Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
2007 ACC Pre-Season Football Team Announced
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 49
| visibility 1

Jul 25, 2007, 4:25 PM

Boston College senior quarterback Matt Ryan has been selected as the Pre-Season ACC Football Player of the Year in voting by media attending the annual ACC Football Kickoff at Pinehurst earlier this week. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LAME. JD or CJ is better than Choice or Ore.***

Jul 25, 2007, 4:30 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Locker room material - should motivate JD and CJ***

Jul 25, 2007, 4:33 PM

I agree...Let them shove it down their faces***

Jul 25, 2007, 5:59 PM

I'm a big Davis and Spiller fan, but I disagree.

Jul 25, 2007, 4:34 PM [ in reply to LAME. JD or CJ is better than Choice or Ore.*** ]

Didn't Ore lead the ACC in rushing last year? He was First Team All-ACC. The VT offensive line was terrible last year and yet he still was amazing. Ore is the best RB on the best team in the ACC. He should be First-Team.

What about Choice though?***

Jul 25, 2007, 4:37 PM

Ore is not the BEST rb. He is the most productive on the

Jul 25, 2007, 4:38 PM [ in reply to I'm a big Davis and Spiller fan, but I disagree. ]

best team. I'll give you that. That said, I can see him or TC being 1st team because a lot of the media are going to bump CJ and JD down based on the fact there is only 1 football. The 2 guys at NCSU are very good as well.

How is he not the best? He has excellent vision.

Jul 25, 2007, 4:40 PM

Do you realize just how bad the VT offensive line was last year? Didn't Clemson have a pretty good run defense last year?

lol...

Jul 25, 2007, 4:42 PM

the best run defense in the country can't do anything when they are winded after being on the field for the entire game.

Congrats to VPI on the win -- you destroyed Clemson. But please don't use that game as the example of Brandon Ore's week in and week out performance.

You can't go wrong with Ore, Davis, Spiller, or Choice.

Jul 25, 2007, 4:46 PM

They are all excellent RBs. The bottomline is that Ore led the ACC in rushing (at least I think he did) while also getting hurt at the beginning of the Wake Forest game and not playing in the UVA game. That is excellent production. Look at his stats.

look at YPC-- not even close-- JD was hurt for latter part

Jul 25, 2007, 4:56 PM

of season as well.

Yes, let's look at the numbers.

Jul 25, 2007, 4:58 PM [ in reply to You can't go wrong with Ore, Davis, Spiller, or Choice. ]

1. Tashard Choice...... GT JR 14 297 1473 5.0 12 46 105.2
2. Branden Ore......... VT SO 12 241 1137 4.7 16 70 94.8
3. James Davis......... CU SO 13 203 1187 5.8 17 64 91.3
4. C.J. Spiller........ CU FR 13 129 938 7.3 10 80 72.2

So Davis averaged 1.1 YPC MORE than Ore, and had one more TD on 38 fewer carries...and had to share time with CJ Spiller.

CJ Spiller averaged 2.6 YPC MORE than Ore, and scored six fewed TDs on 112 fewer carries.

Let's look at Carries per TD

Ore - 15.1 Carries to score a TD
Davis - 11.9 carries to score a TD
Spiller - 12.9 carries to score a TD

So tell me how, exactly, stats say Ore is a better RB?

And that pretty much wraps it up right there.***

Jul 25, 2007, 5:22 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

My vote is on Ore being First Team All-ACC at the end....

Jul 25, 2007, 5:31 PM

of the year. If we win the ACC then he will most likely be the Player of the Year as well. Davis and Spiller ran behind a much better offensive line last year than Ore did.

go back to chokieboard.com punk***

Jul 25, 2007, 7:32 PM

Uh, no sir...

Jul 25, 2007, 5:22 PM [ in reply to You can't go wrong with Ore, Davis, Spiller, or Choice. ]

Choice led the ACC in rushing followed by our own James Davis, who, as mentioned before, missed time because of injury. Ore follows and Spiller is behind him... and note that Spiller didn't get to show off his full ability last year as a freshman.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

My mistake then

Jul 25, 2007, 5:32 PM

I wasn't sure if he did that's what I said "think." Ore also missed time due to injury.

It completely negates your First Team claim.

Jul 25, 2007, 5:36 PM

You argue that him being the leading rusher in the ACC last year (which he wasn't) was justification for him to get the nod.

James Davis topped Ore and did it with fewer carries. Clearly, by your logic, Davis deserves the spot.

They did alot better....

Jul 25, 2007, 4:42 PM [ in reply to How is he not the best? He has excellent vision. ]

when the offense sustained drives and let the defense get off the friggin field.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

so does both of our backs--- JD was the top vote getter at

Jul 25, 2007, 4:48 PM [ in reply to How is he not the best? He has excellent vision. ]

RB for 1st team All ACC honors last year. (ahead of BO and TC)--- That's based off results, not speculation. CJ was 4th as a true FR. It is obvious that BO and TC benefited personally from JD and CJS being on the asme team and it has nothing to do with them being better backs.

Also, take a look at YPC from last year:

Jul 25, 2007, 4:55 PM

CJS 7.3
JD 5.8
TC 5.0
BO 4.7

CJS and JD had the top 2 #s in the league. There were several players with YPCs better than TC and BO from other schools that are also returning this year.

Not to mention the Coastal had 3 patsies last year.

Only two ACC games w/ 100 or more yards rushing !?!?!?

Jul 25, 2007, 4:54 PM [ in reply to How is he not the best? He has excellent vision. ]

Otherwise, his best games came against Georgia Tech (59 yards), Duke (64 yards), Boston College (71 yards) and Miami (79 yards). It appears the Clemson game was somewhat of an anomalie.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

But who does he REALLY have to share carries with?***

Jul 25, 2007, 4:40 PM [ in reply to I'm a big Davis and Spiller fan, but I disagree. ]

That's why he should be considered the best.

Jul 25, 2007, 4:43 PM

He had no rest. He is a RB with a grade of A and the next backup is a B- at best.

Ore is really good, but he's third string at Clemson.

Jul 25, 2007, 4:44 PM

Just saying.

Alright...we'll agree to disagree.

Jul 25, 2007, 4:49 PM

I think he's the best in the ACC. You don't. That's fine. He's First Team All-ACC and that's good enough for me.

What? That makes less than no sense. If he had to share

Jul 25, 2007, 9:02 PM [ in reply to That's why he should be considered the best. ]

carries with Davis OR Spiller, would he still be the best?

I wish Ore had a great RB to share carries with.

Jul 25, 2007, 4:52 PM

I think that is a big reason why Clemson's offense is so good. You run with Davis and suddenly bring in a fresh Spiller and he breaks off a 50 yard run against a tired defense. I'd rather have that than give the ball to Ore 30-35 times a game like we have to do. He usually takes only two or three plays off a game. I'm referring to the rest factor. It's tough to carry the ball that many times.

Your logic is outrageous...

Jul 25, 2007, 5:26 PM [ in reply to That's why he should be considered the best. ]

And if Ore is better, explain his 647 yards and 6 TDs as a freshman to Spiller's 938/10 or James Davis's 879/9 when they were freshmen?

geez, what a homer pick

Jul 25, 2007, 5:34 PM [ in reply to That's why he should be considered the best. ]

We'll see what you bring to Death Valley. Keep talkin.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: geez, what a homer pick

Jul 25, 2007, 9:42 PM

VT OWNS you and the Valley!

.... uhhhhhh***

Jul 26, 2007, 9:22 AM

null

Best team? Quite possibly...

Jul 25, 2007, 5:18 PM [ in reply to I'm a big Davis and Spiller fan, but I disagree. ]

But in effect, that helps him perform better.

You quickly forget how Davis was hampered by injury last year and Spiller didn't get to show everything he was capable of in all the games.

To say Ore is better than either of them is asinine. Stats don't necessarily equal more talent.

I am sick of hearing how much better........

Jul 25, 2007, 4:36 PM

T. Choice is than either one of our backs.

BS I say.

hope this ticks JD and CS off. look out!***

Jul 25, 2007, 4:37 PM

LOUD NOISES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jul 25, 2007, 4:40 PM

How in the eff does neither Spiller nor Davis make first team All-ACC?

No CJ no Daivs and no Mearling

Jul 25, 2007, 4:45 PM

that list is BS.!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I missed no Merling...

it's okay, though. He'll just have to cry himself to sleep in the boatloads of cash that he's going to make in the draft next year. (Unfortunately, there's no way he stays for his senior year.)

A agree 100%***

Jul 25, 2007, 4:55 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Where's Hamlin??? Rolle was selected on "potential"***

Jul 25, 2007, 4:45 PM

so, is this like the Preseason National Championship the

coots win every year?

I mean, really, what does a Pre-Season award MEAN?

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Photobucket

Wow.... No Davis or Spiller

That is a joke.

The only sensible thing I've ever seen you post. Point. ;-)***

Jul 25, 2007, 4:48 PM

Did GT's James Johnson go pro???

Jul 25, 2007, 4:52 PM

If not, his absense on the First Team is is criminal. He put up good numbers last year despite playing 2nd fiddle.

Obviously the writers don't think much of Clemson's players***

Jul 25, 2007, 4:53 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 2007 ACC Pre-Season Football Team Announced

Jul 25, 2007, 5:03 PM

it's unbelievable that 2 guys at the same school that had an average YPC or more than the next 2 guys in the ACC were left off the All-ACC team just because they are at the same school. If CJ Spiller was at Duke and had 7.3 yards per, he would be All-ACC, no doubt. Ore and Choice are great backs, no question. But you put JD and CJ in the backfield together, well, we've all seen the results. Thats why they should be All-ACC. There is a reason they have TWO runningbacks on the roster. JD and CJ are the best in my opinion.

CJ Spiller is hands down THE BEST running back in the ACC***

Jul 25, 2007, 5:19 PM

What a bunch of crap..........but that's ok

Jul 25, 2007, 5:27 PM

We seem to play better when we fly in under the radar. Hope the coaches use this to their advantage.

And that's what you call motivation. This excites me...

Jul 26, 2007, 9:04 AM

I'd rather have a confident team hungry for respect coming into the season than one resting on pre-season accolades. CJ and JD get the chance to go head to head with both of these guys this year to prove who's best.

Says alot about what they think of our OL with JD or Spiller

Jul 26, 2007, 10:26 AM

not included on first team? Although Branden Ore did make alot of people forget about JD and Spiller last yr in Blacksburg.

We'll see what happens.

Replies: 49
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic