Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dan Scott Blog Extra: More Random Thoughts
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 921

Oct 29, 2007, 9:09 PM

See what Dan thinks of his Maryland prediction, Clemson's inconsistency, and this Saturday's game at Duke. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dan Scott Blog Extra: More Random Thoughts

Oct 29, 2007, 9:18 PM

Free this Saturday? Might want to take a road trip and see if you can't turn this one into a quasi-home game.

Is admission free?

he's asking if you're free... IE have free time to go see it***

Oct 29, 2007, 9:43 PM

Nah; it's Dan's ploy to get some dookies to actually attend

Oct 30, 2007, 7:21 AM [ in reply to Re: Dan Scott Blog Extra: More Random Thoughts ]

their home football game to create some semblance of an "atmosphere". Don't think it'll work, though.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL. Yep, all the tickets you want. If I were you, I'd get

Oct 30, 2007, 12:21 PM [ in reply to Re: Dan Scott Blog Extra: More Random Thoughts ]

about 50 of them and then sell them outside the stadium.

P.S. - Lay off the caffeine.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message.

You would have to pay people to take the tickets.***

Oct 30, 2007, 6:04 PM

Oct 30, 2007, 9:09 AM

Also a backyard game for me. I have never been to a game at Wallace Wade, and I was wondering if it is a good idea to purchase tickets online or if I can expect to get a better deal as a walk-up. Any advice?

Oct 30, 2007, 10:43 AM

We took a road trip up to duke the year that we lost, and you are right it was very embarrassing having more fans than duke. Anyone looking to go to the game should have no problem finding tickets to the game if it is like when I went. I think we ended up picking up 4 of them on the street right before the game for like $10 a piece. There were so many people selling tickets it was ridiculous. Very cool campus, but not much tailgating going on.

Oct 30, 2007, 3:26 PM [ in reply to Re: Dan Scott Blog Extra: More Random Thoughts ]

Thank you for the advice. $20 is a lot better than anything I've found online. See you there and GO TIGERS!

Someone posted earlier that all tickets for the Duke game

Oct 30, 2007, 3:28 PM

are $40....even general admission.....Seems like they were told that by the Duke ticket office.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Do what you want, but the truth of the matter is ...

Oct 30, 2007, 3:34 PM [ in reply to Re: Dan Scott Blog Extra: More Random Thoughts ]

... that since Duke "fans" do not purchase football tickets in the first place there are not a lot of tickets for sale by fans before the game.

In 2005, there were very few tickets being hawked in the parking lots prior to the game and most of those were asking face value.

There WAS a time when Duyke was pleased to sell general admission tickets at the gate for $10 ... no more. they have wised up and understand that Clemson coming to town means lots of Tiger fans who will pay full face to get in the gate.

If you show up without tickets, be prepared to look in vain for the elusive "cheap" ticket and them be ready just to get in line at the ticket gate and pay face.

Word to the wise.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 30, 2007, 4:24 PM

Heading down from Richmond for the game. I expect us to run wild. Saw Duke play FSU last weekend in Tallahassee and the FSU defense overwhelmed the Duke offense. I'm sure we'll do the same.

Replies: 11
| visibility 921
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic