Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Saturday Football Practice Brief
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 2,229

Aug 22, 2009, 2:12 PM

Clemson held a two-hour practice in Memorial Stadium on Saturday morning. The Tigers will break for Fan Appreciation Day on Sunday. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Why do we keep having short practices?!?" - Some TNET guru

Aug 22, 2009, 2:39 PM

;)

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We need to be preparing for GT not freakin Middle Tennessee

Aug 22, 2009, 4:12 PM

MT is a high school team and then we only have 4 days to prepare for Georgia Tech which is an actual decent team. Dabo is gonna mess us up if he only prepares for MT and only gives us 4 day preperation against GT. That is not a smart move right there.

I guess you missed the post last week where someone mistook

Aug 22, 2009, 4:25 PM

"Football Practice Brief" (as in Practice Report) for "Football Practice, Brief" (as in short practice).

On a separate note, I don't disagree that MTSU will be a relatively easy game, but I would ask MD how good that high school team is. I doubt seriously that the next 2 weeks is going to be game planning exclusively for MTSU either. It's a way to avoid giving another team bulletin board material.

Give Dabo a break........

Aug 22, 2009, 4:47 PM

Has the man given you any reason to doubt what he's doing so far? He's been spot on everything he has said and done to date. If we look like the Tigers of recent past after a few games then have it, but it helps to be positive and believe in him right now.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I assume you meant this for the post above mine...***

Aug 23, 2009, 10:08 AM

sort of had a short week for GT last time

Aug 23, 2009, 10:51 AM [ in reply to I guess you missed the post last week where someone mistook ]

we did ok and really should have won. I'm sure the guys will figure a way to do necessary prep

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I would advise against that mindset" --Lloyd Carr******

Aug 22, 2009, 4:27 PM [ in reply to We need to be preparing for GT not freakin Middle Tennessee ]

Like Dabo is gonna say "Duh I'm preparing for GT" comon get

Aug 22, 2009, 4:54 PM [ in reply to We need to be preparing for GT not freakin Middle Tennessee ]

a clue

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

what if dabo said, "I"m not worried about MTSU, we're

Aug 22, 2009, 5:45 PM [ in reply to We need to be preparing for GT not freakin Middle Tennessee ]

preparing for GT now"

media would be all over him and MTSU would use it for bulletin board.

give the guy credit for fooling you....;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If he said that then it would be the best quote of all-time

Aug 22, 2009, 9:19 PM

and he would gain like 5000 cool points from me

You are the last ZIMA drinker on the planet aren't you

Aug 22, 2009, 11:26 PM

you know you are....

null

LOL...not sure "cool pts" pay the bills***

Aug 22, 2009, 11:27 PM [ in reply to If he said that then it would be the best quote of all-time ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not too hard to fool a ten year old******

Aug 23, 2009, 12:34 PM [ in reply to what if dabo said, "I"m not worried about MTSU, we're ]

I think you get ready to play your game

Aug 22, 2009, 6:00 PM [ in reply to We need to be preparing for GT not freakin Middle Tennessee ]

Do what you do very well. Its always football.

Why would you do that? NCSU is nothing like GT.***

Aug 22, 2009, 7:27 PM [ in reply to We need to be preparing for GT not freakin Middle Tennessee ]

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people who ask questions.

MTSU beat MD last year. MD beat us and cost TB his job.

Aug 22, 2009, 7:31 PM [ in reply to We need to be preparing for GT not freakin Middle Tennessee ]

Yes - we should look at them as a high school team.

I think NOT!

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: MTSU beat MD last year. MD beat us and cost TB his job.

Aug 22, 2009, 7:49 PM

If MTSU beats us, then GT really means nothing. I'm pretty sure they won't, but how do you teach a team to focus on 1 game at a time when you look past your first game? Let's face it, the ACC schedule makers stuck it too us, a Thursday road game against the toughest team to prepare for in the league. We'll be underdogs and much won't be expected. But you win a game like that.....that sets you up for a special season. lose it, and well, it's what was expected.

posts like yours irritate me

Aug 22, 2009, 9:00 PM [ in reply to We need to be preparing for GT not freakin Middle Tennessee ]

You be a fan and let the coaches coach. I promise they know better than you.

read the guy above you, the acc guys screwed us big time

Aug 22, 2009, 9:23 PM

The only way to overcome it is to overlook a weak MTSU team and prepare fully for GT. GT is the second best team in the ACC behind us and MTSU is some division 4 school that you never hear of.

Re: We need to be preparing for GT not freakin Middle Tennessee

Aug 22, 2009, 10:06 PM [ in reply to We need to be preparing for GT not freakin Middle Tennessee ]

I certainly wouldn't hold MTSU in the league with high school teams. They will be a well coached group who will do a lot of things right. That said, we should be preparing for GT up until the week prior to our game with MTSU, and that week we should prepare for them, just as we would for any other team for an in season game. Then after the MTSU game, we should go back and hone in on the GT game plan we should be implementing now. There will be tweaks that will be needed after seeing GT play their first game, but that is the way to handle the GT game, IMHO.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 22, 2009, 11:23 PM

How good do you think we are that we can overlook teams and still beat them. We need to spend some time on GT because of the short week, but obviously you don't overlook anyone...especially a team that beat Maryland who beat us at home last year.

Aug 23, 2009, 8:21 AM

I never suggested that we overlook MTSU. In my post I suggested we focus more attention prior to game week on preparing for, what is believed by most, a very good and challenging GT team. I suggested that we prepare for MTSU in the normal game week preparation, just as we would for any other team we prepare for in season. After that game we go back and pick up with the final touches for GT. MTSU is not an option team, and their schemes are not that different from ours or others we play. GT is different, and needs the extra attention. Surely you didn't want to spend 3 weeks preparing for MTSU and 4 days to get ready for GT?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 22, 2009, 11:49 PM [ in reply to We need to be preparing for GT not freakin Middle Tennessee ]

Mentality like that WILL cause you to lose ballgames! Dabo is smarter than that.

GO TIGERS!!!

Exactly what Michigan was thinking...

Aug 23, 2009, 9:18 AM [ in reply to We need to be preparing for GT not freakin Middle Tennessee ]

before the App State Game... Dumb@ss

His statemetn spoke volumes

Aug 23, 2009, 10:15 AM [ in reply to We need to be preparing for GT not freakin Middle Tennessee ]

“Monday we will start two weeks of pure game plan practices for Middle Tennessee. It is the most important game of the year.”

It is a mindset and attitude....That is how you keep focused. I say CDS is doing the right things. I am sure he is aware of whom is on his schedule and what needs to be done.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Aug 23, 2009, 11:00 AM [ in reply to We need to be preparing for GT not freakin Middle Tennessee ]

The biggest mistake we can make is to look past MT. They upset Maryland in the opener last year. If we don't beat them it really doesn't matter what we do against GT. Our biggest weakness in the past has been not beating the teams we should beat.

Aug 23, 2009, 12:45 PM

Blocking and tackling is the name of the game ...regardless of the opponent, If you can do both better than your opponent... you have a great chance to be successful. Eliminate turnovers and have a good kicking game further enhances your chances for success. Somehow I know Dabo is preparing that way for all opponents. PLAY TO WIN!

Replies: 27
| visibility 2,229
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic