Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson Holds Off Syracuse, Advances To NIT Final Four
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 3,069

Mar 21, 2007, 10:21 PM

Rivers' 29 points leads way as Tigers fend off furious Orange rally in game's final minutes. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Free Throws are Free Points!

Mar 21, 2007, 11:47 PM

Hey coach, do you all shoot free throws in practice? I do not think so by the stats, 17-34= 50% (this is sorry FT%). You take out KC who shoot 66%(which is still sorry) your team shoots 9-22 = 41% (this sucks). There are middle school teams that shoot better than 41%. My mom, who still shoots FT, with her grandson, who shoots granny style, can make 4-10 from the stripe. What gives? How many games did CU loose when they shot less than 60%? Maryland lost by 5 FT 38%, UNC by 22 26%, Duke by 2 91% (surprize) Vir. by 1 56%, GT by 12 68%, WF by 2 66%, Maryland by 16 76% (lucky), Duke by 5 50%, BC by 5 50%. 5 games, less than 60% and the loss was less than 5 points (excluding UNC). Can anyone tell me why CU did not get into the NCAA, big dance? I can 58.4%. Who can tell me the worst FT team in the ACC? I can CU. Who can tell me what ranking is CU in FT%? I can 322. OP: can recruit, can coach, but can't teach FT. They team that can make FT's wins championships, those that can not are cellar dwellers. The call the FT line the "charity stripe". It is free, uncontested shot. How many have you heard of the "Hack a Shaq". There was a defense tactic that teams used to stop Shaq from scoring, bc he could not shot FT. I think every team that plays CU, employs the "Hack a Tiger" or "Tag a Tiger". With less than 10 mins to play, foul a tiger player. It does not matter before the shot or after. The odds in your favor, they will miss. Are the tigers getting better? Sure, if their goal is to be the best 65 team in the country. Instead of the Univer. cover the seats in LJ with new plush seat covers, go out a hire you a FT coach.

My hubby thinks that making Free Throws is not as cool as a

Mar 21, 2007, 11:58 PM

dunk shot or a 3-pointer, so when these kids are growing up they practice what is cool, not what is practical. It's hard to change old habits. I have seen Oliver pulling these guys off the floor after missing FT's, but he's got to make it a really big issue, especially in recruiting! Our 3-point shooting was really good tonight, but on other nights our missed FT's could have saved us!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'Nuff said!

Re: My hubby thinks that making Free Throws is not as cool as a

Mar 22, 2007, 12:05 AM

Pull them off, he needs to run their butt off in practice for being the 322 team in the country, yes the country in FT%.
As for 3pt shots and slam dunk make the highlight reel, I agree. Having a great FT% team wins championships. Give me championships anyday over a highlight reel.

Stress to recruits: stress to players, the reason they are not in the big dance. Those 2 or 3 losses by 1 or 2 points, keep the Tigers out of the big dance bc they can not make FTs. The players, current players need to know that!

Re: Clemson Holds Off Syracuse, Advances To NIT Final Four

Mar 22, 2007, 10:42 AM

are tickets available in Clemson for the games at MSG?

Replies: 4
| visibility 3,069
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic