Disease--->a psychological block which manifests itself when baseball players overthink the act of throwing a baseball and consequently become unable to throw with any sort of control.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Blass_disease

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Wohlers

I don't know if this is just a disease pitchers have, or infield guys as well, that have to throw to first and second base a lot. A lot of Miller's errors may not have come from throwing the baseball, but just the fact that baseball players can lose their game mentally is probably proof itself, I think that it could effect anyone. Clemson fans need to remember this before blasting Miller all of the time. True fans will give him support, and encourage him, because that could maybe help him even more.

I do wonder if Brad will play 2B for Clemson next year

Aug 8, 2010, 12:23 PM [ in reply to I think what he need to do... ]

with Freeman gone, or remain at SS.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 2,748
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic