Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Tigers Stumble Badly In Atlanta
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

Sep 29, 2007, 8:09 PM

Special teams troubles, offensive woes too much to overcome in 13-3 loss to Georgia Tech. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How many years has special teams killed us...

Sep 29, 2007, 8:55 PM

And we have not fixed it yet!

As always,
This has been clemsontiger07®. GO TIGERS!

I'm getting fed up too, but unlike last year, ...

Sep 29, 2007, 9:22 PM

there is only one angle you can take if you plan to blame this particular special teams disaster on the coaches. They need to get better players. Players that don't fumble punt returns and kickers that can kick the ball between the uprights and linemen that don't run in the punter (personal foul my @55). There comes a point where the players have to execute.

From now on, Bucholts not allowed to play soccer the night

Sep 29, 2007, 11:38 PM

before a football game.

have a feeling the kid would choose soccer over FB***

Sep 29, 2007, 11:40 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I disagree

Oct 1, 2007, 10:39 AM [ in reply to I'm getting fed up too, but unlike last year, ... ]

these problems happen regardless of who the players are. They happened years ago when our entire roster was different. They've happened in all the intervening years and they're happening this year. The one constant through those years is Bowden and (some) of the staff. The players change constantly, the head coach doesn't. If it's always the players' fault, then all we can conclude is that we have ASTRONOMICALLY bad luck of ALWAYS getting JUST THE WRONG players who can't hack it. I don't buy that.

It's a coaches job to tie up loose ends by coaching players to be disciplined enought to get those things down to a bare, bare minimum. But when it continues for years on end, you can be assured it can be traced to that which has been constant in the program - Bowden.

The call that stalled it all was

Sep 29, 2007, 9:27 PM

the play that JD called time out. The off. had momentum going with CH under center and playing smash mouth ball. Then came the trickery. The same happened on the first drive after half time.This is only part of the story though. There was a lot of mental mistakes. We're not dead yet. Alot of football left.

You do realize

Sep 29, 2007, 11:26 PM

that we came out after that time out, ran the play w/ JD taking the snap and got a first down right? It was a 12 yard game on the very next play.

Then on the next play there was a fumbled snap w/ Cullen under center...THAT'S what killed that drive, not the "trickery"

Now do you see why I said it?

Sep 29, 2007, 10:35 PM

NOW, do you see why I said we wouldn't match up against these guys?! And to those who called me a pessimist or a coot..... please check your orange-colored glasses at the door :)

Even the coaches were saying we'd see how good we are against GT and VT. I think we just found out that we can't run the ball against good teams. I hope we get better at it -- SOON!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

Re: Now do you see why I said it?

Sep 30, 2007, 12:29 AM

Well I say that Spiller is a Great Athlete............BUT!!!!!! They are still not using his talent right. He is not the line it up and run it back. For every long run has there are six for no or little gain. Use him like USC used Reggie Bush.

Sep 30, 2007, 8:28 AM [ in reply to Now do you see why I said it? ]

You seem happy that you were finally right. I still call you a coot for finding joy in the loss.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 30, 2007, 11:28 AM

JOY ??? HAPPY ??? How do you get that I am happy about this??? I love our team, and want them to win. I also hope that our weapons will be used the BEST way that they can. I just think that James should be they main back and Spiller should be the XFACTOR.

Man our defense played a heck of a game

Sep 30, 2007, 1:26 AM

You can't blame that side of the ball.

Re: Man our defense played a heck of a game

Sep 30, 2007, 2:02 AM

Are you kidding me? GT ran the ball almost every play yet we never were able to stop it? Come on. How can you not stop it when you know the next play?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Man our defense played a heck of a game

Sep 30, 2007, 2:50 AM

I'm not on the 'Fire Bowden' bandwagon, but there is one thing I don't understand. Rob Spence's offense has changed very little since he arrived. Why can't he make adjustments during a game? If his game plan is working, we do well, if it's shut down, we're done because he absolutely will not make any adjustments. Maybe I'm just licking sore wounds, but it seems that way to me.

Front line did a horrible job. Okay. I'm done.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

okay junior, how can Spence change anything when the O-line

Sep 30, 2007, 3:35 AM

can't block anyone? I am suprised that you didn't see this coming with our horrible Offensive line play against Furman. Most games are won based on how well your offensive line plays. If our offensive line doesn't give Harper time to throw the ball and if our offensive line can't block for the running backs what do you expect? This isn't as much the coaches fault as everyone thinks. Our offensive line stinks, spiller can't block in the backfield worth saving his life and Virginia Tech is going to eat us up for this reason. I wouldn't be too optimistic about the next game.

Re: okay junior, how can Spence change anything when the O-l

Sep 30, 2007, 9:17 AM

Harper still needs to throw the ball away instead of taking that many sacks. If you see the pressure coming right at you and you don't do anything you have to give some of the blame to Harper.

Re: Tigers Stumble Badly In Atlanta

Sep 30, 2007, 9:07 AM

The Buchholz experiment is over. Let him concentrate on soccer. It's time for Richard Jackson, you can't do both and that was obvious yesterday. Spence is overrated. Seems to me that Korn is much more mobile than Harper and Cullen was just off yesterday. For some reason, Tommy won't change quaterbacks. Finally, this team is heading for 8-4 which is all I think we'll ever get from Tommy despite the talent level.

Sep 30, 2007, 6:26 PM

Worked in the 80's with Igwebuike and Ariri....

Sep 30, 2007, 9:45 AM

OK, never been a coach, but haven't I heard that you beat a blitz with running the ball? If that's true, what happened to putting both backs in at the same time. Mis-direction, quick toss to CJ, JD up the middle. Why not use the powerback, JD, on our own 5? Am I wrong? Merriweather all over again?

Eeeeeeasy boys

Sep 30, 2007, 10:09 AM

I think that Harper played a well managed game, he was getting harrassed all day and still if the Recievers had caught a couple of balls we probably win the ball game. Alot of people is sayin that Harper had a bad game thats totally unfair to our QB it was a meltdown upfront which led to lack of runnin the ball and people are sayin Harper needs to throw it away yes there were a 1 or 2 plays he shouldve Im not gonna lie but the rest were 3 step drops and he still got popped in the mouth, the kid had no time, give this kid a break and stick with your team we havent lost 4 in row yet its just one loss alot of people last week were sayin if we win 2 out of the next three were doin pretty good and were 1-1 we just need to beat VT and all these naysayers will be back to sayin we cant be stopped. I hate fans like this stick by your team, the fact is that is the worst performance we had all year and we still couldve won the ball game if our recivers would have caught some balls. Im not in panic mode yet we still are only 4-1 just like Florida, OU and many others after yesterday, ease up guys GO TIGZ!!!!

re: "I hate fans like this stick by your team"

Sep 30, 2007, 10:56 AM

i agree. a lot of people were sitting pretty much the entire 2nd half while we were down just 4 points, like the game was already over. i didn't understand how we could give up with 30 minutes of the game left, even while things weren't going our way at all... maybe that's just me.

Yep, We call em Bandwagon Fans***

Sep 30, 2007, 11:09 AM

Re: re: "I hate fans like this stick by your team"

Sep 30, 2007, 6:29 PM [ in reply to re: "I hate fans like this stick by your team" ]

The game is played on the field not in the stands..

Sep 30, 2007, 1:05 PM

There's a lot of football left to play. I think we'll play them again in Jacksonville when it counts. Go Tigers!

Sep 30, 2007, 3:32 PM

Don't get me wrong guys. When I said I was done, I meant done complaining, not 'done' with the tigers. I've been a fan for 40 years, I won't stop now. I just felt like adjustments could have been made. 2 backs, more direct snaps, a heck of a lot more screens. I never said pull Harper, I wouldn't have. True, he wasn't his sharpest, but how can you be when you have to release the ball so quickly. He also didn't drop all those passes. I'm not ready for anyone to lose their jobs, it's one loss. I hear about all this talent and how Bowden can't get them going, well why doesn't all of this talent catch the ball, run the ball, kick the ball, punt the ball, hold on to the ball, and block a man in front of you. Can't blame this last showing on the coaches, I just wanted to see something to mix it up and show them something different. Defenses know how to prepare for Spense. He needs more variety. Just an opinion.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic