Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TigerNet Talk #79: Seventeen Years
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1,185

Nov 5, 2009, 9:21 AM

Since Florida State’s arrival in the league, Clemson has failed to expand on their once-proud conference championship legacy. Seventeen years, zero championships. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You Left Out the Abscense of Danny Ford

Nov 5, 2009, 9:52 AM

I cannot believe that in that article you failed to mention the departure of Danny Ford as having something to do with Clemson's down fall..........

I don't disagree with much of what you said, but when Clemson ran DF out and brought the Bible-thumping yes man Ken Hatfield in was the beginning of the end. The when he was ran out of town, it got worse with hires.....the powers at Clemson chose to go cheap in coaches after Hatfield and you got cheap...and it darn near ruined us.

Had Clemson ponied up after Hatfield and paid the big buck to get a "ringer" in the early ninieties, we be in a very different situation.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

Re: You Left Out the Abscense of Danny Ford

Nov 5, 2009, 11:10 AM

Abscense? Come on, buy a dictionary. It's embarrassing when posts like this appear.

As for Danny Ford, he brought a lot to Clemson - a lot of shame which still dogs the University to this day. That National Championship, however great it felt then, turned out to be the start of a scandal.

We don't need Danny Ford or his memory haunting us any longer.

Saturday will tell the tale for Dabo. Wins in situations like this are what separates the men from the boys. We'll see. Clemson has to win out to get into the championship game, and NC State and Virginia could very well upset the apple cart. Remember Maryland? Clemson has a way of playing down to the competition. In my 40 plus years of following Clemson Football I know that no victory is assured, no team is bad enough that they can't beat us. I was at Virginia's first win over the Tigers. It was humiliating.

Clemson Football is not a team you can give your heart to - unless you like having it broken several times a year. Prove me wrong Tigers - PLEASE!

I was at that Punt Rooskie game by the way.

I think you will be in the minority opinion on this issue

Nov 5, 2009, 12:41 PM

Also,

I apologize for my typo. Had I know it would have offended you in such a manner, I would have proofed my note. Please forgive me for it was not my intention to uspset you.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

Florida State entering the conference had little to do with

Nov 5, 2009, 8:47 PM

Clemsons decline. If FSU had been the only obstacle Clemson would have finished second every year. That is not the case.

Since they joined there have been three 2nd place finishes,

Nov 5, 2009, 9:22 PM

That would be three years of major bowl games, three years of better recruiting, etc.

I'm not saying we would have won every year, but there run during the 1990's made us second tier in a league where we were once number 1 consistently.

If you take out 1975 & 1976 from the years before FSU we only lost 37 games. It's not all about FSU, but having them in the league took a lot of the wind out of our program.

There were also other issues, but I think zero championships since they joined says it all.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgtnt_user_logo.pngbadge-ringofhonor-elswann.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 5
| visibility 1,185
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic