Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Vincent Will Not Return for 2008 Season
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1,104

May 19, 2008, 7:47 PM

Vincent would have been a fifth-year senior at Clemson this fall. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sending everyone a message......nice job CTB!***

May 19, 2008, 7:51 PM

####***

May 19, 2008, 8:09 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So... what's the scoop on this???

May 20, 2008, 8:35 AM

what did... or de he not do?
I know the pending DUI trial was still out their... but what else was going on?

Kudos to TB. Maybe his daddy should take a lesson.

May 20, 2008, 11:37 AM

It's interesting that on the same day that Clemson announced the dismissal of Vincent, FSU announced that they've slapped Parker on the wrist with a 2-cupcake-game suspension after he plea bargained to carrying a concealed weapon and possession of marijuana. (And I believe Parker already had an earlier misdemeanor conviction since joining FSU.) But of course Parker, et al, will be back for FSU's ACC opener. Tommy sent a message to his current and future players that they need to keep their noses clean. Bobby sent a message to his team that he's willing to sell his soul and overlook most transgressions as long as the player can help him beat JoePa in all-time wins.

Vincent's dismissal may hurt Clemson in the short run, but it will help Clemson in the long run. Kudos to TB for making that tough decision.

Re: Kudos to TB. Maybe his daddy should take a lesson.

May 20, 2008, 3:06 PM

I agree, I just wish every school had the same policy Clemson does. I do not like the NCAA rubbing their nose in any school's business but it dosn't seem right that certain teams keep these thugs around who have no place in the accademic atmoshpere of college. I am relieved to know that Clemson does not keep players around my campus that have firearm violations and repeated drug problems. The NCAA should step up and start dishing out penalties or inelegibility to these players if the school does not do enough. Just my opinion but I know I dont have to watch failures at life play sports at my school but I also don't want to see the competition like that either.

Kuddos to LSU for booting their QB.
Smite to South Carolina for keeping Garcia after multiple charges in less than one year, keeping the players that robbed their own stadium, keeping Newton around, and so on.
Kuddos to Clemson for booting Vincent.
Smite to FSU for keeping Parker,
Remember Peter Warrick? SMITE!
Kuddos to Clemson for declining a bowl before USC or the NCAA had a chance to respond after the Brawl. (coots starting crap by ruining our hill tradition, NO CLASS!)
MAJOR SMITE to Miami for only suspending players for a few quarters up to a few games and still accepting a bowl bid after Clemson declined.

I could go on forever. Where is there a balance? I guess the point is I don't want to see thugs play on any team participating in NCAA athletics. I want to see Student athletes. If I wanted to see that I would watch the AFL or XFL but I do not want them participating in a school or league of intelligence when they clearly have none. It is a privellege to go to college and better yourself, If they don't do that give them the boot! I'm just glad Clemson has class that these other schools lack. GO TIGERS!

Les Miles gets way too much credit for kicking that QB off

May 20, 2008, 3:29 PM

the team. This was his third failed drug test and he has had several run-ins with the law. The only other program in the country that would have kept him this long is South Carolina.

Keep chasing those windmills, Steve!

Actually Bobby said it was OK for his players to pack heat..

May 20, 2008, 8:29 PM [ in reply to Kudos to TB. Maybe his daddy should take a lesson. ]

in the local rag (Tampa Tribune) he was quoted as saying it would be hypocritical for him to ban his players for carrying weapons when he owns some himself.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

of course

May 21, 2008, 7:21 AM

it is every American's right; something called the second amendment.

Carrying a concealed weapon without a concealed weapons permit is the fault here. In fact, it's a felony. BB should have dismissed Parker

Re: Vincent Will Not Return for 2008 Season

May 21, 2008, 4:30 PM

The kid messed up. The coach set some goals (probably to stay clean and make some grades). He didn't make it. End of story.

Good luck Courtney! Thanks for your efforts while here. Please finish your degree.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very, Very Excited. Very, Very Proud.

Replies: 9
| visibility 1,104
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic