Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
ACC Announces Kickoff Times and TV for Sept. 27
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 1

Sep 15, 2008, 12:32 PM

Maryland at Clemson on September 27 will be a noon kickoff. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

awesome***

Sep 15, 2008, 12:34 PM

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: awesome***

Sep 15, 2008, 1:04 PM

HORRIBLE!!! noon games SUCK BIGTIME!! too hot!!!!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

NCSU vs SoFla @ 7:30 ...waste of bandwidth.***

Sep 15, 2008, 8:55 PM

Ugh.***

Sep 15, 2008, 12:35 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Smells like another brunch tailgate.***

Sep 15, 2008, 12:46 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Break out the quiche!***

Sep 15, 2008, 1:28 PM

Much better than that - my Mom's shrimp and grits.***

Sep 15, 2008, 1:43 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

I'll be there!!!!!***

Sep 15, 2008, 1:50 PM

ACC Screws Clemson...again!!! When will it stop...

Sep 15, 2008, 1:02 PM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ACC Screws Clemson...again!!! When will it stop...

Sep 15, 2008, 1:05 PM

it won`t until the Clemson admin brows a set and stands-up to that crowd of bluebellys!!

Re: ACC Screws Clemson...again!!! When will it stop...

Sep 15, 2008, 1:06 PM [ in reply to ACC Screws Clemson...again!!! When will it stop... ]

when we start playing, and WINNING the games that matter

Did the ACC cause us to lose our top 10 ranking

Sep 15, 2008, 3:05 PM [ in reply to ACC Screws Clemson...again!!! When will it stop... ]

or Maryland to lose to MTSU

How?

Sep 15, 2008, 3:19 PM [ in reply to ACC Screws Clemson...again!!! When will it stop... ]

The ACC doesn't pick the games, the TV networks do....

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's not as if Clemson is the only team involved here

Sep 15, 2008, 3:31 PM [ in reply to ACC Screws Clemson...again!!! When will it stop... ]

That would mean they "hate" Maryland too. Obviously the TV networks didn't think this was a great game so it fell to Raycom.

GO TIGERS

Re: ACC Announces Kickoff Times and TV for Sept. 27

Sep 15, 2008, 2:41 PM

Man this is crazy. I love a good night game and it seems as though clemson is purposely trying to schedule these 12-3 games that are all right smack in the heat of the day. We have one out of our first 5 games after 330 and it was in an air conditioned dome. I have noticed that Clemson tends to schedule more early games than any other school i can think of. The stands will be empty and crowd will be dull for those games, its just not the same atmoshpere. I know TV times control this but clemson should definitely lobby for different times hardcore.

Clemson didn't PURPOSEFULLY schedule this

Sep 15, 2008, 3:33 PM

The only game Clemson ahs played in the day intentionally was South Carolina State. The Citadel was picked up by ESPN360 who wanted a 3:30 slot, and Raycom picked up NCSU and UMD for noon. Clemson didn't make that decision, the networks did. While they probably would have made it a day game regardless, its unfair to blame Clemson for something they didn't decide. We usually get a minimum of one night game a year at home. (Two each of the last couple seasons), so its not as if we get annually screwed.

GO TIGERS

Re: Clemson didn't PURPOSEFULLY schedule this

Sep 17, 2008, 12:52 AM

read a little better next time.....

"I know TV times control this but clemson should definitely lobby for different times hardcore."

This actually pleases me

Sep 15, 2008, 3:30 PM

Because I MIGHT have to work that day...but might be able to negotiate that evening instead of morning, and I would get to go to the game. :P

GO TIGERS

NAVY at Wake Forest....

Sep 15, 2008, 3:58 PM

Did NAVY beat Towson?...IF not--the Middies are WINLESS...WHY can't WE have the 3:45 ESPNU game instead of the stinkin' HIGH NOON game..I believe that OUR FOLKS are reluctant to express displeasure to the ACC or TV people..So WE get another unfriendly fan game for OUR FANS...

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: NAVY at Wake Forest....

Sep 15, 2008, 7:43 PM

I sure agree!! our admin is completely GUTLESS when it comes to ever standing up to anyone!!they are so scared that anything will detract from our standing that we get the shaft constantly!!! it is past time for this to stop!!!

VT vs Nebraska ABC NATIONALLY TELEVISED PRIMETIME

Sep 15, 2008, 4:18 PM

LULZ!!! Wut?

Sep 15, 2008, 4:32 PM

Why are there so many people so mad about about a noon start. I am in my early 30's and when I was kid going to Clemson games, all games except for MAYBE one a year were at 1pm. The heat is still the same and we were/are still able to get home and watch the high profile national games. Early starts are nothing new. Clemson has very little to do with TV game times. Get off your high-horses and just show up and cheer. Don't give me this crap about excitement of the game being different because you fail to be drunk enough to cheer. The lady behind was cheering so much on Sat. that I would have sworn she would be hoarse by half-time, but she yelled the entire game and it was awesome. Why doesn't everyone else grow some nads and be thankful to be able to watch the Tigers play. The situation is not as bad as made out be. Gets me out of doing yard work on Saturday mornings too. If is still that bad I have some hankies for you to cry into. In other words, it could be worse and be thankful. GO TIGERS!

but Friday night is about getting wasted

Sep 15, 2008, 4:59 PM

no one wants to wake up with a hangover and watch a noon game.

####***

Sep 15, 2008, 4:37 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Sep 15, 2008, 8:10 PM

Why do you guys pretend like you know and understand how game and TV scheduling works?

I 100% promise you that none of you do not.

Sep 15, 2008, 11:48 PM

An of coarse nobody "really" knows why we play these games, but when I played at clemson Tommy always talked about wanting to get teams in the heat and early in the day to bring them into our environment, but tommy thinks the environment is good because all he cares about is getting to go home early on Sat. afternoon to be with his wife. The earlier the game on sat. the more time he and his staff gets off for the weekend. I "KNOW" this is the issue. The players hate it worse than the fans. if you don't think night games at DV get the players more excited than the fans then you have way to much faith in the fans.....this is about the players. Maryland loves getting Clemson at noon......we hate it, isn't it a home game that we should be lovin'?????

"none of you do not[?]" lol....***

Sep 16, 2008, 7:01 AM [ in reply to Re: ACC Announces Kickoff Times and TV for Sept. 27 ]

P***

Sep 16, 2008, 4:11 PM

PLEASE say Ron Cherry isn't doing it!***

Sep 16, 2008, 4:12 PM

Replies: 29
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic