Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
At The End Of The First Quarter?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

Sep 21, 2007, 12:13 PM

Quarter number one of the football season is in the books and many Clemson fans seem left with unanswered questions about this team and how good it can really be. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree with pretty much everything except the statement that

Sep 21, 2007, 12:34 PM

the WR's are making Harper look good.

I've seen a couple of good catches this year, but for the most part, Harper has put the ball right where it needed to be and the WR's have done their job.

A "great" catch would have been Nelson Faerber hauling in Korn's first throw ... and a very good catch was Kelly's grab for a key first down against U-Monroe when he was hit from two different directions when the ball reached his hands.

Another great catch would have been Kelly snagging the fade in the EZ that he got both hands on against Furman.

The catches that Linthicum and Kelly have made for TD's did not constitute grabs that made Harper "look good" IMHO ... all were pretty much right on the money as have been pretty much everything Cullen has put up so far.

This is just my personal observation.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I totally agree about the way game comment...

Sep 21, 2007, 12:52 PM

This game Saturday will be the first Away game I have missed since Miami a few years ago. It is killing me but I made a promise to a friend that is getting married. I said that I would come to the wedding if it was an away weekend and it wasn't SC or GATech. It just so happens that it is NCState that I did not think about and so I now eat my words but I am going to keep my word.

The last home game I missed was also for a wedding and that literally depressed me for weeks.

I like to go on the road to games. It feels great walking down the sidewalk in enemy territory and see orange all around you or know that if you do not see orange then you will shortly no matter what corner you turn around.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: At The End Of The First Quarter?sad it goes by....

Sep 21, 2007, 1:00 PM

...so fast. Seems like it just started. Now it is just flying by.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I want the ACC to be strong & Clemson to be #1.

Sep 21, 2007, 1:50 PM

I don't think it's aiming too high to want the ACC to be the toughest conference (like the SEC) with Clemson being a perennial powerhouse in the conference and in the nation (like Florida).

I always root for ACC teams outside of the conference. And I always root for Clemson's non-conference opponents (when they're not playing Clemson), even SoCar, because it helps Clemson's rankings to play good teams. I don't just want Clemson to be ACC champs. I want Clemson to hold a top ten ranking-- with an occassional #1.

I don't think that the ACC was weak in the 1980's when Clemson was a powerhouse. Unlike the Big Ten, the ACC had a winning record in bowl games in those years. To me that indicates ACC parity.

I don't think that the ACC is as weak this year as everyone thinks. Bottom-dweller Duke beat Northwestern away. Unranked Miami beat Texas A&M. GT whupped ND away. FSU beat Colorado a mile above sea level. Unranked Wake nearly beat big, bad Nebraska. Unranked MD didn't do too bad against the premier Big East team, WVU. VT is clearly down and got spanked by LSU, but I think most teams will get spanked by LSU this year.

As a fan, I like to dream and worry about what would happen if Clemson went undefeated. Don't take that away from me! :)

Go Tigers!

Please research a little...

Sep 21, 2007, 2:06 PM

"We have gone undefeated one time in our modern history of playing football. One single time."

Wrong...
1900 6-0
1906 4-0-3
1948 11-0
1950 9-0
1981 12-0

5 undefeated seasons is accurate

Re: Please research a little...

Sep 21, 2007, 2:12 PM

Key word there is "modern" I think. I certainly wouldn't consider 100 years ago the modern era of Clemson football. Probably not 1950 either although some may disagree.

Re: Please research a little...

Sep 21, 2007, 2:57 PM

I looked up what several people consider "the modern era of college football". It seems to coincide with games being televised, which started in 1939 (though not on a grand scale). The modern era starts after WWII, at least that is what we consider the modern era today, that is a term that is generational. I am sure that in 1850 they thought they were pretty "modern". So maybe '48 and '50 do count.

WARNING: all material posted by kfast600 is not to be taken seriously and can make you dumber than you were before, if that is actually possible.

I've always heard that "the modern era" refers to

Sep 21, 2007, 7:25 PM

the years after the D-1 A and AA were separated. I thought that was in the seventies but that was before my time.

Re: At The End Of The First Quarter?

Sep 21, 2007, 2:34 PM

Shouldn't take anything away from Harper due to good wide receiver play - they are supposed to do that and every QB depends on good receivers to help their stats.

Right ... I always think 'Modern' when I hear 1900. ******

Sep 21, 2007, 2:59 PM

OR rotary telephone or 8-track***

Sep 21, 2007, 7:23 PM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So being better than everybody else is the same as...

Sep 21, 2007, 11:56 PM

...everybody else sucks more than you?

Now, THAT is a winning attitude!

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic