Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson to Hold Tiger Walk Prior to Georgia Tech Game
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

Oct 16, 2008, 10:13 AM

Pre-game excitement at Clemson Memorial Stadium will get an early start on Saturday when Dabo Swinney’s Tigers hold a “Tiger Walk” to the facility. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson to Hold Tiger Walk Prior to Georgia Tech Game

Oct 16, 2008, 12:06 PM

Fantastic Idea - I love how Dabo is bringing new/fresh ideas already to change things up!!! One point of clarification - this is for the pre-game warm-up entrance, correct?? They are still going to run down the hill for the game I'm sure??

Nope...this is replacing the "run down the hill"***

Oct 16, 2008, 12:53 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

/\/\/\/\/\/\ HATER***

Oct 16, 2008, 2:49 PM

Re: Nope...this is replacing the "run down the hill"***

Oct 16, 2008, 5:38 PM [ in reply to Nope...this is replacing the "run down the hill"*** ]

The last one to try changing that tradition was Hootie Ingram -so i hope this new coach doesnt follow in those footsteps!

This is NOT replacing Run Down The Hill, unless ...

Oct 17, 2008, 5:10 PM [ in reply to Nope...this is replacing the "run down the hill"*** ]

You expect our boys to run down the hill at 9:45 am ... This is merely to pump up the players ... they will go through their usual on field warm ups and will be running down the hill when the time comes ...

Oct 16, 2008, 1:01 PM [ in reply to Re: Clemson to Hold Tiger Walk Prior to Georgia Tech Game ]

No it is not replacing hill run! PRE-GAME. And its not a fresh idea.

Oct 16, 2008, 4:08 PM

Being a 5th year senior, I think this is a wonderful Idea. I have written numerous letters to Barker and the athletic department saying that there needs to be a better atmopshere that we seem to have forgotten about. When I came to Clemson I was excited about cheering in student section, going to fan(student) practices, pep rallies, and get the whole college football experience. Tommy may have been a nice guy, but he did not give a rat's #### about the students. He never ONCE tried to get the students fired up to encourage our team. Student moral has a good bit to with team moral. Fans forget that students are the ones who see these guys every day and go to class with them. If students are excited and show that towards our players, it sends a message. I absolutely LOVE that Swinny is trying to get fans and mainly students more involved. It brings the whole campus together and let's not forget that college is for STUDENTS. Fans that are not students still have a great/HUGE impact, but little to do with team moral and player interaction. Having been up here and lived in Clemson for 5 years now, it's been kinda sad. Clemson use to be a place full of great football atmoshpere and I have noticed that lately it has turned into a "i'll do a half a$$ cheer for one day 7 times a year atmosphere". Thats not how its supposed to be and all I have to say is THANK YOU SWINNY FOR GETTING THE FIRE BACK IN THIS SCHOOL! Over 5 years bowden never sent out an email to the student body or even tried to get us more involved. SWINNY did it in 3 DAYS! Even if we are not successful under SWINNY it will be a lot more fun!

Oct 16, 2008, 4:15 PM

I like that enthusiasm. Well done on use of caps only when it is necessary. Those fools who don't know how to turn off caps lock should all be shot.

yea, i said it.

but seriously, nice post. point

Good Post, but... it's Swinney... not Swinny.-buy a program***

Oct 16, 2008, 5:53 PM

Re: what ever happened to the weekly pep rally?

Oct 16, 2008, 5:41 PM [ in reply to Re: Clemson to Hold Tiger Walk Prior to Georgia Tech Game ]

When I was a student there every Thursday night the Coach and team appeared at the amphitheatre for a pep rally to keep the students enbthused.

When were you a student?***

Oct 16, 2008, 6:19 PM

The PEP Rally died betwen 1968 and 1971.

Oct 16, 2008, 6:37 PM

I was a Freshman in 1967-1968. I left for a three year sabbatical with the Marine Corps. When I got back to finish my degree in 1971 everything was gone: the pep rally, running down the hill and complusory ROTC.

However the increase in the female poulation was a nice offset for a returning vet.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The PEP Rally died betwen 1968 and 1971.

Oct 16, 2008, 8:57 PM

The PEP rally was alive in '81

Dabo in a Nut Shell:

Oct 16, 2008, 10:53 PM

Dabo Swinney recently had the idea to sell his urine as a canned beverage. We now know this beverage as Red Bull.

-If you can see Dabo, he can see you. If you can't see Dabo Swinney you may be only seconds away from death.

-If at first you don't succeed, you're not Dabo Swinney.

-Dabo Swinney's tears cure cancer. Too bad he has never cried.

-Dabo Swinney does not sleep. He waits.

-When Spurrier goes to sleep every night he checks his closet for Dabo Swinney.

-Dabo Swinney has to maintain a concealed weapon license in all 50 states in order to legally wear pants.

-Dabo Swinney doesn't read books. He stares them down until he gets the information he wants.

-Dabo Swinney has counted to infinity. Twice.

-Dabo Swinney once ate three 72 oz. steaks in one hour. He spent the first 45 minutes having sex with his waitress.

-When Dabo Swinney falls in water, Dabo doesn't get wet. Water gets Dabo Swinney.

-When Dabo Swinney does a pushup, he isn’t lifting himself up, he’s pushing the Earth down.

That's pretty darn funny. point***

Oct 16, 2008, 12:32 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: That's pretty darn funny. point***

Oct 17, 2008, 9:21 AM

Hey if our new interim coach does well the new slogan will be........"A little Dabo'll do ya"

Go Tigers. Turn this season around!!!

Tiger Walk is NOT replacing The Run Down The Hill ...

Oct 17, 2008, 5:12 PM

Get a grip people, or at least put the blunt down and back away slowly ...

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic