Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Roy Martin: Clemson - NCSU Preview
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1,478

Nov 10, 2006, 9:29 AM

Roy Martin breaks down the North Carolina State game and predicts the winner. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lordy...not another close one. I don't feel good about thos***

Nov 10, 2006, 9:31 AM

I think he predicted a close game with GT.

Nov 10, 2006, 9:39 AM

Not that that matters, though. It will still be the Schizophrenic Bowl.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

and if we played them again, it probably would be close.***

Nov 10, 2006, 9:49 AM

Re: Lordy...not another close one. I don't feel good about

Nov 10, 2006, 9:40 AM [ in reply to Lordy...not another close one. I don't feel good about thos*** ]

What's up with Clemson being a 17 pt. favorite?? I was uncomfortable last week with Clemson being a 20 pt. favorite, although I thought we would win a close one. I can't see us out-scoring NCSU by 17 points. I hope they prove me wrong.

Though for the day

Nov 10, 2006, 1:39 PM [ in reply to Lordy...not another close one. I don't feel good about thos*** ]

25 years is a long time to wait...

Dissension within the team???!!!!!!

Nov 10, 2006, 9:47 AM

I guess that's the last thing we want now!

27 points is giving our offense a lot of credit considering

Nov 10, 2006, 11:21 AM

we've only scored 19 points in the past 8 quarters and 1 touchdown.

romans 8:28

www.loosechange911.com/
www.killtown.com
www.letsroll911.org
www.universalseed.org

I agree ... no way we put up 27 unless there are D/ST scores***

Nov 10, 2006, 1:48 PM

Re: 27 points is giving our offense a lot of credit considering

Nov 10, 2006, 2:52 PM [ in reply to 27 points is giving our offense a lot of credit considering ]

I agree with Roy. It won't be pretty. It will be difficult to cover the spread. State is athletic on defense. It is their strength. We do not have the talent at wide receiver and quarterback to have much success through the air. Stats do not always tell the real story. Passing efficiency doesn't mean much when the overwhelming majority of the passes are thrown laterally. I have seen very few vertical passes, and fewer hit a reciever in stride. We are laid bare and exposed for what we are: one dimensional. If State loads the box, its field goal city. State will determine their fate. If they play well with few mistakes and penalties, expect another 13-12 game. If we break a slip screen or swing pass early, or have at least limited sucess with both run and pass (if you can call what we do a pass), we will prevail.

Re: Roy Martin: Clemson - NCSU Preview

Nov 10, 2006, 1:45 PM

Roy...I really enjoy your writings. Thanks for not making excuses for our team and thanks for not blaming the fans for our team's lack of enthusiasm.

Players: hang in there, and seniors, generate some motivation. We believe in you guys.

I blame our coaches for not getting our players motivated, and for not having our quarterback's mechanics perfected...even after 4 years of being on the team and waiting behind Whitehurst.

25 years is a long time to wait. For all the real Clemson fans, we deserve the things we have asked for and should not feel guilty for questioning our program.

Four Way Tie for First?????

Nov 10, 2006, 1:58 PM

I have had some spare time on my hands and did some wishful thinking.
What happens if:
CU finishes 5-3 in conference loses to VT, Mary., and BC
WF finishes 5-3 loses to CU, FSU, and Mary
Mary finishes 5-3 loses to Miami BC, and GT
BC finishes 5-3 loses to NCST, WF, and Miami

Anyone want to take a gander at the results

Maryland goes, with one divisional loss.***

Nov 10, 2006, 2:22 PM

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Roy Martin: Clemson - NCSU Preview

Nov 10, 2006, 2:20 PM

Has everyone forgotten? We have no passing game. Stuff the box and we loose. Big. NCSU 31 - CU 13

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

..:: ru4god2 ::..

4 way tie

Nov 10, 2006, 2:23 PM

I did say wishful thinking?

Re: Remember, this team is into its annual slide

Nov 10, 2006, 4:08 PM

Nice preview, but everyone is forgetting the hallmark of a Tommy Bowden-coached team at Clemson: there is always going to be that three or four game slide during the season, and we are in that right now. This team was dormat for three quarters at Wake, used emotion to battle Tech, and has once again been sleeping in the games against the Hokies and the Terps. There was no life last week, and the only assurance we will have that slump is over is when they wake up and start playing well. I am not sure it will be this week.

Re: Remember, this team is into its annual slide

Nov 10, 2006, 10:12 PM

All coaches have to battle through being stereotyped. Mack Brown at Texas couldn't win the big one. Now Tommy has an annual slide. Where's the faith and patience when we need it. Clemsons on the verge of some great things, even if it don't happen as fast as we want it to. It could be a lot worse, like SC, Duke, Virginia, NCSU, and NC. We pounded on the door this year, and we'll be pounding next year.

Replies: 16
| visibility 1,478
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic