Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Mickey Plyler Blog: Dabo Thoughts
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

Dec 3, 2008, 12:05 AM

The latest post on Mickey Plyler's Blog has Mickey's thoughts on the press conference that introduced Dabo Swinney as the 25th head football coach of Clemson. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Mickey Plyler Blog: Dabo Thoughts

Dec 3, 2008, 6:10 AM

Very well said ! What a Great person ,We could not have done better than Dabo. He is what Clemson is all about.

Dec 3, 2008, 6:45 AM

well said Mick. Well said. I love Mac's interview on the news. He said something to the effect of "I feel like I have been wandering in the wilderness for 9 years, and now I am being led out."

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 3, 2008, 7:24 AM

Best blog Mickey has ever written because he got it. When I first met Dabo shortly after he arrived, I commented to some friends that they would love him when they met him. He was refreshing and fun. But he also had something I could not quite put my finger on. As the years went by and I got to meet his wife and boys, they just give off an awe that made one feel so good to be around them.
Then players started saying how super he was. Still no inkling of what was to come. Until about about three years ago, several of us were talking and we said you know if TB is not the coach we were pulling for Dabo.
It was such a natural feeling.
When TDP named him interim coach, our group said he is the one and believed it. As time went by and listening to some of the players and former players you knew.
Until the article came out about "Against All Odds" none of us knew some of the hardships Dabo had gone thru but it hit home and we all were praying he would get the job.

Mickey - I like you - understood the reason he was as emotional as he was, it had just really sunk in. When he commented that until then he had not really had the time to think about it.....he was right. Had I not read the article mentioned above I more than likely would not have understood. I understand when he says he looks back and sees the things that happened to him and firmly believes it is why he is here. Gene Stallings has got to be feeling good about "his boy" and Frank Howard has got to be smiling in heaven.

There is something special in the hills at Clemson and there is something special in Dabo Swinney. Get ready for the ride, it will be bumpy at times, it will be crazy at times, but it is going to be fun.

We have all been blessed to have Dabo as our coach. Enjoy getting to know him. Now on to the Gator and a big win over Nebraska....I am going fully expecting to win!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 3, 2008, 8:09 AM

One of your best blogs Mickey, keep up the good work.

That presser proves why we made the right hire....

Dec 3, 2008, 8:34 AM

What we saw Monday night was pure honesty, commitment and LEADERSHIP. Dabo is a true Clemson Man. He will be the type of coach and leader that will make good men great.

If you compare that to Kiffin's presser, Dabo eats pancakes off Kiffin's head. Kiffin's presser looked forced and dishonest. It's was as though he didn't believe the words that came out of his mouth. To sum it up, he was fake.

I think Tennessee made a bad hire and I see Kiffin falling on his face unless his father comes in and keeps the ship from sinking. Over time the novelty of Kiffin's BS will wear off.

Your comments made me check out Kiffin's presser....

Dec 3, 2008, 1:16 PM

I agree that his prepared statements at the beginning did indeed sound "prepared" and not very genuine... (Dabo is clearly the better speaker.)

However, Kiffin started to shine when he got to the Q&A session. In fact, I thought a lot of what he said was of similar substance to what Dabo has been preaching. (playing tough, putting best guys on the field regardless of previous accolades, etc.) I'll be curious to see how much of his success at USC he can replicate at Tennessee.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I know, I know: The Southeastern Conference is the greatest conference in the history of sports, and the talent is far superior to the Pac 10 and Big 10 and NFC West combined."

Great Job Mickey!***

Dec 3, 2008, 8:52 AM

Give TDP credit for his second great hire at Clemson!!!

Dec 3, 2008, 10:32 AM

Now we have all the main sports on the right track (football, basketball, baseball and soccer)

Dec 3, 2008, 10:58 AM

Mickey, I felt the same way as you stated. there is some thing about Dabo that you do not see in a lot of coaches.he makes you feel as if you give it all you got and lose, that you would still back the guy. great blog.

Dec 3, 2008, 11:23 AM

AGREE 110%
ONE CLEMSON!

Dec 3, 2008, 11:56 AM

Great Blog Mickey. I believe this is a good hire for the future of Clemson Football.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic