Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Swinney Talks to Media About Spring and Quarterback Battle
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 2,211

Apr 15, 2009, 5:06 PM

Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney talked to the media on Wednesday, and talked about the spring and the competition at different spots on the roster. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Swinney Talks to Media About Spring and Quarterback Battle

Apr 15, 2009, 5:13 PM

ON TAKING THE STAFF TO AUSTIN TO VISIT THE LONGHORN STAFF

“We actually took the whole staff out to Texas, really looking at their program as a whole. From a head coaching standpoint, you want to take them somewhere where they are doing a great job. I have a lot of respect for Coach Brown, because he has won big at Texas, won at North Carolina. We have won a national championship here, and it has been a long time. When Mack Brown went there, it had been since 1970 since they had won one, and then they won it in 2005. I was interested in visiting them to see what he did when he took over in getting people to believe and the change the culture. It was a great experience for me – it was almost like sitting down and having the Cliff Notes of Coaching 101. From an X’s and O’s standpoint, we are similar in a lot of ways. On defense, they are an attacking-type defense like we want to be. I took six pages of coaching notes, but I think what I learned most is that Clemson is a very special job. The grass is not always greener on the other side. We are very blessed.

I wonder what he means by that?

Stab at David Blackwell I think***

Apr 15, 2009, 5:22 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

South Florida or Central Fl. whatever it is a better job?***

Apr 15, 2009, 6:53 PM

Apr 15, 2009, 5:33 PM [ in reply to Re: Swinney Talks to Media About Spring and Quarterback Battle ]

Coach Swinney talked about that trip at some length in the IPTAY meeting saturday.I think that he was referring to some of the coaching jobs that became available this season (Auburn, Tenn. etc). He mentioned how much he and his wife really liked it here versus being in Birmingham earlier. He said with all things being equal,($$$$$) Clemson was the best place to be! The comment was also made by one of the athletic dept. guys that if they had known what they had in Dabo they would have done something quicker. This was said in a joking way but I saw a lot of smiles from most in attendence! I hope that you all can suport him 110%.

Apr 15, 2009, 5:54 PM

I think what he was saying was that not everything at Texas was better, and that physically, everything Clemson needs to succeed is already here.

Re: Swinney Talks to Media About Spring and Quarterback Batt

Apr 15, 2009, 6:53 PM

That's one thing Bowden did do well - start a much-needed facilities upgrade.

Maybe he was complimenting our turfgrass department***

Apr 15, 2009, 8:02 PM [ in reply to Re: Swinney Talks to Media About Spring and Quarterback Battle ]

He spoke about this a few weeks ago and said that a lot of

Apr 15, 2009, 8:41 PM [ in reply to Re: Swinney Talks to Media About Spring and Quarterback Battle ]

the things Clemson has that are really nice folks take for granted. He mentioned specifically how the Texas players had to load up on buses and head to their practice fields every day. Then, when they finish practice, they all load back up and head back to the locker rooms. Just talked about how nice Clemson's facilities are as a total package.

Apr 15, 2009, 10:09 PM [ in reply to Re: Swinney Talks to Media About Spring and Quarterback Battle ]

I think he meant that Texas is brown and dusty and what little grass they have--dies. We, on the other hand, have really nice grass...and it's really really green!!! You guys read way to much into things!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 2,211
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic