Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson vs Michigan Postgame Quotes
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 2,100

Mar 20, 2009, 11:11 AM

Quotes from Clemson head coach Oliver Purnell and his players after a 62-59 first round NCAA Tournament loss to Michigan at the Sprint Arena. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hope OP has gotten in Oglesby's face at some point and

Mar 20, 2009, 3:42 PM

chewed him out for losing his cool in the biggest game of our season. I understand that we were frustrated by being behind, as well as some of the poor calls that went against us, but that is no reason to throw an elbow at someone. I would have liked to see OP get in Oglesby's face the minute he came off the court, but that's obviously OP's call.

Regardless, Oglesby deserves to be put in his place. He has been an overly emotional player all year, because he always thinks about himself and how poorly he is being treated - by the officials, by an opposing player, and even by our coaches at times. It gets old knowing that he is always on the verge of an emotional outburst. He needs to realize that he is not helping the team when he plays that way.

To top it all off, he has played horribly in his two career NCAA games. His shot selection was poor last night, but despite that his presence in the second half could have been the difference in us winning the game. Hopefully these are things he will think about and work on in the offseason.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: I hope OP has gotten in Oglesby's face at some point and

Mar 21, 2009, 12:24 PM

That's bull, Oglesby is emotional and that's a good thing..No one works harder to win. I only wish the entire team had as much fire in their belly....He might make some mistakes but he is not afraid to take a shot. He works harder to get open and when he does get open, the ball usually goes to someone else for 10-15 more seconds of dribbling, stumbling, and desperation. Get off his back. Oh yeah, any coach that humiliates a kid on the side-line should not be in college basketball. My story and I'm sticking to it.

Re: I hope OP has gotten in Oglesby's face at some point and

Mar 22, 2009, 3:01 PM

Oglesby is a crybaby. He has been since the first time I have watched him play for the tigers. He is the only guy on the team that whines every time there is a call against him. He's talented, and has gotten better as a player this season, but he needs to grow up. His immature antics cost us our best shooter when we could have used him down 3 points with seconds left. I don't agree that OP should chew him out on the sideline, he's too classy for that, but I hope he gave him hell behind closed doors. If this kid is going to help take CU hoops to the next level, he needs to grow up, and fast!

Replies: 3
| visibility 2,100
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic