Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Bowden Gets Contract Extension
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 37
| visibility 1

Dec 4, 2007, 11:13 AM

Clemson Athletic Director Dr. Terry Don Phillips announced Tuesday that Head Football Coach Tommy Bowden has agreed to a contract extension. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So, were they not pleased with the one last week?***

Dec 4, 2007, 11:15 AM

Datta Boy Tommy!!!***

Dec 4, 2007, 11:16 AM

I really don't know whether you have no pride or you're....

Dec 4, 2007, 11:22 AM

just plain stupid. Either way it's a miserable existence.

He's obviously a very smart business person. He works very

Dec 4, 2007, 11:25 AM

well under pressure. The man just bought him some TIME!!!

Re: You guys never cease to amaze me...... He absolutely

Dec 4, 2007, 11:25 AM [ in reply to Datta Boy Tommy!!!*** ]

owns you and you can't see it. You remind of the guy that gets hit and says thanks my I have another. I guess that is the reason you are SCar. Pathetic loser for over a century. Man that is sad but keep you head high be thankful CU has TB.

Go Tigers! Beat ECU!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When the crisis arises the time for preparedness has passed.

coots claim they like Tommy at Clemson, but they are either

Dec 4, 2007, 12:06 PM [ in reply to Datta Boy Tommy!!!*** ]

lying or retarded. or both.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

They offered, but it was a token offer. Not much in job

Dec 4, 2007, 11:17 AM [ in reply to So, were they not pleased with the one last week?*** ]

security, only a recruiting smoke screen, much like the rolling contract USuCk had with LOUser.

Sweet News!!!! ****************

Dec 4, 2007, 11:17 AM

nt

now the press conference is an opportunity for Tommy to

Dec 4, 2007, 11:19 AM

show some love for Clemson and mend some fences with some fans.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In college football today

Dec 4, 2007, 11:30 AM

RARELY will you find a coach like Bowden who will go out on a limb for his assistants.

IMO, he never really entertained the idea of heading to Arky. His assistants were loyal to him when they had other offers, and he is trying to reward them for that.

We are in a college football world of multi-million dollar salaries and coaches downgrading other coaches and jumping ship.

Tommy has made Clemson solid, and brought character and respect to this program.

In my mind, this is another example of his character and loyalty, not only to his assistants, but ultimately to Clemson.

He will retire here.

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

agree.. and fwiw, I'm glad he is staying...I just think ..

Dec 4, 2007, 11:34 AM

it would be good to hear from him that he loves Clemson, couldn't leave, and expects great things from the fine young men that play for him.

Or one that can use his AD friend to hustle our program

Dec 4, 2007, 11:38 AM [ in reply to In college football today ]

...yeah, he's a rare breed.

you dont even know what he signed the contract for

Dec 4, 2007, 11:48 AM

he could have the same amt he already had. wait until the report comes out with the contract extension to make your pathetic judgements

This was a PR move and if you dont realize that, then your

Dec 4, 2007, 12:19 PM

not a very smart person.

Re: This was a PR move and if you dont realize that, then your

Dec 4, 2007, 3:05 PM

IT WAS DESIGNED TO THROW YOU HATERS OVER THE EDGE....NOW US REAL CLEMSON FANS WILL PULL TOGETHER, WIN BIG NEXT YEAR....AND WAIT FOR THE NEXT SLIP UP TO SEE YOU CRAWL BACK OUT FROM UNDER YOUR DOOM AND GLOOM ROCK..(NO DISRESPECT TO HOWARDS ROCK)

Labeling people haters isn't very convincing. Try reasoning.

Dec 4, 2007, 11:32 PM

I don't hate Bowden. But I'm dissatisfied with NINE years of no ACC title because I love Clemson. I think I'm entitled to that opinion, it's quite reasonable, and I'm not alone. Why do you label us haters because we think we can hire a better coach? I can only assume it's because you can't make an intelligent argument to back up your opinion, since there's NINE years of data working against you.

Re: now the press conference is an opportunity for Tommy to

Dec 4, 2007, 11:36 AM [ in reply to now the press conference is an opportunity for Tommy to ]

what are you talking about? When has he ever talked "bad" about a fan?

http://tommybowdenisgod.blogspot.com

didn't say he talked bad about a fan...I think the press...

Dec 4, 2007, 11:45 AM

conference is an opportunity to make clear why he is staying. Hopefully it is because he and his staff love Clemson and believe the future is very bright, and more money couldn't pull them away.

As a fan, I would love to hear that.

Re: You must be kidding...

Dec 4, 2007, 11:45 AM [ in reply to now the press conference is an opportunity for Tommy to ]

that is the craziest statement I have seen yet on here. We need to, TDP needs to, the administration needs to apologize to Tommy for not showing him the support he deserves. The man has done NOTHING but help prosper Clemson University in the last several years. Most of the people on here that make the most noise give the least to IPTAY and Clemson University. Keep giving your hundred bucks and sitting in your corner of the endzone seat, but please refrain from your negative speak. Tommy Bowden is a winner, he is a character guy, and he will lead us to where we ALL want to go.

man, you are putting words in my mouth...

Dec 4, 2007, 11:56 AM

I support Coach Bowden... glad he is staying.

Like it or not, there is a rift in the fan base, and some fans don't like the fact that he considered the Arkansas job (which is ridiculous, but that is another subject)

My point was that the press conference is important.

It is an opportunity for Bowden to finally convince some people that he truly loves Clemson.

Ditto***

Dec 4, 2007, 11:57 AM [ in reply to Re: You must be kidding... ]

Are you serious? Certain fans should be mending fences with

Dec 4, 2007, 11:55 AM [ in reply to now the press conference is an opportunity for Tommy to ]

him, given the way they've treated him.

i agree. and i'm one of them

Dec 4, 2007, 1:58 PM

i criticized him pretty harshly after the gt and vt games this year, but it was based on emotions. now that i've had time to cool off, i'm glad he's here.

Re: All Fans United. Our Pride deserves it.

Dec 4, 2007, 7:01 PM

Bravo! I applaud your honesty and admitting it here for certain others to learn or at least think something positive from it. Hopefully.

Let's face it. All the negativity needs to stop now that we all know he is here to stay for some time to come - at least for another year. And next year may very well be the year of Clemson Tigers! We all, the supporters and the so-called "haters", need to pull it together and join the force in backing our proud football program, CTB and his staff and of course our hard working, fully committed players with 100% SOLID ORANGE support. No questions asked?at least, not until the next season is over, if valid questions do arise by then.

All Fans United. Our Pride deserves it.

GO TIGERS!

god help us***

Dec 4, 2007, 12:06 PM

Re: god help us***

Dec 4, 2007, 12:16 PM

that would be with a capitol G, and He does every day....

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 4, 2007, 12:34 PM

As long as we're correcting people... the word you're looking for is capital, not capitol.

Dec 4, 2007, 1:43 PM

Thanks, but its really not about the spelling....and I am sure you already knew that

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

potd!***

Dec 4, 2007, 1:58 PM [ in reply to Re: god help us*** ]

Re: Bowden Gets Contract Extension

Dec 4, 2007, 12:31 PM

Good news for Clemson Nation bad news for coots

Congratulations Tommy!!! We are PROUD to have you here!!!!***

Dec 4, 2007, 12:41 PM

Re: Congratulations Tommy!!! We are PROUD to have you here!!!!***

Dec 4, 2007, 1:00 PM

I agree...This is great news for the Clemson Football program.

Dec 4, 2007, 2:54 PM

In my opinion, which I know some won't agree with, but Tommy should NOT be offered an extension. This whole Arkansas thing was probably just so he could get offered even more money then we upped it just the other week. Yeah we had a 9-3 season, but look at our schedule. With teams such Furman and Central Michigan, we better have ATLEAST a 9-3 season. But we couldn't beat the good teams. We've lost BC 3 years in a row. We couldn't beat Virginia Tech or GA Tech. And did you watch the same bowl game I saw last year? We totally embarassed ourselves and looked like we didn't even care. There is no reason we shouldn't be undefeated with the talented players we have. If we had a harder schedule, we probably wouldn't have qualify for a bowl game. Unfortunately the record is misleading. I love our Tigers and I support our players, but Tommy is not worth what we are paying him and hasn't done much in the 9 years he's been here and he's just living off his last name. he has done a great job keeping our rep clean though, I do give him that. That's just my opinion, I'm not trying to make anyone mad.

We will have to see what he does against Auburn............

Dec 4, 2007, 3:09 PM

Even though Auburn is 8-4 this year there still a #### good team... i mean look at LSU 2 losses and playing in the NCG!!! I think if we played more superior teams that it would make us better but you have to understand even when you are considered one of the best teams in the nation this year .. you atleast have one or two losses to teams you should have beaten!!! THINK ABOUT IT.... APP AT OVER MICHIGAN, ILL OVER OHIO STATE, KENTUCKY AND ARK OVER LSU??? its not like other teams didnt see this 1st hand this year!!!!

Dec 4, 2007, 3:11 PM [ in reply to Re: Congratulations Tommy!!! We are PROUD to have you here!!!!*** ]

He finished 3rd in the ACC as the 7th highest paid coach. I'd say he deserves a raise.

TDP never ceases to amaze me!***

Dec 4, 2007, 1:15 PM

Great news!!!!! Thank You Tommy Bowden!!!!!***

Dec 4, 2007, 3:01 PM

Replies: 37
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic