Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Ricky Sapp turning NFL heads
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1,891

Mar 12, 2010, 1:01 PM

The NFL Combine can be a make-or-break proposition for many NFL hopefuls, the stop watches and dozens of tests over-riding college performances as National Football League teams dissect potential draftees from top to bottom. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sapp will be missed on defense as much as Spiller will be on

Mar 12, 2010, 1:41 PM

offense.

Re: Sapp will be missed on defense as much as Spiller will be on

Mar 12, 2010, 2:38 PM

No he want, we have plenty of talent at DE. Spiller was a game changer, Sapp wasn't.

Mar 12, 2010, 2:48 PM

There's talent at DE. But as good as the former 5 star Sapp, who is "turning NFL heads"? No. Sapps replacement, Andre Branch, will do a solid job. But he is no Ricky Sapp.

Mar 12, 2010, 3:12 PM [ in reply to Re: Sapp will be missed on defense as much as Spiller will be on ]

Agreed! Not even close.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You guys are right. Branch is nastier. Branch is a Beast.

Mar 12, 2010, 8:12 PM

He will end up being very very useful. Hate to see Sapp go, he was awesome,but were in good shape at DE. Oh, and wait till Goodman gets it. Beast in the making. The future is bright up front.

Not even close. Sapp wasn't that great. Look at NCAA stats

Mar 13, 2010, 2:54 PM [ in reply to Sapp will be missed on defense as much as Spiller will be on ]

Sapp was good, which is why he was invited to the NFL combine, but (perhaps because of the knee injury) he wasn't that great at Clemson. Spiller was great. Look at the NCAA stats for last season.
http://web1.ncaa.org/mfb/natlRank.jsp?year=2009&div=IA&site=org

Spiller ranks among the best in every relevant offensive category, rushing, all-purpose, points, scoring, etc.

Sapp is ranked in the top 100 in only one of the defensive categories (TFL) and at that, he's only ranked #67. I don't think it's because he drew that many double-teams-- unlike some DE game-changers that we played like TCU's Jerry Hughes or GT's Derrick Morgan.

I hope Sapp's knee gets to 100% and he becomes a legend in the NFL. But he wasn't the Spiller of Clemson's defense, by any means. (Heck, McDaniel was a bigger game changer.) And I'm not sure we'll see much, if any, drop-off at DE next season.

Replies: 6
| visibility 1,891
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic