Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Napier talks quarterbacks
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 2,105

May 7, 2010, 8:46 PM

Clemson offensive coordinator sat down recently to discuss Tajh Boyd's development, and what Clemson fans can expect out of returning starter Kyle Parker in September. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Napier talks quarterbacks

May 7, 2010, 9:10 PM

That doesn't sound horribly encouraging about Boyd. Looks like those first 2 games are going to be make or break for him if Parker leaves.

I have yet to hear a coach say about Boyd, "This guy

May 8, 2010, 12:58 AM

can get it done." Sounds either like a guy who is over confident and needs reminding he's not there yet, or like a guy missing every read and every decision, or both. Doesn't sound good either way.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I have yet to hear a coach say about Boyd, "This guy

May 8, 2010, 1:27 PM

Hey, who knows, maybe he'll be a Jacory Harris (minus the interceptions).

I've got a feeling he's a little overconfident seeing as how he was such a big time recruit and has had huge success in the past. I am very confident in this coaching staff's ability to coach him into a solid player either way though.

Judging from the spring game and the practice reports...

May 8, 2010, 3:58 PM [ in reply to I have yet to hear a coach say about Boyd, "This guy ]

He needs to learn to throw to somebody other than Dwayne Allen.

Re: Napier talks quarterbacks

May 8, 2010, 9:54 AM [ in reply to Re: Napier talks quarterbacks ]

What kind of "coach speak" do you expect regarding a guy who has never played a down?

Something tells me Boyd is going to be the guy next year...***

May 8, 2010, 3:05 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Something tells me Boyd is going to be the guy next year...***

May 8, 2010, 10:45 AM

I think that Napier has handled this extremely well. Do you expect him to say that Boyd is ready to be the no.1 quarterback at this point? I am confident with where we are at this position and with the players and coach involved. I do think that it will be important to get Boyd some quality playing time early (and often). I have seen him play in practice and he has the skills. You just don't become a star D-1 QB over night. As we all know, the OL is the key. I am still not convinced that Clemson has the horses up front.

ReI think that maybe Billy is playing his cards close to his

May 8, 2010, 1:40 PM

chest. And not give TB the idea that he thinks TB is ready now, just to knock him down a knotch to get a better fall pratice out of him. You never let a player think that he is there for the fact to get as much out of them he can extrack from the. When someone thinks they are the best, they don't think they have to put forth anything different to make them selve better. Keep them rained in to get the best they have to offfer. Thats what it sounds like what Billy is doing to get TB to be all he can be.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ReI think that maybe Billy is playing his cards close to his

May 8, 2010, 1:54 PM

Obviously the big issue is Boyd's adjustment to the college game. In high school he could rely on athletic ability alone since he was better than most of his competition. The shock to the system is when you discover that you aren't head and sholders above everybody else and then you adjust mentailly. Thats where a lot of star QBs fail, they can't adjust to the skill level on defense. Sounds like thats where Boyd is now - in the adjustment process. Its all up to him and his desire now....

Replies: 9
| visibility 2,105
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic