Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson, Auburn To Meet In Chick-Fil-A Bowl
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1,258

Dec 2, 2007, 7:34 PM

Tigers get seventh invitation to Atlanta game, tied for most in the 40-year history with N.C. State. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson, Auburn To Meet In Chick-Fil-A Bowl

Dec 2, 2007, 8:16 PM

I don't appreciate the analysis regarding to Clemson going to a better bowl than BC. This year, although BC had a better record and beat Clemson, Clemson beat 2 of the 3 teams that beat BC. Therefore, I would evaluate Clemson as being equal to BC from a competition and a quality of record basis.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Possibly the worst argument I've ever heard

Dec 2, 2007, 8:27 PM

I'm thrilled that Clemson is going to the Peach Bowl. However, your argument is terrible.

Clemson beat 2 of the 3 teams that beat BC?!? Well, BC beat Clemson (in our house), beat GaTech, and beat VaTech (the first time) ... ALL teams that beat Clemson.

BC is slightly better than Clemson. Thank goodness we have better fans that travel well. Now let's go whip some fake Tigers.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Possibly the worst argument I've ever heard

Dec 2, 2007, 10:28 PM

So the Coots beat Georgia and Kentucky! Are the coots better than those teams?

My point is that if you used this year records to predict how many times BC would beat Clemson in a 10 game series, I don't see how anyone could justify more then 5 out of 10.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

According to your argument, Vandy is better than UGA

Dec 2, 2007, 10:45 PM

Since Vandy beat USC that beat UGA, then they should be a BCS bowl per your argument (your original argument was Clemson > BC since we beat 2 teams that beat them).

Based on the records and on-field results, I would say BC beats Clemson 6 out of 10 times this year. Especially considering BC entered a hostile environment and still beat us (although barely).

Regular season records:
BC 10-2
CU 9-3
Looking at those records, I would guess that BC is a slightly better team than Clemson this year.

You have to take the orange colored glasses off once in a while. I'm happy for the Tigers and thrilled we're in the Peach. However, BC is a slightly better team than us this year.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If you really want to split some hairs...

Dec 3, 2007, 1:05 AM

Clemson really won the "Atlantic" division, but of course, in reality not by the current rules... but consider this:
We lost to GT, VT, and, BC - 2 out of the 3 are in the "Coastal" division.

BC lost to UMD & FSU - both within the "Atlantic" division.

Therefore, Clemson was 5-1 and BC was 4-2 in the Atlantic Divison. Would that not mean that we won the "Atlantic"?

Just thought I'd throw something out there, since we're all spitting hairs.

GO TIGERS!

See you all in Atlanta!

I like that. Very interesting point.***

Dec 3, 2007, 8:56 AM

Sagarin strength of schedule, BC: #31. Clemson: #43.

Dec 3, 2007, 2:35 AM [ in reply to According to your argument, Vandy is better than UGA ]

So BC also had a slightly tougher SOS. But based on what I've seen for the last 3 years of BC beating Clemson, I'd say that BC is consistently a bit better than Clemson... or at least better coached. (I'll bet their coaches would have called one of their two time-outs with 11 seconds remaining.)

Better Coached?

Dec 3, 2007, 10:04 AM

Weren't you the same guy who was touting how great Rich Rodriguez is?

AWESOME!

Dec 2, 2007, 8:17 PM

Eat More Chicken Bowl, here we come. Moo.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

Thank you Tommy and Team!***

Dec 2, 2007, 8:52 PM

i'm really excited about the match up

Dec 2, 2007, 9:37 PM

great teams and great traditions

It's a Tiger eat Tiger world. Is it a preview of next year?***

Dec 3, 2007, 2:38 AM