Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson vs. NCSU Postgame Analysis
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1,061

Sep 26, 2007, 11:48 PM

Clemson?s first road test of the season proved to be anything but a test. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemson vs. NCSU Postgame Analysis

Sep 27, 2007, 12:48 AM

Interesting you say we should have scored on at least 2 of those 4 red zone possessions. Ford had one taken away after replay and Davis had another taken away because of a suspect holding call. There's two right there.

Ford had his other TD called back because of Davis' personal foul hit, which even tommy says was a bad call.

Game should've been in the fifties as you say, but due to suspect officiating it wasn't. I'm not saying we couldn't have been better in the red zone, but bad officiating doesn't help either.

Yeah, I thought that was a weird comment too...

Sep 27, 2007, 10:35 AM

...as if there's a science in determining how many times you can score in the red zone.

And overall, we did make 9 of 18 3rd down conversions, which is pretty doggone good.

I also noticed he said Ricky Sapp was the leading tackler with 6, but Tramaine Billie had 8.

Overall some good opinions and some bad by Quoz, errrr, Roy, and sometimes he tries to present football opinion as football fact, but overall it's about a 7.

Interesting .... you giving Spiller advice....interesting.***

Sep 27, 2007, 6:04 AM

What advice?

Sep 27, 2007, 7:04 AM

He said Spiller dances too much some time but its worth it since it creates the big run. That's a fact, not advice.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What advice?

Sep 27, 2007, 8:45 AM

Special teams: Spiller fielded both of the Tigers? kickoff returns, but could not do much with them. It looks like he is waiting too long for a hole to develop rather than turning on the speed as soon as he makes the catch. He needs to be at full speed about five yards into the return instead of searching.

It's an *opinion* ... we've all got'em. Need to just

Sep 27, 2007, 9:40 AM

take it for what it's worth.

Of all the people allowed to contribute opinions to Tigernet, IMHO Roy does the best job most weeks.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He also said:

Sep 27, 2007, 8:52 AM [ in reply to What advice? ]

"It looks like he is waiting too long for a hole to develop rather than turning on the speed as soon as he makes the catch. He needs to be at full speed about five yards into the return instead of searching."

CJ's going to play how he and the staff think he should play. Just let the guys play and let the outcomes will be decided by the talent and the coaching on the field. There's no need for second-guessing or "here's what their doing wrong" statements.

Every player on the field and every coach on the sideline are way better athletes/coaches than you or I.

For an article ending "There is not much to complain about"

Sep 27, 2007, 8:59 AM

I count complaints, suggestions etc. in 42 of the 48 paragraphs. Some, admittedly are very viable, others just are outright nits.

Go Tigers

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

problem w/ kickoff lanes...namely Crezdon

Sep 27, 2007, 9:37 AM

No doubt we have too many guys abandoning their lane assignments to try and go around blocks rather than through them. On that kickoff return I saw Crezdon Butler go 5yards to the Rt of his lane, then about 7yds to the Left, and then back across his lane by about 1.5yds to the Right for a missed arm tackle on Blackman, while Blackman's return went exactly where Butler would have been had he stuck to his assignment!

And thanks for mentioning the high number missed tackles due simply to guys wanting the big hit instead of just making sure they get the tackle.

Team looks great though, and we're gonna beat the snot out of GT! GO TIGERS!

Re: Clemson vs. NCSU Postgame Analysis

Sep 27, 2007, 7:58 PM

4 times IN THE RED ZONE and only 9 POINTS. I agree. We need to do much better.

Replies: 10
| visibility 1,061
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic