Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson Defense Steps Up Against Duke
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1,181

Nov 16, 2008, 12:10 AM

One week after their worst defensive performance of the season, the Clemson Tiger defense stepped up and turned in one of their best games against Duke. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The defense played well, but come on. It was Duke, and it

Nov 16, 2008, 11:02 AM

was Duke with their backup QB. UVA and USuC will be much tougher.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The defense played well, but come on. It was Duke, and it

Nov 16, 2008, 12:02 PM

Haven't posted a response to anything all season but now this is it.
Great job by the defense, it's amazing what fans expect of the team at this point. They knocked the starter out of the game and did what a defense is suppose to do to a backup: rattle him, pressure him. sack him, and mess up the gameplan for his team and they did that. There was pressure and proper assignments throughout the game. I think it's time we think positive about the TIGERS or just root for someone else(seems like you already are). There is always something negative to find in something;If you dig long enough you might find something in the dirt so does that make the dirt not worthwhile not at all you clean the trash and weeds out and plant your seeds and watch it grow.I see growth in this team that could have laid down and given up on the season but I am all in and THANKS for the effort by the Defense. Not trying to start trouble but after 10 wks give it rest people. Either you are cheering or complaining and I am cheering and will be again next year.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks so much for holding your response...

Nov 16, 2008, 12:37 PM

This is my point. Everyone gets so giddy when we beat up on a bad team, and thinks we are on track ond going to win out. After NC State, SC State, and the Citadel, everyone was talking about how great we are. I said, take those wins with a grain of salt, because all three teams were not good when we played them (NC State has gotten better). People flamed me for being pessimistic, then low and behold we got into some tougher games, and we lost them. I am saying again, to take the win yesterday with a grain of salt. Duke is not that good, especially with Asack at QB. If you want to drink the kool-aid and think the Duke win means we are on track and ready to beat a decent UVA team and a good USuC team, then go ahead. I prefer to look at the reality of the situation and stay grounded.

I am not trying to take anything away from the players. They played hard, and I am proud. But the truth is that Duke isn't that great, and we should have won like we did yesterday. It was expected.

And I root for more teams than just Clemson. Clemson is my alma mater and favorite team, but I will pull for whomever I feel like. If you don't like it, tough ####. All this, "I'm a bigger fan that you" ####, is gay and lame.

Re: Thanks so much for holding your response...

Nov 16, 2008, 1:52 PM

so your saying you expect us to lose against South Carolina?

I don't ever like to expect us to lose, but I certainly

Nov 16, 2008, 2:24 PM

wouldn't expect us to win easily based upon this past game. That is all I am saying. Don't expect us to roll over UVA and USC. They will put up a fight, and both teams are capable of beating us.

Re: I don't ever like to expect us to lose, but I certainly

Nov 16, 2008, 4:30 PM

okay good i agree with that UVA and Carolina are tough teams and we are definatly going to need to scratch and fight for every yard... so i guess we will see if whether or not dabo has really got us focused and tough yet

Re: Thanks so much for holding your response...

Nov 16, 2008, 7:42 PM [ in reply to Thanks so much for holding your response... ]

Thanks for the insight.This is not about who is the bigger fan or being giddy but after seeing that display against FSU I was rooting for them to perform better,I expect to compete and win regardless of the team they are up against. I do expect the games to be closer for the next two weeks but also expect the kids to take a little more confidence into these games. I agree we should not get all pumped up after a Duke win but in years past this would have been a lost under TB if we tell the truth not saying he didn't win his share of games that we weren't suppose to win either. I want us to win out and if they can put it together and give the effort we have a chance for some success in the future, as it is with 2 good teams it just takes one to be better that day.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lewis doesn't play defense and he didn't do much on offense

Nov 17, 2008, 12:18 AM [ in reply to The defense played well, but come on. It was Duke, and it ]

Sure it was only Duke, but Clemson played a good game against a much-improved Duke team. Sure Lewis was out most of the game, but Clemson's defense didn't let Lewis do anything when he was still in the game, so I don't think Lewis would have changed the outcome. And the last time we played Duke, Zack Azack passed for 328 yards passing. Besides, Lewis doesn't play defense so his injury doesn't explain the 31 points that Clemson put up (except to the extent that it may have enabled our offense to spend more time on the field).

UVA and especially SoCar will be tougher games. But if Clemson plays as well as they did against Duke, the Tigers have a good chance of winning both games. Unfortunatey SoCar has 2 weeks to get ready for us.

Coach Vic is now all in, or bluffing the stakes higher?***

Nov 17, 2008, 10:27 AM

Replies: 9
| visibility 1,181
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic