Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
2009 Clemson Football Schedule Announced
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

Feb 12, 2009, 11:00 AM

The Atlantic Coast conference released the 2009 Clemson football schedule that will feature home games against Wake Forest, Florida State, Boston College and Virginia. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Idaho?***

Feb 12, 2009, 11:04 AM

"Very, Very Excited, Very, Very Proud" to be a TIGER!!

Re: Idaho?***

Feb 12, 2009, 11:05 AM

So much for "inside sources" :)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Read this blog (Post & Courier) about Idaho

Feb 12, 2009, 1:06 PM

Looks like Central Michigan is just there to fill the spot so the schedule could get released; they'll probably get swapped out for Idaho. Which is even worse...i mean, at least Central Michigan could be considered vaguely competitive (if you forget that we hung 70 on them 2 years ago).

http://www.charleston.net/blogs/tiger_tracks/2009/feb/12/footballsked/

Re: Somebody forgot to tell Central Michigan (link)

Feb 12, 2009, 11:12 AM

http://www.cmuchippewas.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=46371&SPID=4199&DB_OEM_ID=10500&ATCLID=3651042

Our NC schedule is a disgrace....I used to break

Feb 12, 2009, 11:19 AM

my brother-in-law's ba*** about Notre Dame's NC schedule but ours is absolutely ridiculous. Granted the ACC should be a competitive BCS conference next year with FSU, VT, NC, & MIA but there is no excuse here...
TDP - terrible job .

Re: Our NC schedule is a disgrace....I used to break

Feb 12, 2009, 11:43 AM

I agree. This only makes for a bunch of inflated stats and wins. Ultimately, we lose respect on a national level. We don't necessarily need to match up w/ Florida and Alabama every year, but I'd enjoy some better mid-level play (i.e. Northwestern, Rutgers, most of the PAC 10, etc.) When do we play UGA again? 2010?

Sure is--time to dump the coots*******

Feb 12, 2009, 11:48 AM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Orange Googlers Unite

Save Tigernet--Boot the coots(you know who I mean).

Feb 12, 2009, 1:56 PM [ in reply to Our NC schedule is a disgrace....I used to break ]

Exclude rivalry games & everyone's NC schedule is pretty lame...look at BC, and they are defending division champs. VaTech is the only school who scheduled a couple of powerhouses.

Miami has Oklahoma and USF, that's tough****

Feb 12, 2009, 3:25 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Notre Dame isnt in a conference...

Feb 12, 2009, 3:49 PM [ in reply to Our NC schedule is a disgrace....I used to break ]

And if you want to include the real USC, Michigan, Ohio State and Penn State as members of their "conference" I'd say historically they didn't need to schedule many big "non-conference" games. I hate Notre Dame as much as the next guy, but the analogy doesn't really work...

TDP padded cupcakes to make Dabo look good so TDP looks good

Feb 12, 2009, 5:22 PM [ in reply to Our NC schedule is a disgrace....I used to break ]

TDP scheduled enough cupcakes (MTSU, C-Mich, Coastal Carolina, Duke, arguably UVA) that Clemson should have 4-5 "W's" before the season even starts. If Dabo wins one or two more, Clemson is bowl eligible and TDP can argue that he made a great hire. The pollsters will give Clemson no credit for beating the OOC teams.

Re: TDP padded cupcakes to make Dabo look good so TDP looks good

Feb 12, 2009, 5:26 PM

another blithering idiot. except for idaho these ooc games were determined years ago if to needed to know.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TDP padded cupcakes to make Dabo look good so TDP looks good

Feb 12, 2009, 5:55 PM

Yeah... the OOC games are set in stone and I'm an idiot. Except that... When TDP thought Clemson was a Top 10 team under Bowden last year, at the last minute TDP was willing to add Alabama, drop LaTech, and risk adding a second FCS school (Citadel & SC State).

That's just one of many examples of the flexibility in OOC scheduling-- even at the last minute.

But thanks for calling me an idiot. Thank goodness that really smart, mature people like you are there to enlighten me... and name-call.

What's with the name calling?

Feb 13, 2009, 10:13 AM [ in reply to Re: TDP padded cupcakes to make Dabo look good so TDP looks good ]

Please go back to the main board if you're going to stoop that low.

Razz is just misinformed about these OOC games. First of all, we don't play Duke like he says we do, and the Virginia game was set a year ago. The other OOC games were set prior to this year.

So Razz's point may be pointless, but he's a stand up guy on this board so lay off the name calling. Have fun!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

go back to the main board? this is the main board***

Feb 13, 2009, 10:16 AM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh yeah.... I'm never here... that explains EVERYthing...***

Feb 13, 2009, 1:49 PM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

Feb 13, 2009, 10:29 PM [ in reply to Our NC schedule is a disgrace....I used to break ]

Its a joke!

Re: 2009 Clemson Football Schedule Announced

Feb 12, 2009, 12:43 PM

CAN'T BELIEVE I'M PAYING OVER $100 A GAME FOR THOSE PITIFUL OOC GAMES WHEN YOU ADD IN THE SEAT TAX.

I CAN'T HEAR YOU

Feb 12, 2009, 4:30 PM

relax, man!

I have repeated all seven of your lifetime posts below:
Do you notice a common annoying theme?

2/12/09
CAN'T BELIEVE I'M PAYING OVER $100 A GAME FOR THOSE PITIFUL OOC GAMES WHEN YOU ADD IN THE SEAT TAX.

9/4/08
AS A LAST RESORT, THERE IS THE HANDICAPPED SEATING IN THE WEST ZONE WHICH I WOULD THINK HAS ACCESS. THANKS FOR EVERYTHING YOU DO.

7/25/08
38 IN MY SECTION. ODDS ARE TO THE LEFT OF EVENS

7/15/08
I HAVE THE SOLUTION.LET'S REMOVE ALL STATUES/MEMORIALS FROM THE STATE HOUSE GROUNDS INCLUDING THE BLACK MEMORIAL WHICH IS THERE. I GUESSW THERE IS A 10% CHANCE THAT WOULD MAKE THEM HAPPY. NO ONE DRIVING BY SEES THE CONFEDERATE MEMORIAL.

3/26/08
INDIVIDUAL TICKETS ARE $10. SEASON ARE $140 FOR 40 GAMES. YOUR REVENUE WOULD BE WAY HIGH

8/20/07
I MUST DIFFER AND SAY THIS ISMORE ABOUT MONEY AND NOT ABOUT EQUITY. I CANNOT BELIEVE THAT THERE IS NOT SUFFICIENT TURNOVER IN "PRIME SEATING" to accomodate the ten Heishman DONORS WHO ARE IN THE TOP DECK.AS TO THE 774 SEATS BETWEEN THE 25 TD LINE: I AM A MEMBER OF THIS GROUP. I HAVE BEEN A SEASON TICKET HOLDER FOR OVER 40YRS AND A FEW YEARS LONGER IF IT WERE NOT FOR A MILITARY BREAK.I WAS FORTUNATE TO BE A MEMBER DURING THE SEVERAL STADIUM EXPANSIONS. GUESS WHAT? I GOT BETTER SEATS WITH EACH EXPANSION.THE VAST MAJORITY OF THESE TICKET HOLDERS ARE OF RETIREMENT AGE. I AM. I WISH I COULD TELL YOU THAT I WILL BE GOING TO GAMES TEN YEARS FROM NOW. A CONSIDERABLE NUMBER OF THESE TICKET HOLDERS ARE GOING TO BE COMING OFF THE ROLLS EACH YEAR WHICH WILL TAKE CARE OF THIS CATEGORY.AS I CACULATE THE TRUE TICKET WILL COST AROUND $120+ FOREACH TICKET NOT THE $35 PRINTED ON SOME TICKETS. IF YOU PUT A TICKET ON THE TABLE WITH $12O RIGHT BESIDE IT,AND GIVE AN INDIVIDUAL A CHOICE, EVEN A SOUTH CAROLINA FAN WILL CHOOSE THE MONEY.THEIR IS A LIMIT TO WHAT PEOPLE WILL PAY WHO ARE UNABLE TO HAVE A TAX DEDUCTION FOR THE TICKET PRICE. WE MAY HAVE GOTTEN THERE FOR MANY PEOPLE.I'M SORRY ,BUT I BELIEVE IT IS PRIMARILY ABOUT MONEY.

4/18/07
FOR $100 YOU CAN PARK FOR A SEASON AT THE CITY PARKING GARAGE DOWNTOWN. FOR A 10 MINUTE WALK, YOU CAN BE ON THE ROADLY IMMEDIATELY EVEN AFTER A NIGHT GAME.

@GT w/5 days? At least GT only has 5 days to prepare also.

Feb 12, 2009, 5:32 PM

The good news is that only one team on Clemson's schedule has more than one week to prepare for Clemson. The bad news is that it's South Carolina. The good news is that it's South Carolina. They had an open week before the Clemson game last year too, but we beat them.

With that weak schedule...

Feb 12, 2009, 7:12 PM

Clemson should win the NC!!!!

just announced!!!

Feb 12, 2009, 7:53 PM

All home games 12 noon start...!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: just announced!!!

Feb 14, 2009, 9:14 PM

Could be worse...some games in the midwest also start at noon EASTERN time...that would be an 11:00 a.m. kickoff for their fans. We could adapt, and tailgate with bacon, eggs and grits.

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic