Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Mickey Plyler's Blog for May 11
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

May 11, 2006, 10:16 PM

Mickey Plyler talks about his idea for a new phase for the West End Zone project, President Wilhelm, and future blog and radio schedules. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Mickey Plyler's Blog for May 11

May 11, 2006, 10:38 PM

BOoo on the phase four. Although it would look good for recruits/football players what about student parking? Grass always is preferable to asphalt but there already isn't enough parking on campus for the most part and taking away those 300+ spots wouldn't be good. So, i disagree.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mickey, bad idea for parking reasons

May 11, 2006, 11:19 PM

that lot is vital for a great number of students who commute in from the local apartments. It is most definately not used only 6 times a year!

Nice thought, but logistically impossible

I did not read MPs blog but it seems it has something to do

May 12, 2006, 6:43 AM [ in reply to Re: Mickey Plyler's Blog for May 11 ]

with a problem that has been going on for some time now. Ever since CU began letting all students have cars on campus there has been big arguements over thingslike moving cars on game day etc. Yep even the FB players have to move theirs. It seemed everytime they made a change we had to park farther from dorms. So I feel for you guys and want to let you know we have all gone through it.

"Take me out to the Ballpark"?

May 11, 2006, 10:39 PM

When did they rename it from "Take me out to the Ballgame"?

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: "Take me out to the Ballpark"?

May 11, 2006, 10:54 PM

Yeah..Thats What I would like to know also.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

2016 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

I am Jeff Gordon. LOL*******

May 12, 2006, 9:35 AM [ in reply to "Take me out to the Ballpark"? ]

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Danny Cannon

May 11, 2006, 11:14 PM

I just thought you might like to know that in 2002 Central Spirit gave Danny Cannon the Gator Farr award, which goes out to the best fan (student, employee, professor, or otherwise) of Clemson every year.

For those of you who don't know, Gator Farr was the man responsible for the original Gamecock funeral at Clemson (among other things).

For a list of past winners and information about the award, here's a link to the Central Spirit homepage.

http://people.clemson.edu/~spirit/new/index.php?page=majorevents/gatorfarr/index.htm

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Attended the 100th Clemson vs. USC game on a broken ankle from 8 hours earlier. Got a recliner in the endzone for the 100th game...it was worth it. Story in Profile.

I also voted for Danny for this, he was extremely deserving***

May 12, 2006, 7:52 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ok, so where are students(me) suppose to park for class?***

May 12, 2006, 6:13 AM

Now I can't help you with that problem because we always

May 12, 2006, 6:52 AM

walked to class. Even Students who lived off campus had special parking lots that were not very close to some classes. One of the things I found hard getting used to was walking the hills after spending summers at home in low country. It even made me more sore than 2 A days.

The WCCP commuter bus will bring you in

May 12, 2006, 7:09 AM

call mickey at the drive.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Orange Googlers Unite

Save Tigernet--Boot the coots(you know who I mean).

I guess the parking lot and the practice fields could switch

May 12, 2006, 7:38 AM [ in reply to ok, so where are students(me) suppose to park for class?*** ]

places and student parking would just be further out. I used that parking lot almost every day my last 2 years at Clemson, so I understand the problem. I did, however, ride the CAT bus from that lot most of the time, only opting to walk if I had eaten too many cheeseburgers the day before. It wouldn't be much difference for the CAT to pick people up on the other side of perimeter, but for those who chose to walk, it would be further and more dangerous to cross the 4 lane road.

In conclusion...leave it like it is...I guess.

Here is the student solution

May 12, 2006, 9:37 AM [ in reply to ok, so where are students(me) suppose to park for class?*** ]

Just switch the current practice field and parking. You are still riding the CAT bus on in I think. Does anyone walk from that lot to class?

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

it's still a stupid idea***

May 12, 2006, 10:08 AM

Very mature, constructive comment.***

May 12, 2006, 11:05 AM

your moma***

May 12, 2006, 4:58 PM

I agree completely. I'm not sure how...

May 12, 2006, 10:17 AM [ in reply to Here is the student solution ]

much the practice field being there will really help with recruiting, but if it isn't too much trouble, what the heck.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message.

Parking

May 12, 2006, 5:11 PM

I commute and I agree that the parking lot could be moved and nothing would change because of the CAT bus but what about tailgating? It is an awesome sight to see all those cars and people packed in together outside of the stadium. I think that is more impressive from a recruiting standpoint. Plus, think about how much Clemson charges for parking spots right next to the stadium. If that is switched you can't charge the same price for spots with a longer walk. And I am pretty sure that cars do not park on the practice fields. Although, it would look nice, all in all it is a bad move for money reasons. Just like everything else around Clemson lol!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

crap like this

May 12, 2006, 5:16 PM

is ridiculous. You want to inconvenence the students who, pay for tuition and books, buy parking passes and numerous other fees just to impress some recruits that may or might not come. It would also be an inconvenience to the football players as well. If you have ever been out to the practice FIELDS, you know that there are 3 separate fields. One for Defense, one for Offense, and the grassy turf field are for scrimmages. So after the first session of practice when the two sides are done practicing they can walk a quarter of a mile across the street to scrimmage instead of walking a few yards. There are a lot of people out there that think of Clemson as football first and academics second. But Clemson is a University first and athletics come second. And yes I know Mickey went to Clemson.

Re: crap like this

May 13, 2006, 4:23 PM

Why do some people have such a chip on their shoulder about MP? What did I miss? I may not agree with everything he says, but some people like you seem to attack at every chance they get. Just curious.

We know he's smart, but the hyperbole just makes me sick.

May 15, 2006, 8:07 AM

It's a blog. Save the lofty exaggeration for your next Great American Novel.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe just a bit too serious

May 13, 2006, 9:25 PM [ in reply to crap like this ]

This sounds like some of you have taken this a little too far. I too am a student will need that parking lot, but who cares. I don't think this is anything but a little bit of wishing from a recuriting gooru. It sounds like a good idea on paper, but in real time do you really think it would work for anyone, students and athletic department alike? It is a cool thing to think about, but some of you seem to have gone off a little to harsh on Mickey. Seems like he is just thinking out loud, and I for one did not think something like that would even make a difference.

Ath Dept spent over $1 million on the current practice turf

May 13, 2006, 12:10 AM

back in 2001 and 2002. There's no possible way to justify moving the fields.

It would be entirely feasible to lay a structural support underneath the field to support athletic activities and the weight of vehicle parking (they're called "green lots" and they're pretty cool) but the caliber of the fields after one home game would be equal in quality to a poorly funded middle school football program in the heart of Detroit. You get the picture.

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic