Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
College World Series bound!!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

Jun 14, 2010, 5:10 PM

The Clemson Tigers took themselves to the brink yet again, but got a strong pitching performance from a freshman and two home runs from another as they held on to beat Alabama 8-6 on Monday and secure a berth in the College World Series. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You guys are going to give me a heart attack one day.

Jun 14, 2010, 5:15 PM

Great win tigers. Wow

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

as I've explained to football, hoops, and now baseball

Jun 14, 2010, 5:19 PM

there is no big inheritance for CU for causing an early death due to stress. all they do is lose a fan and a ticket holder

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You guys are going to give me a heart attack one day.

Jun 14, 2010, 6:06 PM [ in reply to You guys are going to give me a heart attack one day. ]

I just wish one day that we'll be a club that closes things out instead of keeping the other team around. It's very frustrating but I am glad we pulled it off.

Re: You guys are going to give me a heart attack one day.

Jun 14, 2010, 6:55 PM

The toughest game in the world. A man fails 70% of the time and goes to the Hall of Fame.

Why did Leggett tap Brady to pitch for Frederick in the 9th?

Jun 14, 2010, 7:47 PM

I'm not much of a baseball fan, but I don't understand why Leggett put Brady in to start the 9th inning with an 8-1 lead and with a relatively fresh Frederick killing 'em for 2.1 innings. Was it to give the redshirt frosh some more big-game experience? Or is Leggett getting kickbacks from the local cardioligists? Or some other reason? I don't understand.

Re: Why did Leggett tap Brady to pitch for Frederick in the 9th?

Jun 15, 2010, 5:52 AM

I am a baseball guy and have the same question? Frederick was really strong. I hope someone gets Leggett to answer this question!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why did Leggett tap Brady to pitch for Frederick in the 9th?

Jun 15, 2010, 6:25 AM

I don't understand either as Frederick was cruising. Brady has developed into the unofficial "closer" so I guess Jack was further developing that role for him for the immediate future-didn't work but maybe the experience will pay off soon.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not an unusual move at all. Brady has been designated

Jun 15, 2010, 7:09 AM [ in reply to Why did Leggett tap Brady to pitch for Frederick in the 9th? ]

as our closer and had not worked since Auburn. We are going to need him ready for Omaha and it seemed a good opportunity to get him some work.

The HR ball he gave up can only be described as freakish. Way off the plate and up in the guys eyes and he hits it out right down the RF line. 2 of the next 3 singles were a chopper off the plate that carried 45 feet and a seeing eye single. And then Miller--good grief.

One of those "it's baseball innings". We survived and its on to Omaha.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Orange Googlers Unite

Save Tigernet--Boot the coots(you know who I mean).

HOF material right there***

Jun 15, 2010, 12:42 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

hear hear***

Jun 15, 2010, 12:53 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

great explaination.***

Jun 15, 2010, 12:55 PM [ in reply to Not an unusual move at all. Brady has been designated ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks for the explanation!***

Jun 15, 2010, 8:27 PM [ in reply to Not an unusual move at all. Brady has been designated ]

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic