Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TigerNet Talk Podcast #54
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 1
| visibility 1,292

Oct 7, 2008, 11:26 PM

It's rare that a matchup this early in the ACC schedule can cause such worry for Tiger fans. This week El Swann® previews the upcoming showdown in Winston-Salem and the overall look of the conference. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The day a stubborn idiot became a genius

Oct 10, 2008, 7:43 AM

In the early 70’s Notre Dame came to Tigertown and the Tigers had the blue chippers of Notre Dame down 17-7 (+-) late in the 4th quarter when Dan Devine, that stubborn, egotistical, idiot of a coach made the decision of his career. With the game lost unless something changed the momentum and the attitude of his offense, he decided to insert his freshman QB that didn’t show much in practice, wasn’t all that big, wasn’t all that fast, but could roll out and throw the ball downfield, something they needed LIKE NOW!
I’m sure you know the rest of the story: Joe Montana rallied ND to 2 touchdowns with less than 5 minutes to go and turned Devine from an idiot to a genius. I was there!
It really doesn’t take a genius to try something different when your objectives are not being met otherwise…..unless they are????

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 1
| visibility 1,292
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic