Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Tommy Bowden Press Conference Notes
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 956

Aug 29, 2006, 11:31 AM

Dan Scott was on site at Tommy Bowden's season-opening press conference Tuesday and filed these notes. Audio soon to follow. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

wow, that was quick. The press conf. just ended 2 minutes

Aug 29, 2006, 11:38 AM

ago

badge-donor-10yr.jpg2013_bowl_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Tommy Bowden Press Conference Notes

Aug 29, 2006, 11:41 AM

- Saturday game plan: Not holding anything back, not holding back any formation or defensive calls. No hidden secrets.

So we can somewhat gauge our team with this first game? Granted it'll be the first one and the team will get better as the season progress.

- Rebuilding a program: If I was 70-something years old and they paid me a couple hundred thousand dollars to live in the state of Florida and start up a football program, I'd enjoy that.

Didn't USuC try to do the same thing with Lou except he lived in Florida during the summer.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Not holding anything back," i ain't buying that***

Aug 29, 2006, 1:00 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't know anything about music. In my line you don't have to.
- Elvis Presley

Aug 29, 2006, 2:05 PM

I dunno, I just don't like these two comments. There is a certain truth to them but they both seem to go to "playing up/down to the opponent".

- Opening with a game like this hopefully there's a little more margin for error.

- Wonder about sense of urgency, since this isn't an opening game vs. a nationally-ranked or conference opponent.

This seems to be our weak point playing down to the competition. I think I would rather hear "This game could make or break our season." You know, the old saying that every college football game is a PLAYOFF game, loose one and you're in trouble, loose two and you're out. That is the mentality I would like to hear from our coaches and players every week.

Sure there are going to be games like the FAUs and the Temples where everyone knows that we won’t necessarily need our ‘A’ game and we can make a few mistakes and still win. I guess I am just superstitious and don’t like the players and coaches verbalizing these thoughts, or maybe there have been too many Wake Forests and Dukes the last three years.

Unless...

Aug 29, 2006, 7:04 PM

Realism is all he is speaking. Everything he said is true. Coaches have to be realists, not have blinders on to certain things

Replies: 5
| visibility 956
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic