Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Boyd picks Tigers over Buckeyes and Ducks
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

Jan 27, 2009, 6:49 PM

Quarterback Tajh Boyd made his long-awaited college decision on Tuesday when he picked the Tigers over Ohio St. and Oregon. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

FIRST!!***

Jan 27, 2009, 6:51 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL***

Jan 27, 2009, 6:52 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FIRST!!***

Jan 28, 2009, 7:38 AM [ in reply to FIRST!!*** ]

what the @#@?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mr. Boyd. Oregon and Ohio State are ok ... but ... Oregon

Jan 27, 2009, 7:01 PM

has a short history in college football lore. Ohio State can't win the big one. Also, watch the CU - Ohio State Gator Bowl in 78. Which team would you want to play for?

Our fans will love you. At the 55,000 student campus of Ohio State... you will be just another freshman.

At small town 13k Clemson... you will be family.

At Oregon - you will be a Southern Cal reject.

Welcome to Clemson young man. If you give 100% in the Classroom and on the field.... you will be a part of a storied football tradition and University.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Mr. Boyd. Oregon and Ohio State are ok ... but ... Oregon

Jan 28, 2009, 7:35 AM

OSU can't win the big one? Hell, I would like Clemson to just have the chance to win the big one. At least OSU has been there.
They have been a mainstay in the BCS and we can't even get to the ACC championship.
I am glad he chose Clemson, but I am also glad it did not come down to the prestige of the program.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ohio State sucks. That is all.***

Feb 2, 2009, 7:02 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Boyd picks Tigers over Buckeyes and Ducks

Jan 27, 2009, 8:47 PM

Great work Dabo and staff!

Someone give me their best insight on why he picked Clemson.

Jan 27, 2009, 9:49 PM

When he has to beat out 2 4+ star QB's who are ahead of him. The way I see it he will have 1 year to start at Clemson if he Redshirts. 2 years if Kyle Parker leaves for baseball, but only if Boyd redshirts

Re: Someone give me their best insight on why he picked Clemson.

Jan 27, 2009, 10:31 PM

No one has guararteed Korn or Parker the position. I don't think Dabo would be telling him he will have the chance to get early playing time if he didn't think he could beat out Korn and Parker. I'm guessing Dabo has a lot of faith in him. I'm still backing Korn and Parker...but it's great to know we have a great qb in the wings...just waiting! And we know Dabo plays the best player...no matter who it is. I just LOVE beating out Ohio State!! Go Tigers! Boyd made a great decision! It probably wasn't easy to turn down such huge programs as Oregon and Ohio State, but I think he made a wise decision! Clemson is the best school in the country!

Jan 28, 2009, 9:24 AM

And because Parker may in fact be drafted early and go play MLB. You can't fault him for that. Let's say Parker is the guy and we think we have him coming back in '10, but the MLB draft comes up, he's drafted fairly high and goes. We don't have anyone. Korn will still be around, but if Parker beats out Korn, I'm thinking Korn just isn't the same since the shoulder surgery. Now we have a legit guy that hopefully can prove himself on the collegiate football level.

He will have some good qb's to beat at most good programs

Jan 28, 2009, 2:19 PM [ in reply to Re: Someone give me their best insight on why he picked Clemson. ]

Here we have a situation with Korn who, like it or not, and I'm still pulling for him regardless but he hasn't looked sharp since his injury.

There are questions whether he will get back to his old form or not. Anyone who has had similar surgery knows that can be a battle. Also Parker might choose to Francour out on us at any time so I think Boyd can definetly see early pt.

Ohio State and Oregon both have other qb's also btw.

Jan 28, 2009, 11:02 PM [ in reply to Re: Someone give me their best insight on why he picked Clemson. ]

b/c he will get to start its plain and simple. I highly doubt Korn will get to start b/c of the FSU game and the GT game. I love Willy and all I've loved him since he was at Byrnes but too me I dont feel hes ready b/c of the type of offense Dabo and Napier have put together. I like the fact that Dabo is the type of guy who puts the best on the field and I guarantee you that this kid will exceed expectations in spring practice if he goes. Parker will leave for baseball as soon as he sees how high he could go. So Boyd to me has the starting position in his back pocket.

DS is one heck of a salesman***

Jan 27, 2009, 10:41 PM [ in reply to Someone give me their best insight on why he picked Clemson. ]

I hope none of them have to wait

Jan 27, 2009, 11:31 PM [ in reply to Someone give me their best insight on why he picked Clemson. ]

Since just one of those three guys will be on the field all the time, that'll be a lot of talent sittin' on the sidelines.

I don't agree with a dual-quarterback system; but I do agree with bringing in the #2 or #3 QB to line up wide or in the back once in a while when some trickery is needed. Plays like that give a whole new meaning to the term "option".

Let's see - an acorn, a duck or a TIGER ? ? ? That's why ...

Jan 28, 2009, 12:22 AM [ in reply to Someone give me their best insight on why he picked Clemson. ]

;)

Acorn? It's just a poisonous nut.***

Jan 28, 2009, 10:42 AM

Jan 27, 2009, 11:08 PM

Is the committment of Boyd going to get Clemson on the top list of some more uncommitted prospects and have the potential to steal them from other teams. I know a lot of players go to a certain school b/c a certain recruit is going to that school and they want to play with them.

Welcome to Tigernet. Here's your first point.

Jan 27, 2009, 11:35 PM

Oh, and on your question, I don't think it can hurt our chances.

Jan 28, 2009, 10:30 AM [ in reply to Re: Boyd picks Tigers over Buckeyes and Ducks ]

Virginia Tech has used the Hampton Roads area of Virginia to bring into their system some pretty good players. I am glad to see Clemson has "seen the light".
Go Tigers!!!

Willy says Welcome to Clemson***

Jan 28, 2009, 1:47 AM

Does Boyd's partially torn ACL require complete replacement?

Jan 28, 2009, 4:01 PM

Did Sapp's?

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic